Progesterone Cream On Scrotum

T

TheBeard

Not sure how it would compare but I'm sure it will have a synergistic effect. Progesterone is a more potent anti-catabolic agent than testosterone and progesterone itself can also stimulate muscle protein synthesis. If progesterone happens to have an anti-androgenic feeling for something, they could rather use 6-keto P4, which has the same anti-catabolic effect to P4, but without the sedation and so on.
Tren is also a more potent AR agonist than T, so perhaps adding DHT to the mix will further mimic its effects.

My current protocole involves testosterone cream applied to the scrotum that brings my T to twice the upper limit of the range and DHT to four times the upper limit of the range.

My muscle growth is rather disappointing, I'm almost the same as when I don't apply the cream.

I'm hoping for the synergistic effect, and that the DHT produced from test scrotal application will be enough to counter the anti androgenic effect of P4 if they ever arise.

Will report after one week of use.

Really have no positive experiences with P4 as a man. Regardless of how I used it, always seemed to give me that hypogonadal feeling of sunken androgens at best, and outright moody and emotionally unstable at worst. Don't really see it as having any place on my path to health.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My current protocole involves testosterone cream applied to the scrotum that brings my T to twice the upper limit of the range and DHT to four times the upper limit of the range.

My muscle growth is rather disappointing, I'm almost the same as when I don't apply the cream.

I'm hoping for the synergistic effect, and that the DHT produced from test scrotal application will be enough to counter the anti androgenic effect of P4 if they ever arise.

Do you have a good training program and diet as well?

T

TheBeard

Do you have a good training program and diet as well?

I've gained mass very easily in the past with an average diet and a less than average training program.
It seems that for the past three years my SIBO has wrecked havoc on my hormones and my metabolism, and I have to solve the problem from one end or the other.

Solving the problem from the SIBO end has been hard, I'm trying to solve things from a hormonal standpoint.

vulture

WTF twice the upper limit of T and no difference on strength/muscle? That totally defies my knowledge

opethfeldt

Tried it a few times. Never noticed anything positive from it. Hard to say whether it did anything negative but it didn't feel androgenic either.

opethfeldt

WTF twice the upper limit of T and no difference on strength/muscle? That totally defies my knowledge
Androgen receptors determine how easily someone gains muscle, not androgen levels. He may just have insensitive receptors.

Quelsatron

I'm never going to rub anything on my scrotum again aside from maybe red light. You have to remember that your balls are like 1/500th of your body weight, and are exposed to roughly a 500x dose compared to if you eat it. You wouldn't down an entire Thorne k2 bottle, but a few drops doesn't seem scary to apply to your balls.

Mauritio

Androgen receptors determine how easily someone gains muscle, not androgen levels. He may just have insensitive receptors.
Also myostatin levels.

T

TheBeard

Tried it a few times. Never noticed anything positive from it. Hard to say whether it did anything negative but it didn't feel androgenic either.

Did you use it alongside androgens?

I'm going to be using transdermal progesterone cream alongside my high testosterone dose and report.

opethfeldt

Did you use it alongside androgens?

I'm going to be using transdermal progesterone cream alongside my high testosterone dose and report.
I tried it standalone as well as with DHEA and preg. It didn't seem to make a difference vs just taking DHEA and preg on their own.

T

TheBeard

Yesterday was my first progesterone trial.

I applied quite some cream to my arms and belly, for a total of roughly 50mg around 9pm.

By 10pm I was feeling more sleepy and relaxed than I usually do.
I had no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, even after applying more testosterone cream than I usually do and which amps me up.

This morning I woke up feeling rested, but at the same time like I was hit by a truck.
It was hard waking up, but once up I was rather energetic.
Neck and face were just as swollen, so I didn't get that diuretic or flushing people talk about with progesterone.

The way I feel today reminds me a bit of how I feel after taking melatonin or GABA the night before, albeit slightly less groggy.

Muscles feel slighly less tight and less swollen although I had carbs yesterday.

I don't like that it makes me feel less driven. I have that passive and complacent look on life I usually get with melatonin. It feels very serotonergic.

Not sure I will continue with the experiment this week as I have social and professional events I need to attend, I want to feel optimal for them.

SonOfEurope

Can't increase Estrogen (E2), P4 doesn't have an estrogen pathway, it's an aromatase destroyer and Estrogen biological antithesis.

Doubt it will increase DHT bro, too many steps and the it might actually lower it from its competition with testosterone for 5Ar at Scrotal tissue.

Not a good idea bro, apply it on your arms/forehead.

Progesterone

So... for someone who wants to help scalp hair, and not take finasteride, y'all saying applying on scrotum is bad because it's much more likely to lower test and DHT if applied there?

Interesting.............

mrchibbs

So... for someone who wants to help scalp hair, and not take finasteride, y'all saying applying on scrotum is bad because it's much more likely to lower test and DHT if applied there?

Interesting.............

The challenge with applying progesterone on the scalp is that it may have quite a short half-life, so you'd need to apply it daily to really get the benefits. Moreover, people with "male pattern baldness" typically have very bad blood flow in the scalp and oftentimes the progesterone may not even be able to penetrate the tissues well.

While progesterone was indeed used topically as a treatment for AGA until the 1980s, I don't think anybody argued that it was a sufficient therapy to bring about more than a marginal increase in hair count. Heck even finasteride gives a 10% increase in hair count, on average.

The truly successful (i.e. massive regrowth) cases are the transgenders who take 300-400mg P4 daily (rectally) along with spiro, cpa or some other progestin and the usual E2. That's a massive internal doses which I think has systemic effects resembling pregnancy.

This is far more advanced than the type of effect a little progest-e on the scalp can have.

Progesterone

The challenge with applying progesterone on the scalp is that it may have quite a short half-life, so you'd need to apply it daily to really get the benefits. Moreover, people with "male pattern baldness" typically have very bad blood flow in the scalp and oftentimes the progesterone may not even be able to penetrate the tissues well.

While progesterone was indeed used topically as a treatment for AGA until the 1980s, I don't think anybody argued that it was a sufficient therapy to bring about more than a marginal increase in hair count. Heck even finasteride gives a 10% increase in hair count, on average.

The truly successful (i.e. massive regrowth) cases are the transgenders who take 300-400mg P4 daily (rectally) along with spiro, cpa or some other progestin and the usual E2. That's a massive internal doses which I think has systemic effects resembling pregnancy.

This is far more advanced than the type of effect a little progest-e on the scalp can have.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not interested to use on scalp... but would like to use on scrotum. To be honest I have been using on scrotum for a few weeks (10mg and started 20mg last night). NOW brand progesterone cream.

P4 rectally is actually brilliant, I have tried it. You feel extremely relaxed like nothing else.

But applying cream on balls is much easier... thoughts on that?

mrchibbs

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not interested to use on scalp... but would like to use on scrotum. To be honest I have been using on scrotum for a few weeks (10mg and started 20mg last night). NOW brand progesterone cream.

P4 rectally is actually brilliant, I have tried it. You feel extremely relaxed like nothing else.

Personally, I think applying it on the testes is very good. I could be wrong, but considering much of the problems we talk about on this forum stem from the hypogonadism (induced by hypothyroidism, which is itself brought on by stress), a little extra progesterone on the testes could help replace some of the deficient production. I would use a mixture of Progesterone-DHEA, personally, like 8:1 ratio.

I haven't experimented with rectal progesterone, but you're right, I've seen some pictures of transgender men in their 40s who become positively gorgeous and youthful looking with high doses rectal P4. The only truly "successful" transitions I see on E2 alone are in very young guys (late teens and early 20s) who already have great health and hair. But even then, I've seen several instances of young guys like that losing their hair on just E2.

But the very best cases of "transitioning" are in young healthy F2M transgenders. Typically these women will still benefit from high natural progesterone, and when they get large amounts of T, they get a very healthy form of masculinization, to me this illustrates the fundamental resilience of the female physiology. And yeah, I think there is a lot to learn from these transgender stories.

T

TheBeard

Thanks for the reply.

Enjoy killing your testicular 5ar and feeling like a eunuch.
Read a bit more about DHT's importance, Georgi posted plenty of articles on the topic.