Progesterone And Serotonin

Lucas

Hello.

I had a blood test in May 2015 whit Serotonin at 367,4 ng/ml . This was when I was taking thyroid NDT whit a TSH of 0,015.

In October my serotonin was 206,6 ng/ml. This time my TSH raised to 4,8.

But now, my serotonin comes at 56,1 ng/ml, whit a TSH at 0,27 whit T4 and T3 use.

The only difference on this last blood test Is I was taking 50 mg of progesterone.

So, progesterone lowered my serotonin?

dookie

Hello.

I had a blood test in May 2015 whit Serotonin at 367,4 ng/ml . This was when I was taking thyroid NDT whit a TSH of 0,015.

In October my serotonin was 206,6 ng/ml. This time my TSH raised to 4,8.

But now, my serotonin comes at 56,1 ng/ml, whit a TSH at 0,27 whit T4 and T3 use.

The only difference on this last blood test Is I was taking 50 mg of progesterone.

So, progesterone lowered my serotonin?

This is very interesting, thanks for posting.

I have found some overlapping effects between Progesterone and Cyproheptadine, so I strongly believe that progesterone lowers serotonin, and probably also lowers histamine (it seems to have some anti-allergy effects).

Unfortunately, progesterone greatly increases estrogen in myself. Are you male? Have you experienced estrogenic effects from the progesterone?

OP
L

Lucas

Orally 50 mg at bed time. It was bioidentical progesterone

DaveFoster

That's an amazing drop. I can see why progesterone would have that effect, as it's calming.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals