Progesterone + DHEA Dosages In Young Person

Connor888

So I'm taking thyroid and pregnenolone now and I'm definitely feeling way better. Been wondering if dhea+progesterone could help speed up ones healing though in small dosages. I'm 21, anyone else thought about supplementing these in early 20's? I was thinking maybe 5mg dhea orally and about 6-9mg of progesterone daily. Worth the risk.. is there a risk? DHEA interests me more because I read Ray grew a little bit taller taking it. Makes me wonder

mrchibbs

Thyroid and pregnenolone is probably all you need as a young man.

But regarding some extra progesterone+DHEA, there is no risk whatsoever.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Thyroid and pregnenolone is probably all you need as a young man.

But regarding some extra progesterone+DHEA, there is no risk whatsoever.

i heard the half life of progesterone is 13hrs, is the same true for dhea? i would want to dose it to get full effects.

but yeah i think you're right. if i continue feeling better on the pregnenolone i will just stick with that & thyroid because they do seem to be working rather fast

mrchibbs

i heard the half life of progesterone is 13hrs, is the same true for dhea? i would want to dose it to get full effects.

but yeah i think you're right. if i continue feeling better on the pregnenolone i will just stick with that & thyroid because they do seem to be working rather fast

With more pregnenolone and thyroid, you will end up producing more of your own progesterone and DHEA, so they're not necessary. Focus on high quality foods and you'll be golden. Trust me I'm in my late 20s and I wish I would have known about thyroid and preg when I was 21 like you, it would have saved me a lot of problems.

And that's what Ray recommends for young men anyways.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

With more pregnenolone and thyroid, you will end up producing more of your own progesterone and DHEA, so they're not necessary. Focus on high quality foods and you'll be golden. Trust me I'm in my late 20s and I wish I would have known about thyroid and preg when I was 21 like you, it would have saved me a lot of problems.

And that's what Ray recommends for young men anyways.

For sure. really wish I wouldn't of impulse bought progesterone now though lol.

mrchibbs

For sure. really wish I wouldn't of impulse bought progesterone now though lol.

Nah it's good stuff. I said it wasn't necessary, not that it wasn't good. Keep it, use it topically. It will only help improve things further. Or give it to your mom/sister/gf it will help them too.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Nah it's good stuff. I said it wasn't necessary, not that it wasn't good. Keep it, use it topically. It will only help improve things further. Or give it to your mom/sister/gf it will help them too.
Oh yeah thats a good idea

baccheion

Take pregnenolone 1x/week. Safe at most ages. Replace DHEA with more magnesium and maybe vitamin K2 MK-4. Progesterone with vitamin C and other things associated. Ensure sufficient fat-solubles.

There shouldn't be a need for anything more that good diet and sleep, vitamins, minerals, and maybe amino acids at your age.

What have you looked into as far as determining why thyroid output is subpar? Any nutrient deficiencies? Sleeping enough and well enough?

IVILA

Take pregnenolone 1x/week. Safe at most ages. Replace DHEA with more magnesium and maybe vitamin K2 MK-4. Progesterone with vitamin C and other things associated. Ensure sufficient fat-solubles.

There shouldn't be a need for anything more that good diet and sleep, vitamins, minerals, and maybe amino acids at your age.

What have you looked into as far as determining why thyroid output is subpar? Any nutrient deficiencies? Sleeping enough and well enough?
not sure why but even though I eat a good diet, DHEA levels are on the low end of the reference range. Testosterone is descent at 700ng/dl. Only 21 years old as well.

baccheion

not sure why but even though I eat a good diet, DHEA levels are on the low end of the reference range. Testosterone is descent at 700ng/dl. Only 21 years old as well.
Post a CRON-o-meter screenshot.

IVILA

DHEA or DHEA-S?
morning dhea-s serum is 287 ug/dl whereas cortisol is 415nmol/l. It shouldn't be that low at the age of 21.

1615768561922.png

Last edited:

MitchMitchell

what’s your exact protocol (thyroid and preg) and have you got bloodwork done before and after supplementing- not that it matters much anyway as symptom improvement prevails