charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow! That is so awesome Spondive!!

:dancingsmileyman

OP
S

Spondive

I'm also giving Mom a couple drops a day and she is breast feeding.. I would give more but I was concerned of giving too much.. Anyway I thought this small study was in support of Peat and also studies Haidet sends on increasing allopregnenalone which helps with brain function

CoolTweetPete

Additional information to report on this thread.

I too have a newborn of about 7 days. She was fine in the hospital, but when we returned home she began seeming very 'colicky' particularly at night. I did some research into the subject and saw that Wikipedia lists the cause as 'generally unknown', which makes absolutely no sense.

An otherwise healthy baby should not be so profoundly stressed and irritable. I saw this thread, and researched the symptoms of excess estrogen. I noticed she had very cold hands and feet during her episodes of 'colic'.

I remembered during my childhood, being unable to sleep because of cold feet. I would put on socks and they would not work. I would have to get out of bed and wash my feet in warm water, then put on socks (sometimes two pairs) to relieve the cold feeling. I know my metabolism was compromised from a young age (aunt fed me beans at 6 months), so it got me thinking about that.

My girlfriend and I made an informed decision to administer her a drop (3mg) of Simply Progesterone (Health Natura) last night during an intense episode around 11:30PM.

My girlfriend then passed out as we had been up all night the previous two. I stayed up with our daughter, placed a red lamp nearby, and held her feet with both hands to help warm them up. Within 2 hours, I saw her transform. She was still having intermittent bouts of crying, but she seemed to be handling it better.

By about 2:30AM, she was out like a light. My girlfriend awoke astounded to find her asleep and resting for the first time since getting her home. The whole family finally got a good night of sleep.

Thank you, Dr. Peat, Dr. Kassner, and to this community for providing such profoundly impacting information.

HDD

That is so awesome to hear! Congratulations on your new baby!

goodandevil

I too have a newborn of about 7 days. She was fine in the hospital, but when we returned home she began seeming very 'colicky' particularly at night. I did some research into the subject and saw that Wikipedia lists the cause as 'generally unknown', which makes absolutely no sense.

An otherwise healthy baby should not be so profoundly stressed and irritable. I saw this thread, and researched the symptoms of excess estrogen. I noticed she had very cold hands and feet during her episodes of 'colic'.

I remembered during my childhood, being unable to sleep because of cold feet. I would put on socks and they would not work. I would have to get out of bed and wash my feet in warm water, then put on socks (sometimes two pairs) to relieve the cold feeling. I know my metabolism was compromised from a young age (aunt fed me beans at 6 months), so it got me thinking about that.

My girlfriend and I made an informed decision to administer her a drop (3mg) of Simply Progesterone (Health Natura) last night during an intense episode around 11:30PM.

My girlfriend then passed out as we had been up all night the previous two. I stayed up with our daughter, placed a red lamp nearby, and held her feet with both hands to help warm them up. Within 2 hours, I saw her transform. She was still having intermittent bouts of crying, but she seemed to be handling it better.

By about 2:30AM, she was out like a light. My girlfriend awoke astounded to find her asleep and resting for the first time since getting her home. The whole family finally got a good night of sleep.

Thank you, Dr. Peat, Dr. Kassner, and to this community for providing such profoundly impacting information.

Excellent fathering!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

CoolTweetPete

Thank you all for your kind words. :)

Hopefully someone out there Googling sees Spondive and I's reports and is able to help their little one some day.

healthnatura

I am so pleased you had such a positive response to Simply Progesterone! I look forward, and would be very appreciative, to you posting progress notes on how your little girl continues to do.
Thanks for posting this,
Dr. Peter Kassner

thegiantess

Just thought I'd mention that if the fussiness persists and the other methods don't continue to help you might consider reflux. All babies have reflux, but in some it is worse than others. As far as I understand it is worse at night and often they are inconsolable. They don't need to be spitting up a lot for it to be reflux. In fact, there is a thing called silent reflux wherein they don't spit up much at all. I hope you figure out a way to make her feel better long term. Best wishes.

kaybb

Just thought I'd mention that if the fussiness persists and the other methods don't continue to help you might consider reflux. All babies have reflux, but in some it is worse than others. As far as I understand it is worse at night and often they are inconsolable. They don't need to be spitting up a lot for it to be reflux. In fact, there is a thing called silent reflux wherein they don't spit up much at all. I hope you figure out a way to make her feel better long term. Best wishes.
What do you do for reflux? (Besides antacids )

kaybb

Thank you all for your kind words. :)

Hopefully someone out there Googling sees Spondive and I's reports and is able to help their little one some day.
Is the progesterone still working? Or has you baby been able to get over the colic? Our poor grand son has colic and we are thinking about doing what you did.

CoolTweetPete

Is the progesterone still working? Or has you baby been able to get over the colic? Our poor grand son has colic and we are thinking about doing what you did.

We used a drop (3mg) in the evening for several weeks and she seemed to sleep more soundly during this time. We stopped because she seemed fine without it after about a month. I think improvements in mom's diet were key during this time.

kaybb

We used a drop (3mg) in the evening for several weeks and she seemed to sleep more soundly during this time. We stopped because she seemed fine without it after about a month. I think improvements in mom's diet were key during this time.
Ok sounds good . What were the moms diet changes?

CoolTweetPete

YourUniverse

Having a fan on in my room, or ear plugs, helps me sleep. I was told that this probably means I was a colic baby. I didn't bother looking into what colic even was until just now.

Anti serotonin and anti inflammatory agents have been by far the most effective things for my health, like aspirin, glycine and cypro. Taking aspirin in a tense mood feels like a weight has literally been taken off my shoulders.

Is it possible that we never really grow out of what we call colic for infants? We either exhaust ourselves or learn the behavior is unacceptable (or worse: continue it). The root being excess serotonin, estrogen or inflammation, deficient progrsterone, sensitive gut or something else.

Progesterone made me very calm but I worry about its long term effects on a male.