Progesterone Daily For Men?

EndAllDisease

Hey I bought some Progest-E to experiment with it for it's anti-stress effects. I am currently taking pregnenolone, EstroBan, DHEA, Aspirin, Niacinamide, and Methylene Blue daily, and have purchased Progest-E to add to the mix.
PGE.jpg

I understand that Progesterone is anti-Androgenic so I'm a bit hesitant to take it until I find out more.
So far I have one time rubbed 3 drops on my nose, but am wondering, would this be safe for me to do daily for skin improvement and overall health as a 30 year old male? (Or will the androgenic effects of a 3 drop dose transdermally applied to facial skin have a negative effect that would be other than ideal).

johnwester130

I am also confused about this.

Should men use it ? especially for hair loss ?

Even though this would contradict our own belief that it isn't androgenic ?

It seems like we can't decide if hair loss is androgenic or not.

T

tobieagle

I use it occaisonally on my skin with a moisturizer.

Just try it. You can do no permanent damage with it.
If you notice that your libido goes away, just stop and in 10 days at most you are back to baseline.

dookie

Could using progesterone, which lowers testosterone, lower metabolism? Or would the other effects of progesterone make up for the slightly lowered testosterone?

youngandold

Progesterone and progestins are used to chemically 'castrate' sexual offenders.

So I'd say no.
Unless progesterone levels are really low in men as proven by blood tests (healthy men have and seem to need a little progesterone).
Otherwise its effects won't make up for the reduced T.
At least not in (non-transgender and not gay) men.

You are much more likely to regret taking progesterone than T.

Bodybuilders know hormones.
Forums say that even low doses of progestogenic steroids (like nandrolone, oxymetholone and trembolone) suppress natural T a lot.

jaguar43

Progesterone and progestins are used to chemically 'castrate' sexual offenders.

So I'd say no.
Unless progesterone levels are really low in men as proven by blood tests (healthy men have and seem to need a little progesterone).
Otherwise its effects won't make up for the reduced T.
At least not in (non-transgender and not gay) men.

You are much more likely to regret taking progesterone than T.

Bodybuilders know hormones.
Forums say that even low doses of progestogenic steroids (like nandrolone, oxymetholone and trembolone) suppress natural T a lot.

To chemically castrate sexual offenders they are constantly given those drugs ( i believe every three months). I heard Ray Peat has said that at times, he took enough progesterone that it knocked him out completely. He was referring to his own progest-e. He also said that protest-e can increase sperm mobility.

I also think they gave sexual offenders cyproterone acetate and other synthetic progesterone variations. Which I wouldn't recommend to women.

Haidut has posted studies showing that Progesterone can increase DHT in men without increasing estrogen. Of course you don't want to over do it.

youngandold

Why cyproterone acetate isn't OK for women?
Would you mind elaborating as I'm specially interested because my ex-wife was using it as a contraceptive (Depo Provera) and I'm pretty sure her hormones got messed up as a result.
Do you know how to revert those damages?
Sometimes I feel a bit guilty about it.

Back to topic
We're talking about optimizing hormones while still remaining within the normal range.
i.e. from low or low-normal to midrange or high-normal at most.
So again getting your testosterone in the upper half of the range would beat any progesterone supplementation, at least for men.
T gives more energy with less side effects (like ED, endogenous t suppression) than progesterone.

You can try progesterone but you should get lab tests to make sure you don't get over the normal range.

youngandold

Don't get me wrong.
Optimizing progesterone in men can be a GREAT idea.

But not much is known about the role of progesterone in men.
But you can be a pioneer on it.

Most bodybuilders prefer to add some TINY amounts of nandrolone (deca) a progestogenic anabolic steroid, as they swear that it soothes and even cures their joints and ligaments when everything else (including surgery) has failed.
They mention a great overall sense of well being and seldom getting sick while on it.
Again bodybuilders know hormones.

You can start an interesting blog by getting a progesterone blood test to see where you stand...

marsaday

Progesterone raised my testosterone by 22%. I was using 2 drops of the progestE oil, now just one. In HIGH doses it will lower testosterone, but in low doses it should compliment our own production.

NathanK

Progesterone raised my testosterone by 22%. I was using 2 drops of the progestE oil, now just one. In HIGH doses it will lower testosterone, but in low doses it should compliment our own production.
This is what i thought. It can have more of a balancing effect in low doses depending on what is causing the hormonal problems. There can be multiple ways to skin this cat depending on the situation.

marsaday

Also i didn't have very low testosterone. It was mid range. I think it went from 18 to 22 after progesterone and the range is 8-31 nmol