Progesterone Advice/stories Anyone?

Emstar1892

Hey!

Any good brands for progesterone creams you'd recommend? Any success/failure stories welcome too.

Also, am I right that it's not legal in the UK?! :0

M

marikay

Hi. I don't use a cream. I used ProgestE for several years and now I am using True Progesterone (from @healthnatura) because it was cheaper and I was buying something else from the store anyway so I saved on shipping. I'm a huge fan of this stuff but I don't know about the laws in the UK.

honeybee

Hi. I don't use a cream. I used ProgestE for several years and now I am using True Progesterone (from @healthnatura) because it was cheaper and I was buying something else from the store anyway so I saved on shipping. I'm a huge fan of this stuff but I don't know about the laws in the UK.
Which one are you using the oil base or alcohol base?

M

marikay

sorry bout that..I use the oil base which is the most similar to ProgestE

tara

I've only used progest-e so far, but the other similar formulations seem to have worked well for others, too. I am persuaded to use it on the gums because Peat says this is good for quick absorption.
I've read elsewhere that one of the troubles with topical creams is that some of it usually stays in the local fat tissue, and can be released in a way you have not active control over for some time after. I would expect this to make it harder to figurer out appropriate dosing, and also means you can't stop it quickly if want to.

In general, I think it has been helpful.

The only negatives I've had were:
- Nausea once when I took it on an empty stomach - I think I swallowed a little and the viscosity bothered my stomach.
- Sometimes a slightly scratchy throat if I accidentally swallow a little, rather than have it all absorb in moth - again, I put this down to straight viscosity.
- Once when I took a high dose to try to stop a migraine that was already underway, I got so lethargic it was hard to move for a while (didn't stop the migraine).
None of these negatives were long-lasting.

I would recommend:
- Using progesterone in a vitamin E solution similar to Peat's patent
- Applying to gums at least while learning how it affects you, so you can assess dosage. There may be a case for using some topically for particular local issues, but if you tryi it on the gums first, you'll have more idea of systemic effects.
- Trying the guidelines posted for dosing
- Making sure you have adequate nutrition before starting -if it successfully improves metabolism, you will likely need more.
- What ever dosing schedule you come to, keep dosing pretty stable - either 2 weeks on 2weeks off, or continuous if symptoms justify. I think sudden drops can trigger menstruation, and it's nice if that's not too random.

marteagal

Hey!

Any good brands for progesterone creams you'd recommend? Any success/failure stories welcome too.

Also, am I right that it's not legal in the UK?! :0

Because I couldn't find a German website selling Progest-E, I "imported" it twice from the UK (functionalnutritionsupplements.co.uk), so it would have never occurred to me that buying progesterone might be illegal when living in the UK.

But like you have suggested, this site confirms that it's illegal to get progesterone without prescription by a doctor in the UK. But it also says:
"If you choose not to consult a doctor at all you can legally import progesterone creams from outside the UK, provided they are solely for your own use. However it is illegal to supply any product containing progesterone to anyone else in the UK without a prescription. You will find a number of websites offering progesterone from America."

Could that be a solution for you (besides not being a cream)?

marsaday

I am in the uk and as far as i know we can buy loads of progesterone creams here. I buy the protest oil from a company in sheffield.

Also males can and should use progesterone. We just need to use a lot less than a woman. I use about 6-9mg per day (2 or 3 drops of progestE).

The progesterone really helps my adrenal function and it boosted testosterone (not that i was trying to do this, but i had blood tests done after i started using it).

marteagal

I am in the uk and as far as i know we can buy loads of progesterone creams here.

Thank you. Then there seems to be misinformation even when it comes to such innocent things like whether or not a supplement can be legally obtained. :(

I buy the protest oil from a company in sheffield.
The owner of the website mentioned above is located in Sheffield ... maybe the same company?

OP
E

Emstar1892

Also a lot changes in a month - since this thread I've had my progesterone tested. Came out 2.0 and should have been 6-80. Have had a progesterone cream compounded which I'm now on.

Thanks for feedback though guys :D

Vida

Also a lot changes in a month - since this thread I've had my progesterone tested. Came out 2.0 and should have been 6-80. Have had a progesterone cream compounded which I'm now on.

Thanks for feedback though guys :D[/QUOTE

Thanks for feedback though guys :D
Just curious, on what day in you're menstrual cycle did you take the test ?

Giraffe

Where are you seeing such values? I've never had low cholesterol?
Your lab test says 4.3 mmol/l. The converter says 4.3 mmol/l = 166 mg/dl.

Mainstream medicine sees this as an optimal level, especially in a person of your age. In healthy young people a level like yours would be expected, it's the result of good metabolism, but healthy people neither have low thyroid function, nor "weak adrenals" nor blood sugar issues.Their adrenals convert cholesterol into progesterone and other hormones. If there is very little cholesterol to start with, there is not much the adrenals can do.

Last edited:
OP
E

Emstar1892

Your lab test says 4.3 mmol/l. The converter says 4.3 mmol/l = 166 mg/dl.

Mainstream medicine sees this as an optimal level, especially in a person of your age. In healthy young people a level like yours would be expected, it's the result of good metabolism, but healthy people neither have low thyroid function, nor "weak adrenals" nor blood sugar issues.Their adrenals convert cholesterol into progesterone and other hormones. If there is very little cholesterol to start with, there is not much the adrenals can do.

Thanks, its just that the marker says high beside the reading, and high cholesterol is a common feature of hypothyroid, so I'd be really susprised if my high should actually be interpreted as low.

Anyway yes, I'm very aware that I'm not healthy :p sad times. If only I had the answer!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals