Profound doxycycline experience

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Hey @Herbie, now that's been a year since your first report with doxy, how do you feel looking back on it? Do you think it was beneficial in the long run?
Yeah absolutely, it was a game changer for me.

Ive come across more good things about it since then. It's a good reminder to see if I can get more of it because I ran out.

Vileplume

Yeah absolutely, it was a game changer for me.

Ive come across more good things about it since then. It's a good reminder to see if I can get more of it because I ran out.
That's great to hear. So the short trial had long-term benefits that persisted after you stopped?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

That's great to hear. So the short trial had long-term benefits that persisted after you stopped?
Yeah, I ended up taking around 100 100mg tablets which I was dividing by 3 mostly to have the anti inflammatory action but sometimes take a 100mg tablet if I felt a bit off.

Peachy

@Herbie or anyone watching this thread - I’m hoping to get some direction on how to start doxy and minimize die-off/endotoxin overload while still getting the most benefit.

I’m going to ask the doc today for a script for my son’s acne and was thinking of getting 50mg capsules to have more dosing control. My guess would be start low and increase as needed. Maybe 50mg a couple times a week to start?

He’s also started taking aspirin and after reading the thread “Aspirin in the context of endotoxin” I see it can help your body tolerate/fight more endotoxin.

LadyRae

@Herbie or anyone watching this thread - I’m hoping to get some direction on how to start doxy and minimize die-off/endotoxin overload while still getting the most benefit.

I’m going to ask the doc today for a script for my son’s acne and was thinking of getting 50mg capsules to have more dosing control. My guess would be start low and increase as needed. Maybe 50mg a couple times a week to start?

He’s also started taking aspirin and after reading the thread “Aspirin in the context of endotoxin” I see it can help your body tolerate/fight more endotoxin.
That low dose has an anti-inflammatory effect but I'm not sure if it has an antibacterial effect. @EvanHinkle has posted a lot about how he uses activated charcoal to mop up the endotoxin die off, and I have done this too, especially in that first week of doxycycline use. But now I'm not noticing any side effects whatsoever and I've just about completed 3 weeks of doxycycline, 100 mg twice a day...

Keep in mind that doxycycline is not a true antibiotic (it does not outright kill bacteria) but it is instead called a bacteriostatic agent. It immobilizes the bacteria and keeps them in a stationary period of growth so that the immune system can take care of them... So the side effects aren't going to be as brutal as other hardcore antibiotics.

Peachy

That low dose has an anti-inflammatory effect but I'm not sure if it has an antibacterial effect. @EvanHinkle has posted a lot about how he uses activated charcoal to mop up the endotoxin die off, and I have done this too, especially in that first week of doxycycline use. But now I'm not noticing any side effects whatsoever and I've just about completed 3 weeks of doxycycline, 100 mg twice a day...

Keep in mind that doxycycline is not a true antibiotic (it does not outright kill bacteria) but it is instead called a bacteriostatic agent. It immobilizes the bacteria and keeps them in a stationary period of growth so that the immune system can take care of them... So the side effects aren't going to be as brutal as other hardcore antibiotics.
Perfect. Thanks so much! That’s what the doctor prescribed. I’ll add in some charcoal in the beginning. What’s your plan with the doxy going forward?

LadyRae

Perfect. Thanks so much! That’s what the doctor prescribed. I’ll add in some charcoal in the beginning. What’s your plan with the doxy going forward?
I'm going to continue along like this for a few months, as this is usually the recommended time frame for facial issues. I say that because I don't have acne, but I have some visible capillaries and I'm possibly neurotic about the skin on my face and terrified of aging, whatever hahaha! Anyway I will keep everyone posted.

As far as the charcoal, I would take it 4 to 6 hours after the dose of doxycycline. You don't want it to adsorb the doxycycline...

Peachy

I'm going to continue along like this for a few months, as this is usually the recommended time frame for facial issues. I say that because I don't have acne, but I have some visible capillaries and I'm possibly neurotic about the skin on my face and terrified of aging, whatever hahaha! Anyway I will keep everyone posted.

As far as the charcoal, I would take it 4 to 6 hours after the dose of doxycycline. You don't want it to adsorb the doxycycline...
Good thought about the charcoal. And I hear you on the aging! Thanks for keeping us posted.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

@Peachy I just took 1x 100mg tablet per day for 14 days to start off. Only felt better and better.

Then I ran out and bought 100 x 100mg tablets and took 1/3 of the tablet a day for until I ran out pretty much.

Peachy

@Peachy I just took 1x 100mg tablet per day for 14 days to start off. Only felt better and better.

Then I ran out and bought 100 x 100mg tablets and took 1/3 of the tablet a day for until I ran out pretty much.
Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals