Progesterone Advice/stories Anyone?

OP
E

Emstar1892

Only HDL is marked high in the test you uploaded.

The LDL range is to <3, and I'm at 2.6. So you're saying that with top of range LDL and out of range high HDL I should still assume that I have low cholesterol? Im just interested in your view as I've never heard that before :)

Giraffe

The LDL range is to <3, and I'm at 2.6. So you're saying that with top of range LDL and out of range high HDL I should still assume that I have low cholesterol? Im just interested in your view as I've never heard that before :)
I looked at your total cholesterol. It is on the very low end of what Peat thinks is good, and I doubt that it is the optimal level for you. If you wanted to try thyroid supps it would be better to raise cholesterol levels a bit before starting thyroid.

See this post: My Hypothyroidism Journey

OP
E

Emstar1892

I looked at your total cholesterol. It is on the very low end of what Peat thinks is good, and I doubt that it is the optimal level for you. If you wanted to try thyroid supps it would be better to raise cholesterol levels a bit before starting thyroid.

See this post: My Hypothyroidism Journey

Cool, I will have a read this afternoon :D thanks, Giraffe

OP
E

Emstar1892

Cool, I will have a read this afternoon :D thanks, Giraffe

Sorry, one more thing, would you speculate that my chronic over-production of cortisol over the last few years may have robbed my body of total cholesterol over time?

Giraffe

Sorry, one more thing, would you speculate that my chronic over-production of cortisol over the last few years may have robbed my body of total cholesterol over time?
I think that constantly elevated cortisol levels rob the liver of its ability to store glycogen. With lower glycogen stores you need more frequent feedings if you don't want to rely on cortisol to keep your blood sugar stable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals