Problems with the carnivore diet (Pros, cons, side effects, glucose deficiency and more)

Jon2547

Can we possibly get a transcript?

Jon2547

Hans,
I go to your website quite frequently and read your articles. You are very smart young man and the things you discover and write about are very beneficial.

But I have all these podcasts from various individuals in my "watch later" list on YouTube and I just don't have time to listen to all of them. Some are 90 minutes or longer. I just wish I could read instead of watching, that way I can get the most important pieces of information quicker.

GreekDemiGod

The Carnivore Diet sure offers more powerful solutions to getting rid of digestion issues than taking a carrot salad or other measures thrown around here.

Jon2547

I've had tremendous success using the carnivore diet. It gets rid of itch, swolen prostate, blood sugar, digestion, you name it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Apart from the low carb, low calcium and few other mineral problems, I just feel like my mood is flat on a low carb diet. I'm in a decent mood, energy is good, etc., but it's totally different from a high sugar diet. The energy and mood on a high-carb diet are just so "fulfilling" so to speak, given that you eat the right carb sources for yourself and that you burn the glucose effectively.

Jon2547

Hans, what are the best carb sources?
I can eat lots of honey but it raises my blood sugar should I eat too much. I also have been using buckwheat to make pancakes with coconut oil in them. Very tasty and does not seem to jack up the blood sugar too much.

Jessie

Interesting video, I wasn't even aware you had a YT channel Hans. Seems like the only benefit from going carnivore is less endotoxin, which in and of itself, would explain all the other "benefits" people think they're having. Of course the high cortisol and premature aging will catch up to them.

M

metabolizm

The Carnivore Diet sure offers more powerful solutions to getting rid of digestion issues than taking a carrot salad or other measures thrown around here.

It’s a really powerful short-term solution, but ultimately it’s providing inadequate nutrition.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, what are the best carb sources?
I can eat lots of honey but it raises my blood sugar should I eat too much. I also have been using buckwheat to make pancakes with coconut oil in them. Very tasty and does not seem to jack up the blood sugar too much.
How does honey raise your blood sugar? Acutely, or does it stay elevated over many hours? Where is your morning fasting glucose at?
My carb sources lately are still loads of honey and fruit juice (mango, orange, apple and guava).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting video, I wasn't even aware you had a YT channel Hans. Seems like the only benefit from going carnivore is less endotoxin, which in and of itself, would explain all the other "benefits" people think they're having. Of course the high cortisol and premature aging will catch up to them.
Yes definitely. Elimination of gut irritating foods and introduction of nutritious foods. But as you say, not a long term solution. It all comes down to how large someone's stress buffer is and how rapidly it's lowered before they crash.

GreekDemiGod

For all of you saying how everyone on Carnivore crashes after a year, I see plenty of cases of people not crashing and still going long-term.
There is this blog, Zero Carb Zen, and it has interviews with regular people who have been on this way of eating for years.

This one, for example:
Zero Carb Interview: Reanna Percifield at 5 Years Carnivore

So year 3 is when I decided to try raw milk and cream with good results. Year 4 I decided to take it a step further and try some raw honey, because my metabolism is healthy and I don’t have issues with sugar addiction. I thought it may be a useful energy supplement on occasion
Seems to me like Carnivore + raw milk, honey is very much do-able long-term. I would call this Peaty Carnivore.
Adding milk and honey and tolerating them fixes a lot of the problems with ZeroCarb carnivore: It provides a rich Calcium source,, it keeps you out of Ketosis and reduces the stress hormones to some degree.
You still got the High Phosphate problem, but you can mitigate that with collagen / glycine.

On my 5th year, I decided to try coconut oil, just to have another fat option, and because it does have an impressive fatty acid profile compared to other plants. I was very unsure about this one, because I do have a reaction to other plant oils, even in small amounts. But it turned out to be a safe addition
Well, she seems like an intelligent and adaptable person.

Beef + raw milk + raw honey + ripe fruits in varying proportions should be the best human diet, if one can tolerate all this foods very well.

Last edited:

Sefton10

Beef + raw milk + raw honey + ripe fruits in varying proportions should be the best human diet, if one can tolerate all this foods very well.
This. Although I think more game-type meats like venison and goat are a better option than beef. Plus I’d emphasise the milk and fruit with some meat, rather than meat with some milk and fruit. Throw in some egg yolks and the odd bit of liver and you’re good to go.

B

Braveheart

This. Although I think more game-type meats like venison and goat are a better option than beef. Plus I’d emphasise the milk and fruit with some meat, rather than meat with some milk and fruit. Throw in some egg yolks and the odd bit of liver and you’re good to go.
:darts:

M

metabolizm

For all of you saying how everyone on Carnivore crashes after a year, I see plenty of cases of people not crashing and still going long-term.
There is this blog, Zero Carb Zen, and it has interviews with regular people who have been on this way of eating for years.

This one, for example:
Zero Carb Interview: Reanna Percifield at 5 Years Carnivore

Seems to me like Carnivore + raw milk, honey is very much do-able long-term. I would call this Peaty Carnivore.
Adding milk and honey and tolerating them fixes a lot of the problems with ZeroCarb carnivore: It provides a rich Calcium source,, it keeps you out of Ketosis and reduces the stress hormones to some degree.
You still got the High Phosphate problem, but you can mitigate that with collagen / glycine.

Well, she seems like an intelligent and adaptable person.

So are you going to try it?