Progesterone dosage for dog

L

Lord Cola

Has anyone asked RP a safe progesterone dosage for dogs, for emergency situations and for maintenance? I would also like to hear your personal experiences giving progesterone to your dogs or cats - improvements, side effects, etc.

Had great experience keeping our sick dog alive with among other things progesterone. 30 pound dog got a human adult dose. Our dog had a bad liver.

Beastmode

Our ailing dog(s) toward their later years really benefited from the 1-5 drop range. One was a pug and the other a lab.

It took a few other tweaks, which I've shared on this forum somewhere, but it definitely helped get our pug from barely able to walk to running again.

OP
L

Lord Cola

@Beastmode Thanks, I found the thread - very helpful! Do you remember how much your pug weighed? Also did you start with a high dose? My dog is in a bad condition so I feel like I need to give him a good dose to start with, but I don't want to give too much.

@ecstatichamster Thanks. How did you find the right dosage of thyroid for your dog?

@retroactive Thanks!

@Beastmode Thanks, I found the thread - very helpful! Do you remember how much your pug weighed? Also did you start with a high dose? My dog is in a bad condition so I feel like I need to give him a good dose to start with, but I don't want to give too much.

@ecstatichamster Thanks. How did you find the right dosage of thyroid for your dog?

@retroactive Thanks!

just observing behavior and bowel movements

Beastmode

@retroactive Thanks!

Around 3 drops at a time. Our pug was around 22 lbs at most. If your dog is sleeping more deeply after taking the progest-e, that's not a bad thing.

Consider starting early in the day and keep adding 2-3 drops each time if you're comfortable with it. Keep the calcium to phosphorus ratio good, lot's of carbs, low fat sources (cod, white shrimp, etc.) Like Peat has said, when the body is in a "crisis," things like progesterone and thyroid can be very protective. That means that the dose might be a lot larger than what one would typically take for "day to day" purposes when not in this state.

@ecstatichamster is aligned with how I went about it as well in regards to thyroid intake.

OP
L

Lord Cola

Thanks everyone. I'll try these suggestions carefully.

Beastmode

Around 3 drops at a time. Our pug was around 22 lbs at most. If your dog is sleeping more deeply after taking the progest-e, that's not a bad thing.

Consider starting early in the day and keep adding 2-3 drops each time if you're comfortable with it. Keep the calcium to phosphorus ratio good, lot's of carbs, low fat sources (cod, white shrimp, etc.) Like Peat has said, when the body is in a "crisis," things like progesterone and thyroid can be very protective. That means that the dose might be a lot larger than what one would typically take for "day to day" purposes when not in this state.

@ecstatichamster is aligned with how I went about it as well in regards to thyroid intake.
Be very patient and good luck :)

Has anyone asked RP a safe progesterone dosage for dogs, for emergency situations and for maintenance? I would also like to hear your personal experiences giving progesterone to your dogs or cats - improvements, side effects, etc.
Gosh I tried a little on my 20 pound bischon last week, on her gums, and she panted terrible the whole day. I am reluctant to that again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals