Progest-E Dosage

TNT

For those ladies who are using Progest-E, what dosage are you using?

My post menopausal wife uses about 50mg a day.

Sometimes it’s necessary to use 400mg or so for a day or two, to flush out estrogen from the tissues, or else the excess estrogen remains and the progesterone can cause problems such as a rash.

JenLN

Do you know your hormone levels? If not, do yourself a huge favor and test them before you supplement. I took low dose progesterone, around 10mg for the luteal phase, but even that little amount tanked my estradiol to post menopausal levels, after about 4-5 cycles. Its really easy to overshoot and low estradiol is AWFUL! My general advice is to take the lowest dose for the shortest time after getting your baseline.

mbachiu

One way to test is on day 14 of cycle take three drops every 10 minutes until you feel more relaxed & feel sort of sleepy. This is then your dose. If you never reach that point, take 30 drops. You can do all at once or spread throughout the day. Whichever you prefer

D

danishispsychic

I agree- I really feel that all the Progest E that I took gave me huge problems.

Saba

I take progest-e starting with day 14 of my cycle, though sometimes from day 13 or even 12 if I feel a bad mood come on that early. I take between a quarter teaspoon and a teaspoon, as needed (until I feel good - not in a bad mood and not stressed). I try to remember to at least take about a quarter to half a teaspoon twice a day. It also helps me sleep during the second half of my cycle, so I try to make sure to take at least half a teaspoon right before bed. I find that I need a lot less when my thyroid hormones are working well (temperature and pulse good). If my pulse is low, I need more to overcome the PMS. I never had any negative side effects from the progest-e. I also never found a consistent dosage that works - every month it depends on my thyroid function and probably other factors I haven’t identified. Even if my thyroid function is good, I still need a bit of progest-e at least once a day right before bed to sleep through the night (one quarter to half a teaspoon).

I never bothered counting drops because I find them hard to measure out, and I definitely need more than 3 most of the time.

HUF

Hi Dani,

Could you tell me what bad stuff it did. My wife takes maintenance dose 10-12mg across 14 days of cycle but has a lot of gut, high HR 105 sitting and peaking at 135bpm across the day just walking around.

I'm trying to figure out if progest e might be causing some of these symptoms. It regulates her period quite well and stopped all pms but not sure if it has these sides to others.

Please anyone chime in with your symptoms or experiences.

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals