Progesterone and allpregnanolone are protective against COVID-19

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think we will be seeing more studies on this topic, especially in light of the ongoing human studies administering progesterone or (gasp!) estrogen to men in the hopes of improving the course of their COVID-19 disease. The results from the estrogen trials are already - surprise, surprise - strongly negative, and the progesterone trials have not yet been completed. The study below indicates that at least some doctors are in the right state of mind as they specifically call out the protective effects of progesterone and its metabolites such as allopregnanolone. While the study does not go as far as directly condemning estrogen, it does explain that the risks of severe COVID-19 skyrockets after a pregnant woman gives birth. Considering that after birth the levels of progesterone and its metabolites plummets, while the levels of estrogens rises, it leaves little doubt as to what the true protective hormone is, as much for pregnant women as for anybody else.

https://www.cell.com/trends/endocrinology-metabolism/fulltext/S1043-2760(20)30222-8
Study shows protective role sex steroids play in COVID-19

"...According to recent CDC data, in the United States, 38,071 women who were pregnant contracted COVID-19, with 51 deaths -- 0.13%. For non-pregnant women, the death toll is 2%. "Pregnant women are 15 times less likely to die from COVID than other women," said Pinna. There is a difference between the severity of symptoms, and intensive care hospitalization between men and women with COVID-19, with women being more resistant. It was thought that female hormones protected women, but it was difficult to ascertain why, said Pinna. "This observation in pregnant women provides significant scientific background, not only as to why women are more protected than men, but also why older people are less protected than younger people because we know the older you are, the more decreased your hormones are," said Pinna. Pinna's paper also discusses the importance of reproductive hormones in stimulating the production of antibodies and promoting lung cell repair after virus infection and fighting against the 'cytokine storm' -- an immune response where the body starts to attack its own cells and tissues rather than just fighting off the virus. "Progesterone and allopregnanolone can block the incredible overreaction of the inflammatory system, repressing it and avoiding the over-expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines," said Pinna.

ronin570

There’s older studies as well on the anti inflammatory effect on progesterone on the lung. I came across some while helping a family member recover from pneumonia. It might have just been Covid as they got the infection in Jan 2020 before the hype began.

J

jb116

There’s older studies as well on the anti inflammatory effect on progesterone on the lung. I came across some while helping a family member recover from pneumonia. It might have just been Covid as they got the infection in Jan 2020 before the hype began.
How would you know it's convid? What does that even mean?

mrchibbs

How would you know it's convid? What does that even mean?

It's as if all pneumonia, flu and other viruses have all disappeared. Any symptom is a sign of covid-19 to some people in my entourage I kid you not.

ronin570

It's as if all pneumonia, flu and other viruses have all disappeared. Any symptom is a sign of covid-19 to some people in my entourage I kid you not.
Nice projections m8 . Just because I mentioned the c word doesn’t mean anything beyond I inferred they might have gotten the same new infection that some people may or may not have gotten

J

jb116

Don’t project what u think I think on me just because I mentioned Covid . A bad virus. Barking up the wrong tree with me m8

Nice projections m8 . Just because I mentioned the c word doesn’t mean anything beyond I inferred they might have gotten the same new infection that some people may or may not have gotten
Ok m8. I see you like the word projections for some reason. Great.
But you see, you fail to understand that your explanation is precisely still begging the question. It's just a poor attempt at rewording the same garbage being regurgitated in the mainstream media. So yes. When you mention "the c word" and then state it only implies "the same new infection" it's the same thing as subscribing to the narrative that there is some novel, more virulent infection in 2020. Just a different syntax.

lvysaur

that there is some novel, more virulent infection in 2020.
There is though. This is empirically determinable.

What isn't determinable is that Coronavirus causes COVID. AIDS is real and COVID is real. The idea that HIV causes AIDS isn't true. Nor is the fact that COV2 causes COVID.

The media has already begun fraudulently referring to COV2 as "the virus that causes COVID". On the other side of the coin, people are still pretending that there is no illness going around.

What I think will happen is that the "contrarian for its own sake" crowd will slowly come to accept that there was a real illness going around, just like nobody in their right mind denies that AIDS, as a complex of symptoms that mainly affects gays, is fake. The contrarian crowd will slowly converge on the truth that COVID is real, but that the PCR tests are completely unreliable, and since all existence of the virus is based on the PCR tests, the virus may as well be fake. The mainstream will hold steadfast in their claim that PCR tests which have made positive diagnoses on tropical fruit tissue, are legitimate, as are the vaccines and therapies based on those PCR tests.

Last edited:

BrianF

When I had covid in March, I began to dose progesterone and exoerienced an improvement in symptoms for approx 2-3 hours after I took it.

I had been supplementing with MB for about a month before coming down with covid. I live in London and at thevtine travelled through the underground system daily to get to work and back, I felt it was inevitable i would be exposed to the virus sooner or later.

About 2 days into being ill from covid, i couldnt face MB, like my body was telling me it didnt want it anymore. Progesterone provided a mild relief and i continued with that.

I suspect that aspirin would also have helped but there was a scare story in the media around that time (which has now been debunked) that aspirin would worsen covid symptoms.

J

jb116

There is though. This is empirically determinable.

What isn't determinable is that Coronavirus causes COVID. AIDS is real and COVID is real. The idea that HIV causes AIDS isn't true. Nor is the fact that COV2 causes COVID.

The media has already begun fraudulently referring to COV2 as "the virus that causes COVID". On the other side of the coin, people are still pretending that there is no illness going around.

What I think will happen is that the "contrarian for its own sake" crowd will slowly come to accept that there was a real illness going around, just like nobody in their right mind denies that AIDS, as a complex of symptoms that mainly affects gays, is fake. The contrarian crowd will slowly converge on the truth that COVID is real, but that the PCR tests are completely unreliable, and since all existence of the virus is based on the PCR tests, the virus may as well be fake. The mainstream will hold steadfast in their claim that PCR tests which have made positive diagnoses on tropical fruit tissue, are legitimate, as are the vaccines and therapies based on those PCR tests.
I didn't say there is no illness. Every year there is illness. Every year people have some kind of seasonal illness and some have it severe. But there was no showstopper; there was nothing to indicate that society needed to shutdown. There is absolutely nothing indicating that this year either. When people make such assumptions, they are simply demonstrating they have been manipulated by the media since they are observing illness - as we should, because like I said, it's always been there - they are concluding through the mental note of hysteria, that there is something special happening. There is no empirical evidence there is a special virulent virus. Seven of the coronaviruses, including the so-called Sars-CoV-2 were all essentially, fraudulently examined and ultimately have never been proven. So no there isn't. What you are forgetting, like most of the public, is that there is an organism in the equation; the terrain. You are leaving that out. Whatever that is happening has very much to do with other factors, prior vaccines, environment, radiation, health and metabolic status. This line of thinking is being lost and I suppose it's par for the course as we enter a less scientific, less human, "colder," more linear style thinking, and overall more detached era.

mrchibbs

When I had covid in March, I began to dose progesterone and exoerienced an improvement in symptoms for approx 2-3 hours after I took it.

I had been supplementing with MB for about a month before coming down with covid. I live in London and at thevtine travelled through the underground system daily to get to work and back, I felt it was inevitable i would be exposed to the virus sooner or later.

About 2 days into being ill from covid, i couldnt face MB, like my body was telling me it didnt want it anymore. Progesterone provided a mild relief and i continued with that.

I suspect that aspirin would also have helped but there was a scare story in the media around that time (which has now been debunked) that aspirin would worsen covid symptoms.

My main health concern is weak lungs and respiratory issues. I too fell sick around march, and had severe difficulties breathing and other symptoms of extreme fatigue. Don't know what it was, it was probably made worse by the general panic and high stress of people around me in the early days of the madness.

I didn't have cyproheptadine or losartan, so I used famotidine, MB like you, and also cascara (emodin) and progesterone, basically all the things which are anti-inflammatory and inactivate RAAS, and help the lungs away from the inflammatory state.

It worked well, within 2-3 days I was back to normal.

mrchibbs

I didn't say there is no illness. Every year there is illness. Every year people have some kind of seasonal illness and some have it severe. But there was no showstopper; there was nothing to indicate that society needed to shutdown. There is absolutely nothing indicating that this year either. When people make such assumptions, they are simply demonstrating they have been manipulated by the media since they are observing illness - as we should, because like I said, it's always been there - they are concluding through the mental note of hysteria, that there is something special happening. There is no empirical evidence there is a special virulent virus. Seven of the coronaviruses, including the so-called Sars-CoV-2 were all essentially, fraudulently examined and ultimately have never been proven. So no there isn't. What you are forgetting, like most of the public, is that there is an organism in the equation; the terrain. You are leaving that out. Whatever that is happening has very much to do with other factors, prior vaccines, environment, radiation, health and metabolic status. This line of thinking is being lost and I suppose it's par for the course as we enter a less scientific, less human, "colder," more linear style thinking, and overall more detached era.

I share your perspective.

Coronaviruses have been part of our lives before 2020. I find it hard to believe this year is any worse.

I've kept an open mind, but everytime I look at real numbers, from different countries around the globe, it stares me right in the face. We have several examples of countries where there hasn't been any or maybe a marginal uptick in general mortality.

Moreover, countless pieces of evidence highlighting how covid-19 deaths aren't at all what they are portrayed to be.

People are ill, like they were in 2019, and 2018. Other viruses and chronic illnesses haven't mysteriously disappeared. Yet that's what the official numbers show in many places. It's pretty clear to me that the death numbers are fraudulent, and the actual ''cases'' are just a tiny fraction of the overwhelming numbers who could have tested ''positive'' and are completely asymptomatic.

As Ray said, healthy people don't bother getting sick from these viruses.

Vitamin D alone prevents the vast majority of mortality, as described in dozens of mainstream studies at this point. Yet we're still talking of vaccines. It's not a general conspiracy, but by making people afraid, compliance has been achieved throughout the world. Aside from selling a lot of vaccines, the end results is a decimated middle-class, a more top-heavy dominated economy and more control over people.

J

jb116

I share your perspective.

Coronaviruses have been part of our lives before 2020. I find it hard to believe this year is any worse.

I've kept an open mind, but everytime I look at real numbers, from different countries around the globe, it stares me right in the face. We have several examples of countries where there hasn't been any or maybe a marginal uptick in general mortality.

Moreover, countless pieces of evidence highlighting how covid-19 deaths aren't at all what they are portrayed to be.

People are ill, like they were in 2019, and 2018. Other viruses and chronic illnesses haven't mysteriously disappeared. Yet that's what the official numbers show in many places. It's pretty clear to me that the death numbers are fraudulent, and the actual ''cases'' are just a tiny fraction of the overwhelming numbers who could have tested ''positive'' and are completely asymptomatic.

As Ray said, healthy people don't bother getting sick from these viruses.

Vitamin D alone prevents the vast majority of mortality, as described in dozens of mainstream studies at this point. Yet we're still talking of vaccines. It's not a general conspiracy, but by making people afraid, compliance has been achieved throughout the world. Aside from selling a lot of vaccines, the end results is a decimated middle-class, a more top-heavy dominated economy and more control over people.
Yes, yes and yes.
I want to highlight that. That the public's perspective is a very predominant yet malleable factor in this all. People have had severe flu or colds all throughout their life but what was the difference then? No suggestive quality! "CONVID" is to mean suggestive quality if we are to understand what is primarily happening this year. Hypnotize a people and you can convince them of anything. For better or for worse. That convincing itself has its own reinforcing qualities. Again, for better or for worse.

By the way, nice work on pulling yourself out of being under the weather. Those substances mentioned are all great tools that I myself have used for people I know too.

mrchibbs

Yes, yes and yes.
I want to highlight that. That the public's perspective is a very predominant yet malleable factor in this all. People have had severe flu or colds all throughout their life but what was the difference then? No suggestive quality! "CONVID" is to mean suggestive quality if we are to understand what is primarily happening this year. Hypnotize a people and you can convince them of anything. For better or for worse. That convincing itself has its own reinforcing qualities. Again, for better or for worse.

By the way, nice work on pulling yourself out of being under the weather. Those substances mentioned are all great tools that I myself have used for people I know too.

Thanks! I do have more susceptibility to these lung-related issues than the average joe, so I did everything I thought was going to help. I'm sure a healthy person would only need to take some chicken soup, aspirin and a lot of sleep.

One thing is clear, is that people in general need to get healthier, that's a goal we need to strive toward.

Peater Pan

I used famotidine, MB like you, and also cascara (emodin) and progesterone, basically all the things which are anti-inflammatory and inactivate RAAS, and help the lungs away from the inflammatory state.

What sort of doses of these various substances?

mrchibbs

What sort of doses of these various substances?

Not sure how much famotidine, probably 20-40mg, 1/3 tsp of cascara dissolved in boiling water with juice, add 5-10 drops of methylene blue (for crisis situations), and 30-50mg of progesterone.

Mito

COVID-19 and Progesterone: Part 1.SARS-CoV-2, Progesterone and its potential clinical use​

Abstract​

SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2) infection is a global medical challenge. Experience based medicines and therapies are being attempted and vaccines are beingdeveloped. SARS-CoV-2 infection exhibits varied patterns of infection and clinical presentations with varied disease outcomes. These attributes are strongly suggestive of some variables that vary among individuals and that affect the course of SARS-CoV-2 infection and symptoms of COVID-19 (Corona Virus Disease of 2019). Sex hormones vary with ageing, between the sexes, among individuals and populations. Sex hormones are known to play a role in immunity and infections. Progesterone is a critical host factor to promote faster recovery following Influenza A virus infection. Anti-inflammatory effects of progesterone are noted. In part 1 of the current study the regulatory role of progesterone for SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 is analyzed. The role of progesterone at different stages of the SARS CoV-2 infection is investigated with respect to two types of immunity status: immune regulation and immune dysregulation.Progesterone could have various alleviating impacts from SARS-CoV-2 entry till recovery: reversing of hypoxia, stabilizing of blood pressure, controlling thrombosis, balancing electrolytes, reducing the viral load, regulation of immune responses, damage repair, and clearance of debris among others. The present research adds to the available evidence by providing a comprehensive and thorough evaluation ofthe regulatory role of progesterone in SARS COV-2 infection, COVID-19 pathogenesis, and immune dysregulation. The available evidence has implications for upcoming studies about pathophysiology of COVID-19, as well as the roles of progesterone and other hormones in other infectious diseases.

Last edited:

Mito

COVID–19 and Progesterone: Part 2. Unraveling High Severity, Immunity Patterns, Immunity grading, Progesterone and its potential clinical use​

Abstract​

Severely ill COVID–19(Corona Virus Disease of 2019) patients have a hyperinflammatory condition with a high concentration of pro-inflammatory cytokines termed the cytokine storm. This milieu is reported to cause acute lung injury, oxygen deprivation, multiorgan damage, critical illness, and often death. Post SARS–CoV–2(Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2) infection, the fight between the invading virus and the host's immune system would either terminate in recovery, with eradication of the infection and regulation of the immune system; or there would be a continuation of immune attacks even after the virus has been cleared, leading to immune dysregulation and disease. This outcome is chiefly dependent on two factors: (1) the patient's immune response, and (2) sufficiency plus efficiency of the regulator(s). Concerning the first, the present research introduces a framework based on different types of immune responses to COVID–19 along with known disease examples, and how this relates to varying clinical outcomes and treatment needs for COVID–19 patients. About the second factor of ‘regulator(s)’, part 1 of the manuscript described in depth the regulatory role of progesterone in COVID–19.The present study investigates the two immunity patterns and the status of the regulatory hormone progesterone with respect to the two established demographic risk factors for high-severity COVID–19: male sex, and old age. The study evaluates the status of progesterone as a credible participant of immune regulation and dysregulation. It duly relates the immunity patterns to clinical outcomes and evinces indications for clinical use of progesterone in COVID–19.It proposes a clear answer to the question: why are males and old patients most likely to have critical illness due to COVID–19? The study highlights clinical domains for the use of progesterone in COVID–19. Part 2 of this research introducing the concept of immunity patterns and immunity grading. These concepts herewith provided for the clinical course of COVID–19 also applies to other hyperinflammatory conditions. Possible clinical applications of progesterone to treat critically ill COVID–19 patients will open an avenue for hormonal treatments of infections and other immune-related diseases.

4. Conclusion​

To conclude, the presented research indicates that recognizing the patient's immunity pattern and progesterone status is important for COVID–19. High Th1 and low progesterone predict severe outcomes of COVID–19. The study proposes reasons for the higher severity and mortality in males and the elderly. One stage lesser escalation of Th1 combined with higher Th2 is the most likely reason for less severity and mortality in COVID–19 affected old women in comparison to old men. Younger women have the additional advantage of higher levels of the regulator progesterone, along with only one stage escalation of Th1 as compared to older women as well as aged and young men. Part 1 of this research finds that progesterone could favor recovery by interfereing with SARS–CoV–2 infection and COVID–19 pathophysiology at multiple steps. It could be an important remedy itself or as an adjuvant to other antiviral drugs and the symptoms-based treatment protocol. It could be beneficial in COVID–19 patients with pathophysiological indications of immune dysregulation, severe symptoms, and critical illness. It may even have application for vaccination of those with low humoral immunity, to help them raise their antibody titers. The immunity pattern concept maybe widely applicable for other diseases, once the specific pattern for a disease is established. Understanding of immunity grading could be of use to evaluate immunity status for other disease conditions. A short summary of the present work would be to consider IPPR (Immunity pattern and progesterone regulation) for COVID–19 patients and to check for presence of the other enlisted parameters affecting cell-mediated immunity and/or progesterone as an alarmfor the possibility of severe or critical illness. Further studies based on the clinical applications of the present research in medical practice would be insightful.

ddjd

Is ALLPREGNANOLONE the same as taking a pregnenolone supplement??