Progesterone Causing Hair Loss?

noqcks

Male, 26

Low progesterone on blood tests. I decided to start taking 3:1 progesterone/DHEA via cortinon a couple weeks ago. 3-9mg per day of progesterone, almost every day. In that amount of time, my hairline seems incredibly weaker with what looks like less hair per square cm.

When I try to pull out hair purposefully, things seem to hold together pretty well. Get 1-2 strands every 2 times I roughly pull my hand through my hair.

No other lifestyle/diet/nutrition change recently.

Has anyone else seed this effect? Is this an illusion in my mind? Did progesterone perhaps make my hair thinner and more soft, leading to this illusion?

I've heard progesterone is supposed to help hair growth! Is there a cathartic period of some kind ?

SonOfEurope

You need to increase Magnesium, Sodium, Calcium, Zinc and even copper and selenium (slightly) while using Progesterone.

I've taken 30mg for two years... It stopped my excess shedding, my skin elasticity and nail flexibility couldn't be better.

It increases potassium in the cell whilst re-organizing the other minerals at both intra and extra-celular level... Aldosterone antagonism will require more sodium and the improvement in thyroid function would accelerate Magnesium metabolism and in turn affect zinc for that.... More active conversion as well.

You should have the best hair (and nails /skin) ever while doing even a moderate dose of Progesterone if the requirements for the metabolism are met.

SonOfEurope

And it's good you're doing it with some DHEA as well but keep that one on the low side, progesterone is already an aromatase inhibitor of incredible potency, so a small dose of DHEA follows the androgenic pathway but higher doses will still feed into the E2 pool even with progesterone in there.

I'm on 30mg progesterone and just ~1.5 mg DHEA.

equipoise

You need to increase Magnesium, Sodium, Calcium, Zinc and even copper and selenium (slightly) while using Progesterone.

I've taken 30mg for two years... It stopped my excess shedding, my skin elasticity and nail flexibility couldn't be better.

It increases potassium in the cell whilst re-organizing the other minerals at both intra and extra-celular level... Aldosterone antagonism will require more sodium and the improvement in thyroid function would accelerate Magnesium metabolism and in turn affect zinc for that.... More active conversion as well.

You should have the best hair (and nails /skin) ever while doing even a moderate dose of Progesterone if the requirements for the metabolism are met.

That's so true. My hunger is over the top while using Prog. More meat cravings and sugar definitely.

JKX

Male, 26

Low progesterone on blood tests. I decided to start taking 3:1 progesterone/DHEA via cortinon a couple weeks ago. 3-9mg per day of progesterone, almost every day. In that amount of time, my hairline seems incredibly weaker with what looks like less hair per square cm.

When I try to pull out hair purposefully, things seem to hold together pretty well. Get 1-2 strands every 2 times I roughly pull my hand through my hair.

No other lifestyle/diet/nutrition change recently.

Has anyone else seed this effect? Is this an illusion in my mind? Did progesterone perhaps make my hair thinner and more soft, leading to this illusion?

I've heard progesterone is supposed to help hair growth! Is there a cathartic period of some kind ?

Why would you draw the conclusion it's the progesterone and not the DHEA causing this effect?

GorillaHead

Something i thought about the other day if progesterone is suppose to put potassium inside the cell. Wouldn't this cause more depolarization of the cell.

In mpb minoxidil works to open the channels and allow potassium OUTSIDE of the cell.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals