Progest-E And Sleep

caseys

I took progest-e for the first time last night before bed, 3 drops under the tongue. I felt calm & drowsy at first then fell asleep, but woke an hour or so later & was in and out of sleep the whole night. I woke for the day at 5:00 a.m. and couldn't go back. I'm normally a poor sleeper but thought the progesterone would help. Now I'm afraid to continue with it. I'm a 44 year old female following a peatish diet with ok results. My waking pulse was 52, temp was 98.3 (digital thermometer) & blood glucose was 78, all of which are normal for me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Kelly

caseys said:
I took progest-e for the first time last night before bed, 3 drops under the tongue. I felt calm & drowsy at first then fell asleep, but woke an hour or so later & was in and out of sleep the whole night. I woke for the day at 5:00 a.m. and couldn't go back. I'm normally a poor sleeper but thought the progesterone would help. Now I'm afraid to continue with it. I'm a 44 year old female following a peatish diet with ok results. My waking pulse was 52, temp was 98.3 (digital thermometer) & blood glucose was 78, all of which are normal for me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Progesterone can wake up estrogen receptors, causing more estrogen dominance symptoms for awhile. You need to give it a few months before you know the effect for sure. Why are you taking it?

Beebop

Hey Kelly, I haven't seen that before - that Progesterone can wake up estrogen receptors (unless I missed it). Where did you come across that? Thanks!

OP
C

caseys

Hi kelly, thanks for the reply. I started progesterone thinking it might help with sleep, anxiety, constipation and breast swelling/soreness. I still take 3 or 4 drops during the day (it's been 4 days now). The carrot salad seems to be helping with my breast issues. Now they're just sore 10 days before my cycle whereas they were sore and swollen all the time before I got serious with the salad. I'm afraid to do high doses of the progesterone since I haven't had labs done in many months. My estrogen/progesterone ratios were off back then (normal estrogen, low progesterone) so I'm assuming they may still be off.

Hi jenn, no, I don't snack before bed. I should but I'm so afraid of gaining weight! So dumb, I know. I guess I should experiment. Any ideas on foods that promote sleep. I sometimes wake with a racing heart, which I have no clue as to why.

Jenn

Gelatin,OJ, pinch of salt, ice cream, homemade french fries. Anything low in tryptophan and easy for YOU to digest. You need energy. When you run out of energy, the adrenals kick into keep your blood sugar up. It wakes you up. It's hard to go back to sleep because you haven't fixed the energy problem. Try keeping some OJ by your bed,so if you wake up, take a few sips. When it is time to wake up, take a few more sips before rising.