Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

equipoise

I'm gonna start out with Progestene daily. Think I'm gonna do no more than 5mg at first. Spaced out am pm.

Epistrophy

Wondering if anyone has some answers for me. The past few weeks I was having sleep issues and decided to take 15mg progesterone and the first night woke up feeling refreshed almost like my nervous system got "reset". I have been on and off taking 15mg as needed, I am a 32 yr old male. I am curious as to why this dose is not giving me symptoms that most males say they get on progesterone? Thanks

equipoise

Wondering if anyone has some answers for me. The past few weeks I was having sleep issues and decided to take 15mg progesterone and the first night woke up feeling refreshed almost like my nervous system got "reset". I have been on and off taking 15mg as needed, I am a 32 yr old male. I am curious as to why this dose is not giving me symptoms that most males say they get on progesterone? Thanks

Whats your bodyfat %?

JacquelineNZ

Because the comparison that ultimately matters is the amount of progesterone you absorb, not how much you are buying, right? Btw, some people on the forum take Progestene orally so I thought the comparison is somewhat valid.
The topical products on the market are mostly junk and this is the reason doctors only prescribe oral micronized progesterone or vaginal/rectal suppositories. If there was a comparable topical product I would be using it as a baseline.
The reason I don't compare Progestene to Ray's product is that I don't want this to turn into an argument who has the better topical product. I encourage people to try both and stick with the one that makes them feel better. If that means less sales for me and more for Ray then I have no problem with that. The man deserves it.
I have the ProgestE and also the CortiNon, I feel amazing within minutes of pitting on CortiNon and my energy has been low (have underactive thyroid and burnout adrenals after 8mnths carnivore a year ago & teying to get health back) have major insomnia and dysbiosis of gut - overloaded liver etc, no digestion and hunger, now during day I feel like new person on CortiNon but after doing a loading fir a few says with ProgestE as well, to stop my body switching the progesterone into more oestrogen n making my body worse - I seem to be having detox? Cant sleep at all and rather than stop the loading n mess it up, Im taking a small sleeping tab for a few nights.
Am I doing the right thing? Ive seem ppl talk about Dutch test and some pol have oestrogen pathways that will convert progesterone to oestrogen? Any advise on this as I want to keeo taking it

I have the ProgestE and also the CortiNon, I feel amazing within minutes of pitting on CortiNon and my energy has been low (have underactive thyroid and burnout adrenals after 8mnths carnivore a year ago & teying to get health back) have major insomnia and dysbiosis of gut - overloaded liver etc, no digestion and hunger, now during day I feel like new person on CortiNon but after doing a loading fir a few says with ProgestE as well, to stop my body switching the progesterone into more oestrogen n making my body worse - I seem to be having detox? Cant sleep at all and rather than stop the loading n mess it up, Im taking a small sleeping tab for a few nights.
Am I doing the right thing? Ive seem ppl talk about Dutch test and some pol have oestrogen pathways that will convert progesterone to oestrogen? Any advise on this as I want to keeo taking it
I'm a male and had the same issues you described. Give it time! Pumping your system full of exogenous hormones will not solve your issues right away - healing it's a slow process and it's a rollercoaster ride. :)

JacquelineNZ

I'm a male and had the same issues you described. Give it time! Pumping your system full of exogenous hormones will not solve your issues right away - healing it's a slow process and it's a rollercoaster ride. :)
Thanks! Yes it takes time, been lustening to so much of Rays talks and foind some good tips.
Need way more Vut D to balance things so finally have sunshine in NZ after so much wet weather and am swimming in the ocean, sun bathing and earing plenty of eggs to bring up cholesterol, plus doing the morning coffee to move excess oestrohen, and the carrot salad....will try a drop of progestE in some oluve oil as per a suggestion from Ray.
My issue is liver under functioning and am eagerly waiting the thyroid he recomends from Mexico to bring up thyroid and help sleep which is terrible unless Im so careful with blood sugars....I tried the sipping coke all day n just a real small bottle & I know its not a 'fix' but it works like magic! Havnt found the h9w or why yet but I actually slept 8 hours & dudnt think I would, so trying it again today.

Thanks! Yes it takes time, been lustening to so much of Rays talks and foind some good tips.
Need way more Vut D to balance things so finally have sunshine in NZ after so much wet weather and am swimming in the ocean, sun bathing and earing plenty of eggs to bring up cholesterol, plus doing the morning coffee to move excess oestrohen, and the carrot salad....will try a drop of progestE in some oluve oil as per a suggestion from Ray.
My issue is liver under functioning and am eagerly waiting the thyroid he recomends from Mexico to bring up thyroid and help sleep which is terrible unless Im so careful with blood sugars....I tried the sipping coke all day n just a real small bottle & I know its not a 'fix' but it works like magic! Havnt found the h9w or why yet but I actually slept 8 hours & dudnt think I would, so trying it again today.
I'm a bit jealous from Eastern Europe :D Sunlight is crucial - and it's more than just Vitamin D - evening and morning sun has lots of red and infrared light which acts on mitochondria. Also I don't recommend spending too much time in peak UvB - take it easy at first since your body is not. ready to "utilize" all that energy properly just like with vitamin A. Good luck!

JacquelineNZ

I'm a bit jealous from Eastern Europe :D Sunlight is crucial - and it's more than just Vitamin D - evening and morning sun has lots of red and infrared light which acts on mitochondria. Also I don't recommend spending too much time in peak UvB - take it easy at first since your body is not. ready to "utilize" all that energy properly just like with vitamin A. Good luck!
Thanks yes good reminder! Yes I followed Jack Kruse info for ages too and it really helps, did the winter swims to maximise mitochrondria function but its warmed up here so water is warm and sun is stronger now so yes will ration myself n build up n save myself for afternoon sunbathing!

Thanks yes good reminder! Yes I followed Jack Kruse info for ages too and it really helps, did the winter swims to maximise mitochrondria function but its warmed up here so water is warm and sun is stronger now so yes will ration myself n build up n save myself for afternoon sunbathing!
Cold exposure is not really popular in the Peatosphere, since it's a stress, but I had great benefits from it - daily cold showers during winter every day for 2-3 minutes eliminated colds, relieved my stubborn depression and made me much more calm and focused. I've read somewhere that cold exposure can make us retain more vitamin D (don't remember where sorry - it was a long tie ago). It also helps stimulate the Vagus nerve which is parasympathetic therefore anti-stress, so it's pretty Peaty in my book.

JacquelineNZ

Cold exposure is not really popular in the Peatosphere, since it's a stress, but I had great benefits from it - daily cold showers during winter every day for 2-3 minutes eliminated colds, relieved my stubborn depression and made me much more calm and focused. I've read somewhere that cold exposure can make us retain more vitamin D (don't remember where sorry - it was a long tie ago). It also helps stimulate the Vagus nerve which is parasympathetic therefore anti-stress, so it's pretty Peaty in my book.
Yes Im low thyroid so low nutrients n digestion is terrible as have huge infestation of tape worm from my 8 mnth carnivore and ate so much pork not realusing it would have tape worm eggs....so figured if I dont absorb things much by digestion till Ive gotten them out & healed system...then at least if I swim a few times a day I soak up sodium and magnesium and other minerals!
Yes I foind the cold watee in the sea heloed but when weather was really bad I did noyice it as stress and it dropped thyroid. Good to have that measure to see where we are at.

Judd Crane

Not sure what to tell you about progesterone - its thermogenic and positive chonotropi/ionotropic effects (heart beat) are well-known and something to be expected.
But since you asked about mitigation - taurine and inosine, as well as some extra salt are supposed to mitigate high adrenaline.
I'm wondering if someone with palpitations or strong heartbeat from stress should avoid progesterone or if the anti cortisol effects would be a net benefit.

johnwester130

can I use this to cast spells on people?

if you believe in the theory there are invisible energy fields in the world, what better substance to use than progesterone?

L_C

I just started taking this supplement in August, 2020. I am 47 and have not had my period for over 10 months. I was starting to assume I was in menopause. I got my period a few weeks after starting it. I also take Tyromix. I, now just got my period again 20 days after my first. I am kinda shocked and very pleased.
The only other change I have made recently was drinking an infusion of stinging nettles, oatstraw and red raspberry leaf, with hibiscus. I don't drink it everyday, but I do regularly.
Thank you @haidut for your awesome products.
I have since added Estroban, Calcirol and TocoVit.
For what it is worth, I want to add that I had been taking Progest-E regularly for almost a year and did not see any results.

Are you still taking haidut’s progestene and if yes what dosage are you taking per day?

L_C

@haidut ,everyone

My labs came back with elevated FSH, LH, prolactin and underactive thyroid. My estradiol came in range but my progesterone levels are low. I do have a history of ovary cysts and upon reading Ray Peat work he suggests supplementing progesterone. I have been supplementing no more than 10 drops a day before bed of idealabs (haidut’s) progestene for about three cycles or three months (two weeks on, two weeks off).

Anyway, during the first cycle of taking progestene I felt warmth and my face seemed more relaxed (less wrinkly). However, during the second and third cycles I have felt I have been supplementing with estrogen and not progesterone. I have formed ovary cysts that became were painful. My hands and feet super cold (which didn’t happen before). Some years ago I had a few ligament injuries which I feel are now back. Overall, I am just not feeling great.

Why is progestene not working now? What should I change? I appreciate anyone’s advice on this.

Thank you.

Would taking this sublingually equal to topical application regarding absorption?

Last edited:

L_C

Would taking this sublingually equal to topical application regarding absorption?
From my personal experience topical application is not as strong as taking progesterone sublingually.

L_C

Alone... or with E, or w long chain fatty acid like olive oil.?
I have been taking progesterone together with vitamin E sublingually which is a powerful combo. If you take vitamin E orally but progesterone topically it doesn’t seem to me as strong.
If you take progesterone orally without vitamin E it’s still stronger than taking it topically.
Hope this helps.