Progesterone For A Dude

DaveFoster

I just figured out I've been taking about 100-200 mg progesterone per day for the past few months.

Apparently, this isn't a standard dose.

I haven't started lactating, so what's going on with this progesterone?

Wait... what if this is why my libido is low.
:nonono

Sheik

How did you not know?

What effects do you get from it?

Any effect on hair thickness? :3

superhuman

This is what RP answered me in an email.

"No, progesterone can't be converted to estrogen, that's DHEA. But progesterone antagonizes testosterone, and shrinks the penis."

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

How did you not know?

What effects do you get from it?

Any effect on hair thickness? :3
Hair is pretty fabulous. Dandruff is persistent, however.

It kills the low-estrogen and high-estrogen effects of letrozole. It makes me focus better, more social, and I can't say enough good things.

This is what RP answered me in an email.

"No, progesterone can't be converted to estrogen, that's DHEA. But progesterone antagonizes testosterone, and shrinks the penis."
That explains the pencil.

O

Oniyogini

:rollingredI love this forum, just when it starts to get really academic and serious
there's always some crazy in-coming.....
Bless your cotton socks!

Sheik

So I decided to try a good dose of progesterone. I took about three drops and I feel pretty damn good. I'm mellow and I've got a nice tingling sensation in my extremities.

Fourth drop incoming. Hope this doesn't affect my workout tomorrow.

Oh, one thing too, I got extremely horny for like ten seconds after I took it. Weird. I noticed before that it killed my orgasms when I took it.

...man, my balls aren't feeling too good. Lol.

Dobster

So am confused here. Can/should a dude use Progesterone or NOT ? I thought small doses was a good thing with DHEA. Increased Libido, testis/penis size. Wasn't expecting shrinkage. :eek:

marsaday

I think it is good in small doses. For a man up to 10mg per day. We make 20mg approx per day, same as a woman does. She will then make a huge amount at different times in the cycle.

I thought progesterone was used to chemically castrate male sex offenders. Anyone else heard that ?

I was on 2 drops per day = 6mg and i had a blood test after about a month of use. It has increased my testosterone by 22%. I wasn't after any benefit with testosterone, but it was good to see. I am a thyroid patient and i was hoping it would improve thyroid function. Well it also did that and my TSH actually came up as it was always suppressed. So this shows that the progesterone was helping the T3 get into the cells and be used up more efficiently. All good and i have been on it for a year now. If i try and reduce down i notice a change that day. I become colder and more anxious. So it seems a key part to my health routine.

I can't see large doses being a good thing for a guy though.

Dobster

Thanks Marsaday, great info. I have low test. So this looks like an avenue for me. Suspect same with TSH/T3 also. Don't want to get castrated :arghh: but any help I can get it welcomed.
so would this cream be a good one ?
ProFeme® 10
Cream containing 10% w/v (32 mg/mL) Progesterone B.P (Prog-4-ene-100-dione)

Thanks
Dobster

michael94

why not take pansterone or something with pregnenolone and DHEA? @Dobster
or just pregnenolone,

iu

Dobster

Hi Icecreamlover, actually I started Preg 50mgs nightly about 10 days ago. Not sure of the effects as yet. I keep seeing stuff about Preg making you gain fat. Not sure how accurate that info is. I was just thinking progesterone would yield quicker results ? OR is this wrong of me to assume ?

Thanks
Dobster

michael94

Hi Icecreamlover, actually I started Preg 50mgs nightly about 10 days ago. Not sure of the effects as yet. I keep seeing stuff about Preg making you gain fat. Not sure how accurate that info is. I was just thinking progesterone would yield quicker results ? OR is this wrong of me to assume ?

Thanks
Dobster

Hi

I believe some people report different effects from oral dosing of pregnenolone vs sublingual and transdermal. For low test you probably want preg + dhea and haidut has a topical supp for that that should last like half a year at the doses most people find best ( people in the thread say 2-3 drops is all they need ).

here is a good talk on the hormones and it has timestamps

postman

I think it's insane to take progesterone as a dude, except to prevent permanent damage from head trauma and such. Progesterone is a supplement for transsexuals. Enjoy your shrunken penis and bubble butt.

It's dose dependent and whether your estrogen is too high. Prostate inflammation and other problems can be solved with low amounts of progesterone. Too much is too much. But it is the most powerful estrogen blocker.

Sheik

I just wanted to try it. Stupid? Maybe, idc. I'm back to normal now so what can you say.

I think the ball pain I had might be related to my PFS. I wonder. Any guys with or without PFS want to report whether or not you had ball pain from progesterone?

Dobster

Interesting perspectives - Guinea Pig time :jawdrop: Oh BTW Icecreamlover - I live in Asia with some weird laws on meds etc. Would do no good to order Haidut's stuff. It will get confiscated by Customs. I suppose I can use any reasonable type of Progesterone cream ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals