Progestene - Liquid Progesterone (bioidentical)

InChristAlone

Also potassium. I notice when I run out of bananas, progesterone will give me a pounding heart. It may increase sodium retention in some people.

gp3690

@haidut I suspect I have ankylosing spondilitis. My back/rib cage is extremely sore when I wake up in the morning for the past year or so. After reading Blocking Tissue Destruction by Ray Peat, I am thinking about supplementing with tyromix and possibly a small amount of progestene to combat this. I have taken tyromix in the past with results that I could not tangibly feel. Body temp hovers around 97.7-98.1 . I did not get a blood test after taking tyromix. I am hypothyroid (TSH of 4) and have hypogonadism ( steroid when I was 20). although I have not lost any sexual function in regards to libido, erection, ejaculation etc. I am a 27 YO male. Am I on a path you would recommend to someone in my situation re: progestene and tyromix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I suspect I have ankylosing spondilitis. My back/rib cage is extremely sore when I wake up in the morning for the past year or so. After reading Blocking Tissue Destruction by Ray Peat, I am thinking about supplementing with tyromix and possibly a small amount of progestene to combat this. I have taken tyromix in the past with results that I could not tangibly feel. Body temp hovers around 97.7-98.1 . I did not get a blood test after taking tyromix. I am hypothyroid (TSH of 4) and have hypogonadism ( steroid when I was 20). although I have not lost any sexual function in regards to libido, erection, ejaculation etc. I am a 27 YO male. Am I on a path you would recommend to someone in my situation re: progestene and tyromix

I think a combination of progesterone/DHEA or pregnenolone/DHEA would be better for hypogonadism than pure progesterone, and the first combination can probably improve thyroid function on its own (with no or very little added thyroid). Aspirin and magnesium have also been reported to help with that condition.

gp3690

In regards to the arthritis, would thyroid be of use? Would DHEA aggravate estrogen symptoms in someone who is hypothryroid? (gyno)

cihans

I think a combination of progesterone/DHEA or pregnenolone/DHEA would be better for hypogonadism than pure progesterone, and the first combination can probably improve thyroid function on its own (with no or very little added thyroid). Aspirin and magnesium have also been reported to help with that condition.

Hi @haidut pregnenolone/DHEA combination is the way I chose and I’m wondering if it must be cycled or not I’m in this combination via supplements for 1 month. Do you think continous use beneficial?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi @haidut pregnenolone/DHEA combination is the way I chose and I’m wondering if it must be cycled or not I’m in this combination via supplements for 1 month. Do you think continous use beneficial?

If you feel like the effects are staring to wane, it usually help to take a week off and then resume at the same dose.

cihans

If you feel like the effects are staring to wane, it usually help to take a week off and then resume at the same dose.

Thank you for your reply.I feel Pregnenolone keeps me less bloated and mood is good. I checked my november blood work and my DHEA-S is 344.8 ug/dl ( ref: 102.6 - 416.3) it’s close to upper limit. Do you think that still need DHEA-S in the combination or only pregnenolone is enough?

ddjd

Servings per container: about 30
Each serving (12 drops) contains the following ingredients:
Progesterone, USP - 20mg

am i right in thinking each bottle contains about 600mg progesterone

wheras Progest-e contains around 2800mg per bottle.

theyre a similar price, is there something different in the quality to explain such a massive difference in total progesterone content

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

theyre a similar price, is there something different in the quality to explain such a massive difference in total progesterone content

Yes, your calculation is right. However, the absorption of our product should be much higher due to the SFA esters + ethanol solvent, so the effects would be the same as a much higher dose of proegsterone as in Progest-E. You can't compare any two products just based on contents. It is the effects that matter just as much.

johnwester130

Yes, the calculation is correct.
I know, it's a catch-22 for many people trying to sell stuff. When the operation is very small, it is expensive and to make it cheaper you need to grow. But how do you grow when you are expensive...Before starting this operation I ran a survey on the forum and most people said they will buy supplements if they are under $25 a month. So, it was sort of vetted by at least the forum members who responded. Finally, the solubility of progesterone in most solvents is only about 22mg/mL so Progestene gives you close to that maximum.

Btw, if you calculate the price by effectiveness Progestene stacks up pretty well with commercial progesterone products. I pack of Prometrium with 30 gelcaps 100mg each is usually no less than $30 at most online pharmacies, and without insurance in USA it can be several hundred dollars. Absorption of oral progesterone is about 6%, so you are getting at most 12mg bioavailable progesterone from each gelcap. So, in a sense you are paying $30+ for 360mg progesterone if you buy it online and hundreds if you buy it in the US without insurance.
With Progestene you get virtually 100% of the progesterone in your blood. So, its price per bioavailable gram of progesterone is at least half that of Prometrium and sometimes much much lower than that.
Anyways, point taken on the price. I am always looking for ways to make thing cheaper.

why do people oral absorption is 100% through the gums though ?

aquaman

Yeah it’s madness to buy this over Progestene-e.

It’s 4x more expensive, even if it’s supposedly “better absorbed”, which I don’t see how this could be proven??

In the last podcast, Peat said the study for the TBI brain study could have used up to 1000mg a day with safety. Which is 1.5x what this single bottle supplies.

Owen B

4-6 week report on Progestene, 15 mgs/day.

Not great by itself. I got racing pulse, agitation. Adrenaline?

My D3 tanked and my free T went below range.

I'd love to get this into my system for its anti-cortisol effect in muscles (maybe in the skin, too, since there are a lot of GR receptors there, no?). But this needs to be balanced with something more androgenic.

I looked at a TRT clinic and I didn't like what they were doing. It was $55 a week for a 110 mg. injection. Propionate?. I think it's a racket. Even if I had the $55 I don't think I would have done it.

Maybe a urologist.

If I take the Progestene again I'm going to cycle it. Maybe a week on, week off.

J

jb116

I'd love to get this into my system for its anti-cortisol effect in muscles (maybe in the skin, too, since there are a lot of GR receptors there, no?). But this needs to be balanced with something more androgenic.

I looked at a TRT clinic and I didn't like what they were doing. It was $55 a week for a 110 mg. injection. Propionate?. I think it's a racket. Even if I had the $55 I don't think I would have done it.

Maybe a urologist.

If I take the Progestene again I'm going to cycle it. Maybe a week on, week off.
Might be too much for you. Age?

Also, males especially, may tend to not get enough calcium and sodium when increasing progesterone. Sodium especially since progest powerfully opposes aldosterone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Maybe a urologist.

Why not try CortiNon or combine with androsterone?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Isn't the dose quite high?

Well, 4 drops CortiNon would be 5mg progesterone and he seems to have been using 15mg progesterone for quite some time. So, it is less...unless I am missing something.

Owen B

15-20 mgs. I think is the recommended dosage for the anti-cortisol effect.

Androsterone gives me a strong thyroid feeling, then the reverse. Instead of heat, I get cold.

I think I'll give DHEA another try, but I typically have not done well with it.

I honestly don't know about my calcium, but I did pick up some D3 the other day.

Owen B

Well, 4 drops CortiNon would be 5mg progesterone and he seems to have been using 15mg progesterone for quite some time. So, it is less...unless I am missing something.
Wait...am I missing something? Is the 15-20mg too much?

For the DHEA, I thought, e.g., that 2-1, prog/DHEA was OK.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals