Progesterone And Penis

gilson dantas

I´m studying progesterone on R Peat and at the forum.
Another day I read here in the forum [signed by @jaywills ; from 6/2015] the following statement on progesterone, "Peat has written about progesterone's effects, and how it can make the penis hang small and limp." I don´t imagine R Peat said that.
Does make any sense to think that progesterone can have that effect? @haidut @Blossom @burtlancast

Pointless

Yes progesterone is an anti-androgen. It not only makes it small and limp bit can make it completely numb. This has been reported by posters here.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

OK @Blossom.
@Pointless: yes, you are all right, progesterone is anti-androgen;
you said about posters ihere, OK;
What about R Peat? I am reading R Peat, but I think that I did´t read enought to see himself explaining that "side effect" of the use of progesterone by men.
So perhaps you [or someone other] can mention where exactly R Peat deal with this issue?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I am reading R Peat, but I think that I did´t read enought to see himself explaining that "side effect" of the use of progesterone by men.
I haven't read him discuss that side effect in men either but maybe he has and I just haven't stumbled upon it yet? That's primarily why I don't feel qualified to answer your question. I don't want to speculate and I'm female so I have no personal experience to share.
penis hang small and limp.
Opinion: I will say that I'm pretty sure that if I were male and using progesterone as part of a cancer treatment strategy I'd be willing to put up with that side effect temporarily if necessary. :)

schultz

There has been a lot of hormone discussion lately on the forum, and it has been pointed out that it is not always as simple as people make it out to be.

Progesterone is an anti androgen... maybe it's not so simple. Haidut posted about Progesterone having the ability to raise DHT and can also be a precursor itself to DHT. He also mentioned not much is known about it in regards to this. Combine that with the fact that it is very difficult to study how hormones are working exactly in the body (especially since they are able to convert into different ones all the time) and the sometimes silly way they are studied like massive doses, etc. and you get a lot of confusion!

In podcasts Ray has talked about Progesterone having a cold shower effect. He has also talked about it being necessary for male fertility. He even mentioned that a man got a vasectomy and it made him impotent. A dose of progesterone fixed this.

I'll find the clips for you and post them.

In rat studies, progesterone often increases mounting behavior in males and seems necessary for erections.

Progesterone makes my penis numb even in small quantities.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Very good @marteagal: the issue here it is the concrete antagonism progesterone with testosterone. Very well. Make sense [it is a very especific and clinic antiandrogenic effect of progesterone].
And @ecstatichamster thanks for share your experience. Very good.
And @Blossom you are completely right when you say: "Opinion: I will say that I'm pretty sure that if I were male and using progesterone as part of a cancer treatment strategy I'd be willing to put up with that side effect temporarily if necessary". Perfect.
In a strategy against cancer is more than logical to make this negotiation - evaluating pros and cons - no problem; people are always forced to make choices.
But must to have that information. I think it is essential that people who have to make that choice must to have consciousness of this "side effect"[ otherwise there will not be a choice]. And when I see the average of notes on therapeutic use of progesterone that question is almost never mentioned; I have read a lot about progesterone, for example, and before @jaywills mencionated that I heard only talk about other side effects [ soothing, anesthetic, possibly some bleeding, antiandrogen "in general" and no much more than this].
1- The next question is: it is that side effect reversible by the use, for instance, of DHT?
2 - Perhaps pregnenolone [wich converts in progesterone] will have the same "side effect"?

And @schultz, I appreciate if you got the clips:
I'll find the clips for you and post them

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Of course is a progestin: “In Europe, the antiandrogen drug CPA" style="box-sizing: border-box; transition: color 0.08s ease-in; padding-bottom: 0.1rem;">cyproterone acetate is used in chemical castration”. “Depo Provera contains synthetic progesterone, a female sex hormone used to prevent pregnancy in women. The drug works in chemical castration by diminishing testosterone levels, leading to a decrease in sex drive and aggressive behaviors. The drug seems to have had some impressive results where it’s been used. “[http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/future-sex-should-sex-offenders-be-chemically-castrated]

You'll need very high doses of progesterone to negatively affect the penis or other androgens. At a dose of 2-8mg a day, I've noticed bright-pink feet and hands (i.e. improved circulation, better thyroid function, lower adrenaline), better temps and an increased libido.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Yes @cantstoppeating. Thanks for sharing you experience.
Perhaps you heard about very big dose on progesterone.
I knew that there are professionals using 200 mg [directly transdermal] a day, sometimes 400 mg [case of Wray W] in men; in these cases it is easy to imagine the impact on sexual function [and penis]. And the worst: the issue is never mentioned. This is what may be called zero freedom of choice, I mean, treatment without knowledge of the facts.

Area-1255

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

In podcasts Ray has talked about Progesterone having a cold shower effect.
So, I think perhaps, in men, the use of progesterone is much more complicated that we usually think [specially on prostate problems].
Perhaps it is much more interesting to use DHT directly. And [perhaps at first] optimize the thyroid. In that order.
What do you think about DHT verus progesterone on prostate problems? @haidut

progesterone, one drop on the scrotum each day, can do wonders for prostate problems...just one drop.

That´s very interesting @ecstatichamster. Perhaps you can say something more about this? Any experience? Any R Peat quotation?

It has been my experience. It has long been known to work. Studies from the 1950s.

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jcem-39-5-936

Expression and Function of the Progesterone Receptor in Human Prostate Stroma Provide Novel Insights to Cell Proliferation Control

Can't find the really led studies but they are out there. Doctors use to know about this.

Koveras

Do you mind clarifying your thoughts on the relation of progesterone to serotonin?

In one of the articles it is stated "Progesterone, like Estrogen, tends to increase Serotonin production; especially in the dorsal raphe nucleus; which is a brain region implicated in the pathyphysiology/development of depression. TPH2; Tryptophan Hydroxylase Type 2 is the enzyme that creates serotonin. Progesterone increases the activity of this enzyme - creating more serotonin(30). Because Progesterone markedly increases serotonin synthesis and bioactivity; one should take great caution in the simultaneous use of amphetamine [contd] ... "

The article linked (30) uses medroxyprogesterone acetate rather than natural progesterone - that might be roughly analogous to saying effects of oxymetholone or fluoxymesterone are attributable to natural testosterone.

The second article shows elevated serotonin with progesterone only after methamphetamine treatment if I read correctly.

These other articles tend to show lower serotonin and TPH2 with [presumably] natural progesterone

Estrogen selectively increases tryptophan hydroxylase-2 mRNA expression in distinct subregions of rat midbrain raphe nucleus: association between g... - PubMed - NCBI

In vivo evidence for progesterone dependent decreases in serotonin release in the hypothalamus and midbrain central grey: relation to the induction... - PubMed - NCBI

Differences in hypothalamic serotonin between estrous phases and gender: an in vivo microdialysis study. - PubMed - NCBI

Estrous cycle modulation of extracellular serotonin in mediobasal hypothalamus: role of the serotonin transporter and terminal autoreceptors. - PubMed - NCBI

g habeck

Clarify please! As I hear/read Peat, I've begun seeking a source supply of progesterone. Peat patented Progest-E. Does he still control it so it's made according to his specs? He also mentioned Kenogen Progest-E and that he didn't want the maker of it to use his name [as they do]. So where do I get REAL Peat progesterone?

Last edited:
OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Thanks @Koveras.
But, besides the issue of serotonin, or progesterone/serotonin,what general opinion do you have @Koveras, about the therapeutic use of progesterone in man?
I've seen these articles of Area-1255 site. I wonder: what conclusions you arrived about it [not only about serotonine]?
I think those articles show a far more dangerous progesterone [in man], shall we say?
But you let me curious: what general conclusion or specific conclusion yourself took about those items of Area-1244?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals