Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

Obi-wan

My thoughts it only works if it is made in a pharmaceutical lab hence USP. I use both Natpro and Progestine. Per Wray Whyte the so called yam extracts that claim to be bio-identical do not work. I question Progest-E since I think it was reformulated. Natpro allows me to take 50 mgs at once and it works!

L

lollipop

My thoughts it only works if it is made in a pharmaceutical lab hence USP. I use both Natpro and Progestine. Per Wray Whyte the so called yam extracts that claim to be bio-identical do not work. I question Progest-E since I think it was reformulated. Natpro allows me to take 50 mgs at once and it works!
Progest-e is USP.

Obi-wan

Hi Lisa,

I did not see USP on the ingredient list so I questioned it

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought almost all natural progesterones were derived from yam/plants ? Does it all have to do with potency......or usp guarantee......?

Not all but most. Our progesterone is synthetic, at least according to the manufacturer.

Obi-wan

I trust both Progestene and Natpro. I use Progestene with a little Tocovit sublingually (8 drops Progestene plus 1 drop Tocovit) and use the Natpro dispenser which will give you 50 mgs per pump. Being a man I had to start out slow with approx. 15 mgs of Progestene at a time and build up from there. In the beginning it would cause tired and flu like symptoms. I had to supplement with T3 for energy and Mag. Chloride due to cramping of the muscles. I have taken up to 800 mgs in a day spread out throughout the day. Working on an advanced prostate issue...

Obi-wan

My feedback that it is working is instant CO2 breathing with Progestene. Same with Natpro but more delayed

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I trust both Progestene and Natpro. I use Progestene with a little Tocovit sublingually (8 drops Progestene plus 1 drop Tocovit) and use the Natpro dispenser which will give you 50 mgs per pump. Being a man I had to start out slow with approx. 15 mgs of Progestene at a time and build up from there. In the beginning it would cause tired and flu like symptoms. I had to supplement with T3 for energy and Mag. Chloride due to cramping of the muscles. I have taken up to 800 mgs in a day spread out throughout the day. Working on an advanced prostate issue...

Interesting, I had the same experience with progesterone initially when I was first trying it. I guess it shows that we have a deficiency in it as even a small dose would give me fever and flu symptoms. But after a few days that dissipated and now I can take hundreds of mgs like you and I get only positive effects like better mood and more energy.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My feedback that it is working is instant CO2 breathing with Progestene. Same with Natpro but more delayed

Another match with my experience. Have you tried it with androsterone? I get even better results when combining probably because both are very pro-thyroid.

Obi-wan

Hi Haidut,

Interesting I was just reading through the Androsterone posts and would like to try it. My concern is taking it now with my current disease. I did start taking PanSterone (4 drops per day). My current symptoms are bone pain in my shoulders (starts after 5pm) and an enlarged Prostate. The prostate has been shrinking slowly. I am doing MB, K2, D3, Energin, Gonadin, Niacinamide, Aspirin, Extra B1, 1 drop of T3. By the way Haidut, I am a huge fan of yours. Thank you for all the info that you provide! Working on fixing oxidative metabolism and electronic transport chain along with Progesterone pulling the Estrogen out of the tissues. I actually search for all of your posts and suck up your info like a sponge!!! You da man!

Obi-wan

Another side effect of high Progesterone use is constant peeing! I am thinking the bubbles are the exiting of stress hormones...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut,

Interesting I was just reading through the Androsterone posts and would like to try it. My concern is taking it now with my current disease. I did start taking PanSterone (4 drops per day). My current symptoms are bone pain in my shoulders (starts after 5pm) and an enlarged Prostate. The prostate has been shrinking slowly. I am doing MB, K2, D3, Energin, Gonadin, Niacinamide, Aspirin, Extra B1, 1 drop of T3. By the way Haidut, I am a huge fan of yours. Thank you for all the info that you provide! Working on fixing oxidative metabolism and electronic transport chain along with Progesterone pulling the Estrogen out of the tissues. I actually search for all of your posts and suck up your info like a sponge!!! You da man!

Thanks for the nice words! Music to my ears!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Another side effect of high Progesterone use is constant peeing! I am thinking the bubbles are the exiting of stress hormones...

Progesterone is an aldosterone antagonist, so it may act like a diuretic.

Waynish

Would like to know ASAP if anyone has used this as a contraceptive. If so how much - and at what timings? Would 6 days out work? All this research and it isn't obvious whether progesterone can be used as a "plan B" at any dosage...

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Hi Haidut,

:thumbsup:

tomisonbottom

I forgot about glycine; I'll try both, thanks for the response.

Massive doses of progesterone (600 mg) almost knocked me out in class, but these would probably knock out everything male as well.
Wow that's a lot. Was that with progestene or another type?

tomisonbottom

I have an old surgical scar from 2006 that had been numb for about 10 years until I used progestene. One day I rubbed about 5 drops near the scar and was doing some meditation when I noticed I had full feeling back. I wanted to wait a few months to make sure it was permanent and now 6 or 8 months later I still have full sensation. It happened from just the one application because normally I would use it orally. Before that day the scar would pain me periodically and now I have no pain whatsoever and it feels like every other area of my body.

that's amazing. Can I ask how big the scar was?

Would like to try on one of mine but wondering how much 5 drops covered

tomisonbottom

Just looked up Progest-E. States it is made with yam extract??? Looks like Progestene is the real deal USP without other crap ingredients!! Thank you @haidut!

Can you clarify what you are referring to? Because at long natural health: Progest-E Instructions they make a clear distinction between bio-identical progesterone and wild yam.

"Warning: Progesterone and Wild Yam (Dioscorea) are not the same. Do not confuse progesterone with unaltered wild yam (dioscorea). The human body cannot convert wild yam to progesterone. The body makes progesterone only from cholesterol. The conversion of wild yam to natural progesterone must be done in a chemical factory. So all "progesterone" products labeled "wild yam" (underived) are bogus. Unaltered wild yam, in sufficient amounts, is toxic. Dr. Peat's Progest E Complex contains Natural progesterone derived from wild yam 3 mg per drop."

I think maybe you're thinking that "Wild Yam", and "Biodentical progesterone derived from wild yam" are the same, but it appears they're 2 different things. Can you please give me a reference to the idea that there are "Crap" ingredients in it?
Thanks!

@haidut
Curious about the progest-E issue; do you know if it's been effective in your experience........as in, do you know of anyone who did blood work and verified the current formulation of progest-E raises blood levels? Wondering because I gave some to my mother in law and she didn't have a great experience, but now I know she might have needed to take a higher starting dose.

And follow up question: I know when it comes to estrogen blood levels aren't that helpful for accessing progress but you said taking progestene raised your progesterone levels, so it sounds like you think there's value in progesterone blood testing even if doesn't tell you what's in the tissues?

Obi-wan

IMO progesterone needs to be made in a pharmaceutical lab (chemical factory) to be beneficial. So as long as Progest-E is made in a pharmaceutical environment it should work. I was told their web site indicates this (@lisaferraro ). I was only going by the label and did not see USP.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals