Progesterone And Sleep

James_001

Why is Progesterone the only thing that allows me to get a good nights sleep?

I have tried thyroid, and many other peat drugs/supps and the only thing that works is progesterone.

Would DHT have a similar effect?

For some context I am a 23 year old male, been suffering with hypogonadism for a year or so now induced by chronic stress.

Can anyone explain the mechanism behind this and suggest possible solutions that don't involve progesterone (it kills my drive/ambition).

thanks

Agent207

Maybe, one of the reasons -as Haidut previously pointed out- is because its high conversion to allopregnanolone which strong activates gaba receptors.

OP
J

James_001

Maybe, one of the reasons -as Haidut previously pointed out- is because its high conversion to allopregnanolone which strong activates gaba receptors.

Probably true, I also find that phenibut helps. That is also why I thought of DHT, as I have read that it increases gaba.

I wish phenibut wasn't so addictive. I have DHT cream and proviron on the way, so I will report back soon.

tara

Can anyone explain the mechanism behind this and suggest possible solutions that don't involve progesterone (it kills my drive/ambition).
I think progesterone has some direct nerve-calming effect, as well as wider metabolic effects. Did you read Peat's articles on it?

If your drive/ambition comes by running on stress hormones, and you reduce the stress hormones, that may make you feel less driven?

How much are you using? Have you tried reducing your dose to get just as much as you need to sleep?

I have tried thyroid, and many other peat drugs/supps and the only thing that works is progesterone.
What have you tried?
Have you tried various combinations of sugar, gelatine, milk, salt or other snacks before sleep?
Magnesium?
Nasal diaphragmatic breathing?
Keeping warm in bed?
Sunlight or red light during the day?

OP
J

James_001

I think progesterone has some direct nerve-calming effect, as well as wider metabolic effects. Did you read Peat's articles on it?

If your drive/ambition comes by running on stress hormones, and you reduce the stress hormones, that may make you feel less driven?

How much are you using? Have you tried reducing your dose to get just as much as you need to sleep?

What have you tried?
Have you tried various combinations of sugar, gelatine, milk, salt or other snacks before sleep?
Magnesium?
Nasal diaphragmatic breathing?
Keeping warm in bed?
Sunlight or red light during the day?

Yes I do all of those things, progesterone is much more effective.

I've literally tired everything mentioned on site. Progesterone is in its own league.

My drive comes from my libido, which progesterone lowers

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals