Productive Thought

M

member 2106

When do you do your most productive thinking? What are the conditions that enable it?

Ray said to me in an email: "Lying in bed before getting up I can do exploratory thinking, and then when I’m up I work out the implications."

I can relate to this, although it's often lying in bed at night when my exploratory thinking begins.

What about you? What helps you generate your own ideas?

Inaut

My dad has said the same thing. He says he sorts things out in his mind before falling asleep and when he wakes up he acts them out. One of the smarter people I have met in life and I don’t say that with bias (atleast I try not to let it influence me too much)

He also isn’t a good sleeper and I think he’s high serotonin but that’s another story.

OP
M

member 2106

My dad has said the same thing. He says he sorts things out in his mind before falling asleep and when he wakes up he acts them out. One of the smarter people I have met in life and I don’t say that with bias (atleast I try not to let it influence me too much)

He also isn’t a good sleeper and I think he’s high serotonin but that’s another story.

Yes, it's not the most convenient time for exploratory thought, but I don't think we have much control over the timing of our most lucid thinking. I can relate to the "sorting things out" that your dad does at night. It's exactly the same for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals