progesterone causing fatigue?

rachelray

has Dr. Peat addressed 1. progesterone causing fatigue?
I've tried small (12mgs) and large (200mg) amounts of topical progesterone when I was still under the influence of crazy perimenopausal hormones and it made me really tired, foggy in the mind, and I gained weight in the middle on it. I haven't been able to find much about this side effect of progesterone - has anyone any experience or knowledge of this?

Gypsumking

I've tried small (12mgs) and large (200mg) amounts of topical progesterone when I was still under the influence of crazy perimenopausal hormones and it made me really tired, foggy in the mind, and I gained weight in the middle on it. I haven't been able to find much about this side effect of progesterone - has anyone any experience or knowledge of this?
I have the exact same question. Has this been addressed by Ray since?

boris

Yes, it's a very powerful aenesthetic. The tiredness is why Peat recommends to find the right dosage by going a drop at a time every 15-30 minutes or so and to wait for the effects.... so you can find the right dosage before the aenesthetizing effect kicks in.

In fact the concentration of Progest-E is specifically chosen so you can't kill yourself by drinking the whole bottle. Too much will stop your breathing and you'll die.

Nemo

A lot of people take like 4-5 mg at night specifically to help them fall asleep.

If you want to take it earlier in the day, you can avoid sleepiness by taking it with DHEA. But you have to be careful how much DHEA you take because it can turn into estrogen and hurt you.

So if you take it first thing in the morning, and you don't want to fall asleep, you might take 1 mg DHEA with 3 to 8 mg of progesterone. Then maybe do it again at noon.

Then wait until bedtime and you can take some more without DHEA to help you fall sleep.

Haidut has a good discussion of dosing progesterone with DHEA here:

If you're dealing with something really terrible, like brain cancer or fibrosis of all your organs, you take as much progesterone as feels good and put up with being sleepy because you've got worse problems than sleepiness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals