Progest E Dose Suggestions?

Bigbear

Hello
I wonder if I could get some advice if possible please?
I posted the topic " infertility" a few days ago and have had some really helpful feedback. I'm now trying to dose "symptoms" but a little worried I might be over doing it Is it possible to do that? I have been taking 4'drops 4x a day to try to load up after being on the 3% cream. ( please see other post) but I'm still getting cramping and wondered if I should just take even more or keep on this dose for a while and see how it goes? I do need to be taking enough that my body doesn't turn it into estrogen I know so could the cramping be a sign that I'm still not taking enough of the pro e yet? Have also started on 2 vitamin e tabs, 300 mg aspirin twice a day, two huge spoonfuls of coconut oil as well as keeping my diet cleAn, this part I'm learning. Raw milk, organic, grass fed, orange juice etc.
your replies would be really appreciated thanks. Xx

Spacehoppa

Hi bigbear, sorry I did mean to get back to you on the other thread. So, it sounds like you're using progest e again, in which case, I wouldn't bother supplementing vitamin E because you're already getting loads of it in the progest e. as for how much progest e to use, well that's something you'll have to figure out yourself unfortunately. I squirt 'some' into my mouth (I don't bother with drops) 5 or 6 times a day on my high estrogen days and at least 3 times on my low ones. I am battling a very long standing high estrogen problem (as are you by the sound of it), which needs a lot of progesterone. I am battling against dizziness, pressure in my head, ovarian cysts, fatigue, arthritis, enlarge uterus, inflamed pancreas, and when my estrogen spikes high, blood sugar drops and involuntary twitching. Amazingly, all this and more is caused by high estrogen. As far as I am aware the only downside to too much progesterone is sleepiness, which honestly I feel a lot of the time anyway, so I can't say I've noticed.

I think we make as much as 400mg/day at the end of pregnancy, so even if you're dosing a lot, you'll be nowhere near this amount. I guess when your symptoms subside you'll know you're on the right track, but for me it has taken several months.

As for the aspirin, I would say start on a much lower dose in case it gives you stomach issues, always take it with food, don't take it every day (it impairs clotting) and take a vitamin K supplement as well. You'll probably get better advice off others about this, as I don't take it myself.

Coconut oil can only do you good, so keep that up. HTH!

Kelly

Bigbear said:
Hello
I wonder if I could get some advice if possible please?
I posted the topic " infertility" a few days ago and have had some really helpful feedback. I'm now trying to dose "symptoms" but a little worried I might be over doing it Is it possible to do that? I have been taking 4'drops 4x a day to try to load up after being on the 3% cream. ( please see other post) but I'm still getting cramping and wondered if I should just take even more or keep on this dose for a while and see how it goes? I do need to be taking enough that my body doesn't turn it into estrogen I know so could the cramping be a sign that I'm still not taking enough of the pro e yet? Have also started on 2 vitamin e tabs, 300 mg aspirin twice a day, two huge spoonfuls of coconut oil as well as keeping my diet cleAn, this part I'm learning. Raw milk, organic, grass fed, orange juice etc.
your replies would be really appreciated thanks. Xx

I dose my symptoms and it seems to just be wild guesses. I take what I imagine is 6 or so drops 3-10 times per day. I'm in the beginning of trying to recover from high estrogen, I hope I don't have to take so much forever. I've had no bad side effects, except feeling a bit sleepy.

OP
B

Bigbear

Hi
Thanks for the replies. Right, I will definitely take more then to ease the cramps etc. I have noticed feeling very sleepy and wondered if it was the progesterone but if that's the only side effect I won't worry about that.
I notice Peaterian talking about aspirin and talks about quite high doses, I think it must be a bit of a test of each individual . Will go steady on that one.
Spacehoppa, you have so many awful oestrogen things going on and I hope you have success in getting them sorted out.
Xxx

OP
B

Bigbear

My friend gave me organic powdered milk thistle at half teaspoon a day to help clear my liver. I don't really know anything about it though so havent taken it yet,does anyone have any advice on this?

Jenn

Yes, the liver likes milk thistle. Make a tea out of it, if you want.

The side effect of taking too much Progest E at one time is the possibility of a drunken like state/euphoria. Don't dose and drive. ;)

krempy23

'don't dose and drive' :lol: :lol: :lol:

"yes officer it's just my progesterone!"...that may not go so well! :naughty

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
krempy23 said:
'don't dose and drive' :lol: :lol: :lol:

"yes officer it's just my progesterone!"...that may not go so well! :naughty

:eek:

:rolling

Stunning4keke

can someone help me understand this, i've been so confused. i am brand new to this forum too.

i have just tapered from the vivelle dot estradiol patch. so i am no longer on any kind of estrogen. is that good?

i am still taking the prometrium (progesterone) days 1-12.

can i also supplement with progest+E? i was taking the progest+E but it was kinda making me nauseated. i was putting it on my gums. can i use the progest+E on the soft parts of my body like a cream? or should i just squirt it in my mouth? or put it on my gums. it also made me skin very dry as i was using it on a cyst directly on my breast and also using it on skin keratosis. it did lessen the keratosis but made the skin very dry. it's been weeks since i have used it directly on my skin--but the dry scaly skin has not gone away. sorry for so many questions. and i hope someone could help me answer them.

thanks, stunning!

katiekeen

Hi everyone,
I too am new to the forum and wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not. I don't want to take over someone elses issue and I currently can't answer anyones questions as I have my own!!
My question is also about Progest E- have just started and am taking 3 drops/5 times a day. My estrogen is really high. (I believe it is)The issue is that progesterone makes me feel depressed! It always has done, previously I have used cream and troches.
Does this mean that I shouldn't take it? Or should I increase the dose?
I have read that it can make you feel worse before better, can anyone explain why? I have also seen the name of an author referred to here (Katherine someone, Watson?)that writes about it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Sorry, I apologise if I've done the wrong thing, new to forums, forum etiquette etc.
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers

Stunning4keke

well, i hope someone can answer some of the questions above about the progest+E. again, i was using the progest+E directly on my breast where there is a cyst and it has made my skin so dry and lizard-like scaling i have to stop using it. this is even when i used some coconut oil first. i really hope someone can help me understand how to use the progest+E and if i can suppelment it along with the prometrium? thanks!

Beebop

It's worth reading these threads on progesterone if you haven't already.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227&hilit=progesterone
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=827&start=10&hilit=paper+skin

Stunning4keke said:
if i can suppelment it along with the prometrium? thanks!

Check to see if prometrium is a progestin rather than progesterone. Progestins act like estrogen in the body. They use up the body's receptor sites for progesterone, blocking progesterone the chance of using these sites. And in so doing their effect is estrogenic.
Peat talks about this in his articles on progesterone - worth re-reading them all. (Progesterone deceptions for example.)

The recommendation everywhere in peatland is to stop using progestins. And yes it is good to stop using any source of estrogen.

In fact I think the only recommended progesterone is progest-E - (although I might have missed one if there is another good one).

Beebop

katiekeen said:
I have also seen the name of an author referred to here (Katherine someone, Watson?)that writes about it.

(If you want to know exactly, I recommend to read Ray Peat's 'From PMS to Menopause' and everything by Katharina Dalton, starting with 'Once A Month'.)

from the progesterone thread (Peatarian's recommendation)

Stunning4keke

thanks Beebop,

yeah, i just wanted to make sure that it was a good thing that i stopped using any kind of estrogen/estradiol patch but i am feeling different because of that and like my skin feels more dry and i am not getting a period. but i don't want to be on any kind of estrogen bio identical anymore.

i don't think the prometrium is progestins unless a wild yam is considered a progestin. i am pretty sure prometrium is a wild yam. i got a message from someone on here saying that we are able to make our own progesterone. can someone please tell me how i can start that process with foods and anything else?

thanks!

Stunning4keke

i am wondering why the progest+E caused my skin to have such a dry, scaling to it. i use some on that skin condition KP and a cyst on my breast and it looked as though i had some kind of reaction as it became very dry lizard, scaling looking and wondering if anyone else has had this reaction to progest+E?

thanks!

Rayser

The progesterone receptor (if you believe in such a thing), is a protein. To use progesterone you need adequate protein. Ray Peat mentions he "doesn't feel quite right" if he gets less than 100g a day. I need more. If you don't get enough protein (and progesterone will raise the demand) your body will use up the protein most easily available: that's the one in your skin.
Usually you notice it first below your eyes.
If you make sure to eat enough potatoes, the effect will disappear again.

HDD

Rayser said:
The progesterone receptor (if you believe in such a thing), is a protein. To use progesterone you need adequate protein. Ray Peat mentions he "doesn't feel quite right" if he gets less than 100g a day. I need more. If you don't get enough protein (and progesterone will raise the demand) your body will use up the protein most easily available: that's the one in your skin.
Usually you notice it first below your eyes.
If you make sure to eat enough potatoes, the effect will disappear again.

Is it "make sure to eat enough potatoes" or protein? Or both?

Kelly

Great info Rayser. Peat says potatoes have high quality protein. I love 'em. I've been out of town for a past 2 weeks and haven't had any. Was so excited to get back. I have a big pot boiling right now, mashed taters here I come. With lots of butter and salt, mmm.