Progesterone and tocovit knocked me down

steel_reserve

I've started taking menogest at night per my naturopathy doctor. It seems to be working fine by itself.

When I got my bottle of Tocovit I decided to combine them.

The next day my body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. It reminded me if what I felt like when I took aspirin every night for a week: when I stopped taking it i barely had the strength to walk.

I originally started going to that doctor because when I get home from work I had to take a 2-hour nap and stressful situations caused my heart to pound for hours

What would cause such a reaction?

I have very low T but normal DHEA levels, so I suspected I had chronic adrenal activation but it looks like I really need that adrenaline to keep moving.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've started taking menogest at night per my naturopathy doctor. It seems to be working fine by itself.

When I got my bottle of Tocovit I decided to combine them.

The next day my body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. It reminded me if what I felt like when I took aspirin every night for a week: when I stopped taking it i barely had the strength to walk.

I originally started going to that doctor because when I get home from work I had to take a 2-hour nap and stressful situations caused my heart to pound for hours

What would cause such a reaction?

I have very low T but normal DHEA levels, so I suspected I had chronic adrenal activation but it looks like I really need that adrenaline to keep moving.

Low T, unless caused by damage to pituitary or gonads, almost always = low thyroid. So, if the combination of progesterone and vitamin E knocked adrenaline down, there is no thyroid activity to take over in place of adrenal hyperactivity and the person feels sluggish. Not sure if you have measured TSH, total T4/T3 and waking temps but may be worth doing that and if those come back suggesting hypothyroidism the it may be worth asking a doctor for a thyroid script.

Smelly5

Consider your vitamin K status.
Whenever I've taken a vitamin E product, often if there are any problems, making sure I have enough K helps.
If supplementing make sure to take them away from each other if moderate/larger doses.

Both Aspirin and Tocovit would potentially raise your requirements for Vitamin K.

OP
S

steel_reserve

@VitoScaletta I've started taking dessicated thyroid and it has made a big difference overall. I will try adding in progesterone and tocovit to see if I have a better response.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals