progesterone and asthma. waves at 3am

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I personally weaned off estrogen gradually. Although we must all do what we feel is right for our own situation I have experienced the hormonal rollercoaster myself when I had a partial hysterectomy some years ago. I have known of people who cut their patch in smaller pieces and weaned down that way. It goes against what a doctor or pharmacist would recommend though. In this day and age with the evidence against estrogen I would think most doctors would be open to decreasing estrogen prescriptions. I know most do not fully appreciate the need for progesterone in women without a uterus but you should be able to obtain Progest-e on your own anyway. I'm sure the stress of darkness plays a role in your breathing worsening at night as well. You may consider a bedtime snack to help keep some of the rise in stress hormones in check too. It sounds like you are on the right track to solving this issue. It will take some patience and effort but I think you will find the results well worth it. Read everything you can from Peat of course to continue to educate yourself on all the things that may play a role in impaired breathing. Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
C

cindy

Thank you all. I did post in the ask for help thread just now. A lot of the comments I got here were helpful to me. I guess I was hoping that there was clearly if you do this and this happens, then it means this. I guess not. The progesterone seems to have helped a lot wih my asthma. The symptoms are almost gone. What is progest e and where can I get it? I gather that it is the progesterone that Ray Peat talks about? I dont know if that form would be good for me because I have very little fat and I seem to metabolize hormones very quickly. I am afraid fast absorption through my gums would be eliminated too quickly. Resulting in a high low rollercoaster. I feel the effects of my cream very quickley and 5 to 7 hours later I feel it wearing off. I am very sensitive. Do you think I should try it?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes I think it is the best progesterone product available. I get mine from electricalbody.com but Long Natural Health usually has faster shipping. I have no affiliation what so ever with either company. 1 drop equals about 3mg so you can control your dosage easily.

OP
C

cindy

I went to a progest e thread and read that using too little can cause more sensitivity to estrogen. Maybe that is my problem. Maybe 5mg is not enough. Also I read that Ray Peat says that a break is not necessary. It would help my asthma to not take a break. Probably because I must be low anyway. I am so glad that I found this site. I am hopeful now that I might be able to figure this out. Thank you for the info Blossom. I will see about ordering the progest e.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You're welcome. I'm glad your here! There are instructions for Progest-e are on both websites for helping people get started. I know many people end up using it differently according to their own circumstance but the instructions are a good place to start nonetheless. Good luck!

chelle86

If serotonin is part of the problem, one way that Ray Peat recommends lowering serotonin is by using a negative air ionizer. We bought one on ebay from a guy in Idaho that was recommended to us, and use it every night to help keep serotonin levels low in relation to its effect on seizures.