Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

DaveFoster

Nice, glad to hear it had this effect.
I think Pansterone applied in doses of just a few drops is OK, but in the long run it may make the scrotum skin drier, just as it does with other skin spots where it is applied topically for days at a time. So, switching between the scrotum and the pelvic area we discussed in the other thread may be a good way to avoid consistent dryness of any skin regions.
I was more concerned about testicular shrinkage, but I guess not. Thanks for the info.

tara

Massive doses of progesterone (600 mg) almost knocked me out in class, but these would probably knock out everything male as well.
You know how you said a few months ago that you were changing your ways and would give up the extreme experimentation ... did you want us to remind you of that if you forgot? :lol:

DaveFoster

You know how you said a few months ago that you were changing your ways and would give up the extreme experimentation ... did you want us to remind you of that if you forgot? :lol:
That was back last November. 6 mg is good now.

tara

I'd like to try using this topically on my scalp against hair loss (I'm male). Are there any apparent problems with that?

Would I need to make sure my scalp is clean so that the DMSO doesn't pull in any other crap along with it before applying?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'd like to try using this topically on my scalp against hair loss (I'm male). Are there any apparent problems with that?

Would I need to make sure my scalp is clean so that the DMSO doesn't pull in any other crap along with it before applying?

I don't see an issue with trying. You can clean the scalp but it would be more for improving absorption than preventing other crap from entering. Most things that accumulate on the skin have too large of molecular mass to be absorbed through the skin.

MOUNTAINBEAR

Males, what has your experience and dosage with topical progestene been like? Particularly estrogen and libido.
Thank you in advance
I put 10mg on my wrists. About 30 minutes later I get extremely sleepy. Sleep is fantastic. Libido is increased but in a different manner than the other supplements. It's a very powerful sedatif. Love it

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I put 10mg on my wrists. About 30 minutes later I get extremely sleepy. Sleep is fantastic. Libido is increased but in a different manner than the other supplements. It's a very powerful sedatif. Love it

Excellent, thanks for reporting!

Stevie

Would it be sensible to begin Progestene with the initial high dose protocol suggested for Progest-e (given that I've not supplemented progesterone before). Nobody on this thread so far has mentioned doing so with Progestene.

Constatine

Would it be sensible to begin Progestene with the initial high dose protocol suggested for Progest-e (given that I've not supplemented progesterone before). Nobody on this thread so far has mentioned doing so with Progestene.
My guess is that Progestene would be a lot more powerful than Progest-e since it is dissolved in a DMSO solution. But you should really play with the dose and see what feels best. Maybe start off with a smaller dose though.

Stevie

Thank you Constatine.
In this thread they advised starting with a large dose, 3 drops 5 x day for 10 days then taper down over weeks to avoid weight gain.
I'm wondering what the equivalent of this high dose would be using Progestene.

Progesterone Works Wonders But It's Causing Weight Gain?

Stevie

Thank you Constatine.
In this thread they advised starting with a large dose, 3 drops 5 x day for 10 days then taper down over weeks to avoid weight gain.

Or perhaps 5a-DHP may be a better choice for an anxious beginner:-/

TubZy

Thank you Constatine.

Combine it with DHEA. Progesterone blocks/lowers estrogen but can be anti androgenic at higher doses. Use 5mg DHEA or more (no more than 15mg daily) with the progesterone. That should direct the the DHEA more towards the DHT route since progesterone is taking care of the estrogen route. It will help counter any anti androgenic effect of progesterone. I'm sure you know the benefits of increased DHT, slimmer waist, fat loss, lower cortisol, less water retention etc.

Wagner83

That should direct the the DHEA more towards the DHT route since progesterone is taking care of the estrogen route.
Have you noticed this from first hand experience? I did not like the little dhea(+preg) I used.

TubZy

Have you noticed this from first hand experience? I did not like the little dhea(+preg) I used.

I had the same issue, I couldn't handle DHEA either when I added it with preg, but I have a bigger issue which is my thyroid is still not fully recovered yet and can't handle the strong cortisol antagonism from DHEA. I talk about this in the "post finasteride" thread recently, but when I take DHEA in combo with thyroid surrogates (aspirin + caffeine) DHEA doesn't bother me or make my cortisol drop/feel worse, I actually feel better and notice a DHT like effect. So I assume the surrogates are keeping cortisol up along with the other pathways and not letting it drop too low.

Stevie

Combine it with DHEA. Progesterone blocks/lowers estrogen but can be anti androgenic at higher doses. Use 5mg DHEA or more (no more than 15mg daily) with the progesterone. That should direct the the DHEA more towards the DHT route since progesterone is taking care of the estrogen route. It will help counter any anti androgenic effect of progesterone. I'm sure you know the benefits of increased DHT, slimmer waist, fat loss, lower cortisol, less water retention etc.

Thank you TubZy.
Wouldn't Haiduts 5a-DHP supplement do exactly that?

Rtm320

Hi all out there, I just dosed 10mg on my forearm and got a nasty skin reaction--super tight, stingy feeling with small raised bumps.
I'm assuming this is from the DMSO? Although I've used other supplements and haven't had any issue but perhaps it's due to the larger dose. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi all out there, I just dosed 10mg on my forearm and got a nasty skin reaction--super tight, stingy feeling with small raised bumps.
I'm assuming this is from the DMSO? Although I've used other supplements and haven't had any issue but perhaps it's due to the larger dose. Has anyone else experienced this?

So, you used how many drops? The suggested dose is 4 drops, so I am assuming you used 8-10 drops? That is very likely too much, as even the 4 drops dose may be more than you need due to the amplification of steroid effects by DMSO. I would use 2 drops on each arm and if that feels like too much stimulation then use 1 drop on each arm.

johnwester130

My second run with this supplement :

Taking it with k2/gelatine prevents the bleeding associated with massive progesterone

My ability to wake up and not feel exhausted throughout the day has gone up considerably. I had almost no morning fatigue

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals