Progesterone Enhanced Verbal Speed And Fluency Without A Loss In Accuracy

Hans

Forum Supporter
An interesting study shows that progesterone is responsible for verbal accuracy and fluency.

Interactive Effects of Dopamine Baseline Levels and Cycle Phase on Executive Functions: The Role of Progesterone
"Thus, during the luteal phase women increased their response speed with no change in accuracy, which is indicative of better performance in both tasks. We interpret these findings as an evidence of improved verbal skills during the luteal phase compared to other phases. Both the verbal N-back task and Stroop word condition involve inner speech, and it is well documented that silent repetition of letters and single word reading tasks engage similar brain regions such as left inferior frontal gyrus (including BA 44, Broca's area) and other peri-sylvian regions (Paulesu et al., 1993; see Turkeltaub et al., 2002 for a meta-analysis). Our findings are consistent with previous reports, demonstrating enhanced verbal abilities during the luteal phase, including simple verbal output tasks (Hampson, 1990; Maki et al., 2002; Šimič and Santini, 2012). Our results indicate that this effect is attributable to progesterone, but not estradiol as suggested by previous studies (Maki et al., 2002). A study from Natale et al. (2001) found that in postmenopausal women, the addition of progestogens to estrogen therapy replacement, improved verbal memory compared to estrogen alone."

Have any males here who have used progesterone before experienced this?

lampofred

Progesterone increases my fluency but makes me talk slower.

Peatful

Double entendre? Irony?

lampofred

^Is that to me? Progesterone makes me use just as many words as necessary. Not too little not too much. That's why it both increases fluency but makes me speak slower. Serotonin makes me talk too little/too slow, estrogen makes me use more words than necessary and also speak overly fast like I'm out of breath, "talk a lot without really saying much" is an apt way to put it, the words might be big but they don't have much meaning upon closer examination.

Beastmode

An interesting study shows that progesterone is responsible for verbal accuracy and fluency.

Interactive Effects of Dopamine Baseline Levels and Cycle Phase on Executive Functions: The Role of Progesterone
"Thus, during the luteal phase women increased their response speed with no change in accuracy, which is indicative of better performance in both tasks. We interpret these findings as an evidence of improved verbal skills during the luteal phase compared to other phases. Both the verbal N-back task and Stroop word condition involve inner speech, and it is well documented that silent repetition of letters and single word reading tasks engage similar brain regions such as left inferior frontal gyrus (including BA 44, Broca's area) and other peri-sylvian regions (Paulesu et al., 1993; see Turkeltaub et al., 2002 for a meta-analysis). Our findings are consistent with previous reports, demonstrating enhanced verbal abilities during the luteal phase, including simple verbal output tasks (Hampson, 1990; Maki et al., 2002; Šimič and Santini, 2012). Our results indicate that this effect is attributable to progesterone, but not estradiol as suggested by previous studies (Maki et al., 2002). A study from Natale et al. (2001) found that in postmenopausal women, the addition of progestogens to estrogen therapy replacement, improved verbal memory compared to estrogen alone."

I've noticed a bit when combined with coffee and T3 (a few mcg.)

Progest-e rubbed into the gum to be exact (1 drop.)

I'm typically pretty fluid with accuracy and fluency, but definitely feel a bit more "steadiness" when stacking them together.

I know it's the progest-e b/c I don't experience the same with just coffee and T3 or either of them by themselves like I do with progest-e.

Peatful

^Is that to me? Progesterone makes me use just as many words as necessary. Not too little not too much. That's why it both increases fluency but makes me speak slower. Serotonin makes me talk too little/too slow, estrogen makes me use more words than necessary and also speak overly fast like I'm out of breath, "talk a lot without really saying much" is an apt way to put it, the words might be big but they don't have much meaning upon closer examination.
Oh goodness- no.

Yes. My comment was cryptic.

In the title he said accurancy vs accuracy.

I found it clever considering the content of the post; even though it may have been unintentional.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Progesterone increases my fluency but makes me talk slower.
Nice, what dose do you use?
I've noticed a bit when combined with coffee and T3 (a few mcg.)

Progest-e rubbed into the gum to be exact (1 drop.)

I'm typically pretty fluid with accuracy and fluency, but definitely feel a bit more "steadiness" when stacking them together.

I know it's the progest-e b/c I don't experience the same with just coffee and T3 or either of them by themselves like I do with progest-e.
Good to hear. That's a small dose and it can still have an effect.

Beastmode

Good to hear. That's a small dose and it can still have an effect.

I'm not an overly sensitive so I attribute it to 1) sticking to the basics here and/or 2) never experimenting with all these smart drug stimulants that the biohackers suggest, therefore not getting numb to the subtler stuff.

I like the "long game" approach.

What has been your experience?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm not an overly sensitive so I attribute it to 1) sticking to the basics here and/or 2) never experimenting with all these smart drug stimulants that the biohackers suggest, therefore not getting numb to the subtler stuff.

I like the "long game" approach.

What has been your experience?
Honestly, I haven't used it yet, that's why I'm asking. I'd like to try small doses in the future as well.

milkboi

Does Pregnenolone have that effect too (through conversion to Progesterone)? I'm very much after this effect (although it is not my main focus), and it would be nice not to "have" to take both Preg and Prog.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does Pregnenolone have that effect too (through conversion to Progesterone)? I'm very much after this effect (although it is not my main focus), and it would be nice not to "have" to take both Preg and Prog.
It could because the preg converts mostly to prog. So it depends on your conversion rate.

lampofred

Oh goodness- no.

Yes. My comment was cryptic.

In the title he said accurancy vs accuracy.

I found it clever considering the content of the post; even though it may have been unintentional.

Ah I see, got it.

I don't use it regularly but I use a pretty large amount (for males) when I do use it, around 5 drops of Progest E. Synergizes well with coffee.

Bart1

@Hans you mentioned somewhere that progesterone is only useful when the liver is able to detoxify estrogen. Could you elaborate on that ? So if your liver is in not so good shape is it not wise to supplement with it? I have tried progesterone with DHEA myself. I had mixed results. One day I feel great on it, the other day I feel nothing. I also have symptoms of high estrogen which do not really seem to disappear during use of Prog/DHEA...

Anders86

Once leaving on vacation I left my Pregnenolone at home in fear of customs. After 2-3 days I experienced aphasia like symptoms, forgetting the name of anything. I could not finish a simple sentence without stumbling on words. But then again there was a lot of alcohol and little sleep.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans you mentioned somewhere that progesterone is only useful when the liver is able to detoxify estrogen. Could you elaborate on that ? So if your liver is in not so good shape is it not wise to supplement with it? I have tried progesterone with DHEA myself. I had mixed results. One day I feel great on it, the other day I feel nothing. I also have symptoms of high estrogen which do not really seem to disappear during use of Prog/DHEA...
If the liver is not able to detox the estrogen, then progesterone will only increase circulating estrogen, which can then cause problems elsewhere in the body. But progesterone is also good for the liver at the same time. Keeping inflammation low (with calcium, magnesium, gelatin, etc.) and stimulating good bile flow can help to excrete the estrogen. Calcium-d-glucarate and choline can help to detox the estrogen as well.
Blocking the aromatase can also help to reduce intracellular estrogen creation.

Bart1

If the liver is not able to detox the estrogen, then progesterone will only increase circulating estrogen, which can then cause problems elsewhere in the body. But progesterone is also good for the liver at the same time. Keeping inflammation low (with calcium, magnesium, gelatin, etc.) and stimulating good bile flow can help to excrete the estrogen. Calcium-d-glucarate and choline can help to detox the estrogen as well.
Blocking the aromatase can also help to reduce intracellular estrogen creation.
Thanks! About choline, would 1-2 egg per day and 6-8 ounces of beef liver per week be enough ? I'm taking MB as well, it should help with detoxification and blocking aromatase I believe

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks! About choline, would 1-2 egg per day and 6-8 ounces of beef liver per week be enough ? I'm taking MB as well, it should help with detoxification and blocking aromatase I believe
1-2 eggs should be good, but some people might need more, for example 4-6 yolks. But combined with the liver, the 1-2 yolks should be prefect.
Yes methylene blue synergizes with vitamin B1, B2 and niacinamide to inhibit the aromatase and detox estrogen. I'm not sure how potent methylene blue is as an aromatase inhibitor, so I wouldn't know the perfect dose. As far as I know, there haven't been any in vivo studies on that yet.

bluefish

I thought as a male… (which I am)… you had to be very careful with taking progest-e …
I have dabbed a ‘corn’ size drop on my gums before bedtime some nights to see if helps w my sleep (maybe it does can’t tell) .::
So you’re suggesting I use for a mental enhancer?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I thought as a male… (which I am)… you had to be very careful with taking progest-e …
I have dabbed a ‘corn’ size drop on my gums before bedtime some nights to see if helps w my sleep (maybe it does can’t tell) .::
So you’re suggesting I use for a mental enhancer?
Try a larger amount. When I used 1-2 drops progest-e sublingually, I noticed better sleep quality. Some people need higher amounts for sleep and cognitive benefits. For topical use, I prefer progestene from idealabs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom