Progesterone as a sunburn preventative?

LizLemon

I’ve been using progesterone (Progest-E) topically on my face at night for a few weeks now. I’ve been avoiding PUFA for over 2 years & eating a peat inspired diet for a couple months.

Though fair skinned, I don’t typically burn anymore, but sometimes my face/nose will get slightly burned/pinkish. But since using the topical progesterone at night, I noticed my face doesn’t burn at all, even when I’ve been out for a long time & other parts of my body are slightly pink for a few hours. Could this be a mechanism of the progesterone?

I know it can be used to ease existing sunburns, but was curious about potential preventative properties.

The UV index in my area has only increased recently, so I don’t think I have a good enough base tan to attribute the lack of burning to that.

I’ve been using progesterone (Progest-E) topically on my face at night for a few weeks now. I’ve been avoiding PUFA for over 2 years & eating a peat inspired diet for a couple months.

Though fair skinned, I don’t typically burn anymore, but sometimes my face/nose will get slightly burned/pinkish. But since using the topical progesterone at night, I noticed my face doesn’t burn at all, even when I’ve been out for a long time & other parts of my body are slightly pink for a few hours. Could this be a mechanism of the progesterone?

I know it can be used to ease existing sunburns, but was curious about potential preventative properties.

The UV index in my area has only increased recently, so I don’t think I have a good enough base tan to attribute the lack of burning to that.
How many drops are you using? My one drop would not spread across my face.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Maybe 3 large drops total? I put a little bit of olive oil on my face first which makes all the difference in helping it spread
Do you find that it helps with wrinkles also?

OP
L

LizLemon

Do you find that it helps with wrinkles also?
I’m 28 so I don’t have a lot of existing wrinkles to experiment on, but I definitely noticed the “facelift effect” I’ve seen others mention. It really does make my skin look stretched or new the next day. My mom noticed the same thing when she tried it as well.

Initially I started putting it on my face to see if it would help with red spot from a broken capillary. I had several laser rounds done at a dermatologist office to try to have it removed, but it would always come back. But since starting progesterone topically, the spot seems less noticeable