Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

Wagner83

Well, 4 drops CortiNon would be 5mg progesterone and he seems to have been using 15mg progesterone for quite some time. So, it is less...unless I am missing something.
I meant the dose of progesterone he tried.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wait...am I missing something? Is the 15-20mg too much?

For the DHEA, I thought, e.g., that 2-1, prog/DHEA was OK.

It looks like he meant the Progestene dose. I usually do not go over 10mg progesterone unless it is accompanied by an androgen like DHEA. So, 1-2 doses CortiNon should be fine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I meant the dose of progesterone he tried.

Could be, I think 10mg is probably enough as a physiological dose for males and higher doses may need some extra androgens like DHEA.

tara

I have recently started dosing 12 drops of progestene at night (second time started after one cycle) started dosing after ovulation. First three nights I slept very solidly but now, as before, I am waking at exactly 3.30am with intense restless legs (full body sensation) it feels like a mild electric current is running through me. Similar to panic attack but breathing and heart rate are fine and I don’t feel anxious. Just wide awake.

It’s resulting in tiredness during the day as well. Do I just need a snack next to the bed? Or is something else at play?
+1 to trying topical magnesium solution, either Mg chloride (magnesium oil) or Mg sulphate (epsom salt).
But unaware why progesterone is causing this. Is it increasing my metabolism and I do need more energy?
Could be. Or maybe needing more sodium (as Haidut and others suggested) or magnesium?

tara

Could I use gelatin and apple juice instead of orange juice to make the recipe in the video?
AJ jelly tastes good too. A little lemon juice in it can taste good, too, if it agrees with you.

Like before it caused me a severe adrenal crash. I become very jittery, anxious and seem to have and estrogen rush - all the veins on my hands and arms pop up. Feeling awful and just decided to stop it all together. I have upped my calorie intake from 1500 per day to more than 2000 adding the Potato soup, more fats etc.
Seems as if I should first focus on fixing my thyroid just through food as supplements seem to cause more issues. Main reason I decided to just use food and thyroid meds
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Eating more looks to me like a good move.
I'm no expert, but I think the low calories might contribute to the high rT3. It's one of the mechanisms for surviving famines: reduce the metabolic rate so that the body doesn't break down its organs too fast for fuel in times of hunger.
Lack of food also means nothing to work with for rebuilding run down tissues.
Thyroid hormones are like ignition - you still need to have fuel to burn. I think if you supplement thyroid hormones without enough food, you crisk creating more stress in your body.
2000 calories seems unlikely to be enough even for maintenance, let alone for recovery.

lifestyle

Just tried some Progestene on a test subject. Three drops. Much stronger effects than anticipated. Dramatic calming effects. Changes in vision reported. Colors seem brighter. Perception is indescribably different. Or maybe the test subject just needs more sleep...

lifestyle

Just tried some Progestene on a test subject. Three drops. Much stronger effects than anticipated. Dramatic calming effects. Changes in vision reported. Colors seem brighter. Perception is indescribably different. Or maybe the test subject just needs more sleep...

Calming effects of 3 drops progestene (5mg progesterone) persist, but libido is markedly lower (even when combined with a significant amount of androgens). Will be lowering to 2 drops (3 1/3 mg).

johnwester130

Calming effects of 3 drops progestene (5mg progesterone) persist, but libido is markedly lower (even when combined with a significant amount of androgens). Will be lowering to 2 drops (3 1/3 mg).

have you considered using zinc ?

nathan hatch wrote using progesterone will mean you need more zinc and calcium as they get redirected

lifestyle

have you considered using zinc ?

nathan hatch wrote using progesterone will mean you need more zinc and calcium as they get redirected

I currently supplement with 30mg zinc in the morning. I plan to increase to 50mg zinc picolinate.

What would you suggest?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is the progesterone in Progestene natural like Progest-E?

Not sure what "natural" means. It is certified as USP-grade, and it is progesterone, not diosgenin that is sold in some other products (not Progest- E).

artist

I take 20 mg of this stuff a day, under my tongue. It works great at keeping me from losing my mind, and seems to boost the effects of Tyromix well (these are the only supplements I take daily besides magnesium). I tried to go off it when I got my period, in the interest of doing the highly recommended 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off method. Around the 14 day mark I got slapped with SEVERE abrupt depression and hypothyroid symptoms. In fact the hypo symptoms I get from stopping this product are more severe than the ones I get from trying to withdraw exogenous thyroid. My digestion seemed to halt, my mood and histamine issues ratcheted up to full blast, I felt cold, puffy, ugly, and frankly like carrying on living isn't worth it. Sometimes I forget how bad my depression was before discovering things like this. I got back to normal after resuming the Progestene. The one downside I find is that it is somewhat suppressive to libido and I'm not sure how to get around that.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I take 20 mg of this stuff a day, under my tongue. It works great at keeping me from losing my mind, and seems to boost the effects of Tyromix well (these are the only supplements I take daily besides magnesium). I tried to go off it when I got my period, in the interest of doing the highly recommended 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off method. Around the 14 day mark I got slapped with SEVERE abrupt depression and hypothyroid symptoms. In fact the hypo symptoms I get from stopping this product are more severe than the ones I get from trying to withdraw exogenous thyroid. My digestion seemed to halt, my mood and histamine issues ratcheted up to full blast, I felt cold, puffy, ugly, and frankly like carrying on living isn't worth it. Sometimes I forget how bad my depression was before discovering things like this. I got back to normal after resuming the Progestene. The one downside I find is that it is somewhat suppressive to libido and I'm not sure how to get around that.

Thanks you very much for the great feedback! As far as libido - human studies showed that adding even a low dose (6.5mg) DHEA daily greatly improved libido scores in (postmenopausal) women who were already on progesterone (actually synthetic progestin) therapy. So, you could try adding DHEA or just use CortiNon instead of the pure progesterone.

InChristAlone

How old are you? You are taking it everyday? I think I'm getting to the point in my menstrual journey that I could use the progesterone more than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Just concerned about trying it.

artist

How old are you? You are taking it everyday? I think I'm getting to the point in my menstrual journey that I could use the progesterone more than 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Just concerned about trying it.
I just turned 29 this week. And yes until this month I had been taking it every day for at least 4 months.

Owen B

I don't know which thread this belongs in - D3 or Progestene.

My main combo lately is about a half a dose of Estroban (4-5 drops) plus 6-8 drops of Progestene. I've seen the controversy about D3 on the all the threads and I really don't know what's right. 1-2,000 units, 9-10,000 units? But I've been getting about 1,000 units in my system for a while now and as advertised in the main D3 thread it seems to be working very well with the progesterone. Potentiating it?

This combo is giving me the best sustained stress relief since I started Peating. I can have a day when my "learned" helplessness dominates and I start running on adrenaline but the next day I smooth right out and feel very sociable and relaxed.

The progesterone feel on this is much deeper than when I take it by itself. I can feel it reaching down and keeping me relaxed for almost the whole day.

I'm thinking of going for some 5a-DHP next. 2-3 drops a day maybe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals