Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

Emily Cahill

Emily I have low levels of cortisol and use Thyroid hormone - a compounded T4 taken at 6am then at 7:30 am I take my synthetic T3 by Paddock. At lunch time I take more T3 and T4 again at 5pm. due to porcine alergy in Meds like Armour, Nature Throid etc I am not able to use them. I experience restless legs also around 3 or 4 am. I then chew about a quarter of my 5mcg of T3 and within a few minutes my body calms down. I keep quarters of 5mcg T3 next to my bed and take it with water - if needed. Have you thought of trying T3 for that. I want to try Progesterone but see that it also lowers cortisol and worry about that. Zinc, magnesium, taurine, DHEA, progesterone and a host of other meds all lower cortisol and intensifies my restless legs. I can use topical magnesium as that also seems to help. When i feel the tingling at the start of the restless legs. I do the topical magnesium, take T3 and take a tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses - sulfate free. I also find it helps me when I go to bed at 10 pm to drink a glass of warmed macadamia milk mixed with a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses.
I’ve been under the impression I had high cortisol and have been doing my best to decrease. I seem to find a relationship between high seratonin and restless legs. But unaware why progesterone is causing this. Is it increasing my metabolism and I do need more energy?

alywest

+1 - Excellent advise here!:D

You might also consider using Taurine + OJ to keep your blood sugar stable by increasing your glycogen stores.

My general rule is if I wake up during the night, then I must eat/drink something (Milk + sugar, Gelatin + OJ, Taurine + OJ). Even when I first started doing this, if I drank 1 cup of milk + 3T sugar, even if I didn't feel even slightly hungry, it would put me back to sleep quickly. It's not convenient, but it works.

Here's a recipe that is great before bed (re-post):

Thank you and thanks for sharing this video, too! That seems like a great idea and I was even thinking about making some of the mixture into popsicles for my kids as they looooove popsicles.

Elize

Thanks soooo much.
Oh my word - could it mean that it is high cortisol at 3 or 4 am rather than low? But when I use anything that lowers cortisol I feel awful for days. Why I only use the thyroid meds.

Gosh milk and orange juice are both problems for me. Taurine makes me pee nearly every 10 minutes, causes severe body aches and headaches. I tried it a number of times and have the same problem. I dropped it after that. Dairy and orange guice I have not used for over 15 years as it causes me gut problems. I use Macadamia milk, would that be ok? Could I use gelatin and apple juice instead of orange juice to make the recipe in the video?

alywest

Thanks soooo much.
Oh my word - could it mean that it is high cortisol at 3 or 4 am rather than low? But when I use anything that lowers cortisol I feel awful for days. Why I only use the thyroid meds.

Gosh milk and orange juice are both problems for me. Taurine makes me pee nearly every 10 minutes, causes severe body aches and headaches. I tried it a number of times and have the same problem. I dropped it after that. Dairy and orange guice I have not used for over 15 years as it causes me gut problems. I use Macadamia milk, would that be ok? Could I use gelatin and apple juice instead of orange juice to make the recipe in the video?

I have heard tart cherry juice is the next best thing to orange juice and I'm sure that it would work for the gelatin recipe @theLaw posted.

Progesterone

Emily I have low levels of cortisol and use Thyroid hormone - a compounded T4 taken at 6am then at 7:30 am I take my synthetic T3 by Paddock. At lunch time I take more T3 and T4 again at 5pm. due to porcine alergy in Meds like Armour, Nature Throid etc I am not able to use them. I experience restless legs also around 3 or 4 am. I then chew about a quarter of my 5mcg of T3 and within a few minutes my body calms down. I keep quarters of 5mcg T3 next to my bed and take it with water - if needed. Have you thought of trying T3 for that. I want to try Progesterone but see that it also lowers cortisol and worry about that. Zinc, magnesium, taurine, DHEA, progesterone and a host of other meds all lower cortisol and intensifies my restless legs. I can use topical magnesium as that also seems to help. When i feel the tingling at the start of the restless legs. I do the topical magnesium, take T3 and take a tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses - sulfate free. I also find it helps me when I go to bed at 10 pm to drink a glass of warmed macadamia milk mixed with a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses.

Progesterone doesn't lower cortisol.. it will increase it (if you take thyroid especially, and use it for fuel)

Progesterone

This was information relayed to me from the great gbolduev. I feel it can help you, so I am sharing:

"I hope you understand. Thyroid needs cortisol to be present to work. just think about thyroid as fire and cortisol as wood. if there is no wood. you have rt3. no fire.

Progesterone converts into cortisol. Body knows that wow now I have extra cortisol. and thus it allows your t4 to convert into t3. and not rt3.

Same exact thing would happen if you took t3 with cortisol.

that is why if you take tyromix with progesterone you will be fine. But if you take tyromix alone with your CLOSED THYROID CONDITION. Your body will convert all t4 into RT3"

Dhair

This was information relayed to me from the great gbolduev. I feel it can help you, so I am sharing:

"I hope you understand. Thyroid needs cortisol to be present to work. just think about thyroid as fire and cortisol as wood. if there is no wood. you have rt3. no fire.

Progesterone converts into cortisol. Body knows that wow now I have extra cortisol. and thus it allows your t4 to convert into t3. and not rt3.

Same exact thing would happen if you took t3 with cortisol.

that is why if you take tyromix with progesterone you will be fine. But if you take tyromix alone with your CLOSED THYROID CONDITION. Your body will convert all t4 into RT3"
Literally nothing that he says about either thyroid or progesterone is correct. I really tried with him, but I have had enough of this nonsense. He cannot support these claims with ANY evidence whatsoever. He says things that may initially sound correct and then he concocts a completely imaginary physiological mechanism to justify his theory, which can lead people down a dangerous path. Take it to hackstasis.

Progesterone

Literally nothing that he says about either thyroid or progesterone is correct. I really tried with him, but I have had enough of this nonsense. He cannot support these claims with ANY evidence whatsoever. He says things that may initially sound correct and then he concocts a completely imaginary physiological mechanism to justify his theory, which can lead people down a dangerous path. Take it to hackstasis.

It's true that progesterone is important for Thyroid function.

Dhair

It's true that progesterone is important for Thyroid function.
Yes, but it DOES NOT directly convert into cortisol unless you have Cushings. It stimulates the conversion of T4 to T3, but cortisol has nothing to do with it.

Elize

Thanks so much Dhair. I have high R T3. May help me to clear that.

Progesterone

Thanks so much Dhair. I have high R T3. May help me to clear that.

I use the progesterone from Health Natura called Simply Progesterone, FYI.

Progestene should be good too but I believe the HealthNatura one is more cost efficient, not 100% sure.. you'd have to look into it further..

Elize, please keep us updated how you do with adding in the progesterone.

:)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

do you know if glycine can enhance the effects of progesterone and is there a synergy with it ?

Both progesterone and glycine act on the so-called glycine receptors as agonists. Both progesterone and glycine open the chloride channels and potentiate GABA activity. Both progesterone and glycine oppose serotonin and estrogen. So, yes, they synergize quite a bit.

Elize

Greetings to all and best wishes for 2018.
According to the Dutch adrenal test I have low levels of morning cortisol and high at night.
I had some progestE and tried to use if to a second time

Like before it caused me a severe adrenal crash. I become very jittery, anxious and seem to have and estrogen rush - all the veins on my hands and arms pop up. Feeling awful and just decided to stop it all together. I have upped my calorie intake from 1500 per day to more than 2000 adding the Potato soup, more fats etc.
Seems as if I should first focus on fixing my thyroid just through food as supplements seem to cause more issues. Main reason I decided to just use food and thyroid meds
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Progesterone

Greetings to all and best wishes for 2018.
According to the Dutch adrenal test I have low levels of morning cortisol and high at night.
I had some progestE and tried to use if to a second time

Like before it caused me a severe adrenal crash. I become very jittery, anxious and seem to have and estrogen rush - all the veins on my hands and arms pop up. Feeling awful and just decided to stop it all together. I have upped my calorie intake from 1500 per day to more than 2000 adding the Potato soup, more fats etc.
Seems as if I should first focus on fixing my thyroid just through food as supplements seem to cause more issues. Main reason I decided to just use food and thyroid meds
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

This is from adding a bit of progesterone?

:eek:

Elize

Oop sorry no the adrenal test was prior to adding the progesterone. I am told that Progesterone lowered my cortisol even further and due to having low cortisol most of the day bar at night it will convert to Estrogen.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have recently started dosing 12 drops of progestene at night (second time started after one cycle) started dosing after ovulation. First three nights I slept very solidly but now, as before, I am waking at exactly 3.30am with intense restless legs (full body sensation) it feels like a mild electric current is running through me. Similar to panic attack but breathing and heart rate are fine and I don’t feel anxious. Just wide awake.

It’s resulting in tiredness during the day as well. Do I just need a snack next to the bed? Or is something else at play?

Some people have reported adrenaline issues with progesterone. It is known to lower sodium as it opposes aldosterone. So, having a saltier meal before bed may help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals