Progesteone High Dose And Prolactine . Raising

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Just focusing on progesterone and sex hormones may be just putting a band aid on the problem.
Yes. I know. I have to deal with the totality. But I have tried daily and it has been very difficult to repair the thyroid. I keep trying. But the temperature is always low [36.1 C]. The t3 I find here in my coutry is not reliable. I already use NDT [natural dessicated thyroid], but I do not find reliable t3 here to use throughout the day. And as I urgently need to stop the stricture of the urethra, then I continue using progesterone and increasing the dose [I have also heard - as you said - that if the dose of progesterone is low, the effects of estrogenization are increased].

alywest

"So many of aspirin's effects oppose those of estrogen, it would be tempting to suggest that its "basic action" is the suppression of estrogen. But I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways." Ray Peat, Aspirin, brain and cancer

I really thing you should be taking a high dose of aspirin (the kind they give to animals without any additives if possible) to also help with counteracting the estrogen. Just piling on progesterone isn't the only way to defeat the estrogen overload. Also, aspirin is anti inflammatory.

alywest

"The recognized anti-metastatic effect of aspirin, and its ability to inhibit the development of new blood vessels that would support the tumor's growth, make it an appropriate drug to use for pain control, even if it doesn't shrink the tumor. In studies of many kinds of tumor, though, it does cause regression, or at least slows tumor growth. And it protects against many of the systemic consequences of cancer, including wasting (cachexia), immunosuppression, and strokes.

Opiates are the standard medical prescription for pain control in cancer, but they are usually prescribed in inadequate quantities, "to prevent addiction." Biologically, they are the most inappropriate means of pain control, since they increase the release of histamine, which synergizes with the tumor-derived factors to suppress immunity and stimulate tumor growth." Ray Peat, Aspirin, brain, and cancer

sele

Using 200 mg of progesterone daily, for one week, I did not expect prolactin to rise; after all prolactine indicates estrogenization. Can anyone explain this contradiction?
Have you tested your PTH?
High PTH can cause high prolactin also.

sele

My PTH is 40 [15-65]; Perhaps not too high to explain prolactine/estrogenization?
PTH is a pituitary hormone and should be kept as low as possible. This looks pretty high.

"...you might not be getting enough calcium in relation to phosphate, and elevated PTH can cause generalized inflammation." - Ray Peat

When you take progesterone most of the calcium in the blood is absorbed by the bones and not much is left for other metabolic activities. I think this may be seen as a calcium deficiency, which might raise PTH --> prolactin.
I doubt it can raise estrogen because progesterone is a very strong aromatase inhibitor.
I take around 2000 mg of calcium when I'm using progesterone.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

This suggestion is based on your prostate issue.
"Diindolylmethane might act like estrogen, so there is some concern that it might make hormone-sensitive conditions worse. However, developing research also suggests that diindolylmethane might work against estrogen and could possibly be protective against hormone-dependent cancers. But stay on the safe side. Until more is known, don’t use diindolylmethane if you have a hormone-sensitive condition" [Vitamins & Supplements Center – Nutritional, Herbal, Dietary, and More - WebMD]
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! Really.

HLP

One whole medium sized eggshell makes about one teaspoon of powder, which yields about 750 – 800 mgs of elemental calcium plus other microelements, i.e. magnesium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, sulphur, silicon, zinc, etc. There are 27 elements in total. The composition of an eggshell is very similar to that of our bones and teeth.

Elemental Amount: Eggshells contain calcium carbonate, and approximately 40% of it is absorbable. The amount absorbed is called the elemental amount.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

One whole medium sized eggshell makes about one teaspoon of powder, which yields about 750 – 800 mgs of elemental calcium plus other microelements, i.e. magnesium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, sulphur, silicon, zinc, etc. There are 27 elements in total. The composition of an eggshell is very similar to that of our bones and teeth.

Elemental Amount: Eggshells contain calcium carbonate, and approximately 40% of it is absorbable. The amount absorbed is called the elemental amount.
Very good!!!

Giraffe

Really? I have not thought about it. Perhaps I can use ground egg shell? And how much egg shell should I use to achieve 2 g of calcium?

HD: 1000 to 1200. And if you have a 1/4 teaspoon of finely ground eggshell powder, you take that three times a day with your meals, so that your acid level is adequate, that‘s providing around 2000mg of calcium. And that 1/4 teaspoon is smaller than most calcium pills you saw.

HD2: So one quart of milk has about 1,200 mg of calcium, right?
RP: Yeah. And then a whole eggshell is maybe 2,000 mg. And that is calcium carbonate, but the absorption of the calcium in milk is greatly improved by the presence of lactose in the milk. [...]

Peat mentioned other dietary factors that influence PTH. I listed them here.

Drareg

I'm reading through Peats article because a gentleman I know has a PSA of 683 and they are recommending protap injections,chemical name Leuprorelin- Leuprorelin - Wikipedia
Side effects are bad,this man presented with low sodium,suspected pneumonia,possible chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder and now prostate cancer.
Incidentally he started fish oils supplementation 4 months ago,aged 74.

Peat quotes on vitamin A for prostate along with progesterone and thyroid-

"The antagonism between estrogen and vitamin A in controlling epithelial proliferation (and possibly other cell types: Boettger-Tong and Stancel, 1995) is clear wherever it has been tested; vitamin A restrains epithelial proliferation. (Wherever estrogen is a factor in the development of abnormal tissue, vitamin A supplementation would seem beneficial.)"

"Thyroid supplementation, adequate animal protein, trace minerals, and vitamin A are the first things to consider in the prevention of prostate hypertrophy and cancer. Nutritional and endocrine support can be combined with rational anticancer treatments, since there is really no sharp line between different approaches that are aimed at achieving endocrine and immunological balance, without harming anything".

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/prostate-cancer.shtml

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Thyroid supplementation, adequate animal protein, trace minerals, and vitamin A are the first things to consider in the prevention of prostate hypertrophy and cancer.
Yes. You´are correct. But my problem is no more prevention. I have a tumor strangling my urinary flow now. I use vitamin A [yolk, liver]. But I cannot find something to alleviate that strangling, even using progesterone 200 mg/day etc, the flow is low. And surgery is a bad option.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals