Problems With Milk And Eggwhite. Albumin Sensitivity?

miki14

Milk and egg whites give me digestive problems. I checked all fractions of milk (cheese, whey, creme/butter and lactose) all protein fractions of milk give me digestive & skin problems. I love raw egg yolk but if I eat more than 1 egg whites (cooked or raw) I spent the next 2 days on the bathroom with cramps and diarrhea. I wonder if it is linked to albumin, which seems to be present in both protein. What's the meaning of this situation? What can be done? I would like to drink milk but it makes me bloated with skin problems and low energy.

schultz

You have albumin in your blood plasma... is it even possible to be allergic to it?

tara

You have albumin in your blood plasma... is it even possible to be allergic to it?
I think allergy to egg albumin is quite a well-known phenomenon. I assume it's not identical to the stuff in human blood - and probably different to what's in milk, too.

schultz

I think allergy to egg albumin is quite a well-known phenomenon. I assume it's not identical to the stuff in human blood - and probably different to what's in milk, too.

I sort of wondered that when I was posting but assumed someone would correct me if it was so.

I looked it up. I guess it's a different amino acid sequence or something. :eek: