Problem with building muscle...

PeatBull

I started peating like 6 months ago and find out i had all hypothyroid symptoms. At that time I was working out in the gym 3-4 times per week, high intensity. Two months ago I started taking thyroid (now im takin 30 mcg t4 and 15 mcg t3 tru the day)
I was ripped at that time but always struggled gaining weight. So i started eating more sugar and following peat style lil bit, reduced my training intensity and frequency, but ive gained cero muscle. Yeah I ve gained some weight, but its all belly fat. My friend started to workout one year ago after having a cancer, a d gained way much muscle than I did in 5 years.
Im thinking about taking progesterone or some of the haiduts products, which one would you suggest?
Btw im on my 30s.

rr1

If i was in your position, i might try pansterone from haidut, 2 drops rubbed into your skin 2-3 times daily. other things important for building muscle obviously adequate protein, 120g and 30g extra coming from gelatin, aspirin, vitamin d/k2, and cascara as the emodin inhibits synthesis of cortisol, and lowers cortisol. shorter workouts and focusing on only concentric movements to lessen build up of lactic acid and breathing through nose is important. Hans has some good articles about muscle building at Home » MENELITE

Spartan300

I'm in my 50s but have worked out since I was around 20. I've had some reasonable gains going back a while but I got myself dug into a hole starting around 10 years ago.

You have to be in a good place physically to gain from working out. I'm still trying to get back there trying all of the recommendations here. I've backed off a little recently but I've been doing progesterone for more than 4 months at around 40mg/day split into two doses am & pm and it's done nothing for me other than maybe gain a little more belly fat.

Progesterone hasn't done it for me. The list of other things that haven't is also quite long...
I can feel it when I'm in enough of a healthy & androgenic state to benefit from training & I've not felt it for some time. I used to feel great and more androgenic & strong after working out, now I often feel worse if I work out.

However I still believe it is achievable as there have been brief spells where things have clicked into place usually when my sleep is good but that is rare.

For me, I'm only likely to gain muscle if my sleep & temperatures are good.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

My sleep improved now, but temperature still quite low. Protein and food intake i think is OK. Ill try maybe drinking more milk.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

I never had bad sleep, so i don’t see any big difference.

Abmartich

Ray Peat said that vitamin D and Calcium are important for building muscle.

This makes sense because I have seen that in the construction sector of my country, workers of Haitian origin, develop large muscles and the only thing I see that they eat is a lot of white rice and they do not protect themselves from the sun. They spend all day in the sun with picks and shovels mixing the concrete and drinking "Red Rock" flavored carbonated drinks.

My question is, how do these construction workers build muscle without eating a high protein diet or supplementation? Perhaps the sun and vitamin D are what make this possible?

GreekDemiGod

You're only going to put on serious muscle if you up the intensity. Even in a perfect hormonal environment, you need to train at a high intensity.

Last week I trained outside. It is so much more refreshing and pro-metabolic VS in a gym.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I started peating like 6 months ago and find out i had all hypothyroid symptoms. At that time I was working out in the gym 3-4 times per week, high intensity. Two months ago I started taking thyroid (now im takin 30 mcg t4 and 15 mcg t3 tru the day)
I was ripped at that time but always struggled gaining weight. So i started eating more sugar and following peat style lil bit, reduced my training intensity and frequency, but ive gained cero muscle. Yeah I ve gained some weight, but its all belly fat. My friend started to workout one year ago after having a cancer, a d gained way much muscle than I did in 5 years.
Im thinking about taking progesterone or some of the haiduts products, which one would you suggest?
Btw im on my 30s.
What's your diet like? You getting enough protein, carbs and cholesterol?

Quelsatron

This makes sense because I have seen that in the construction sector of my country, workers of Haitian origin, develop large muscles and the only thing I see that they eat is a lot of white rice and they do not protect themselves from the sun. They spend all day in the sun with picks and shovels mixing the concrete and drinking "Red Rock" flavored carbonated drinks.

My question is, how do these construction workers build muscle without eating a high protein diet or supplementation? Perhaps the sun and vitamin D are what make this possible?
Do you know their diet? Maybe they just eat rice for lunch and grill meat at home

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

What's your diet like? You getting enough protein, carbs and cholesterol?
Diet is good,homemade food. Plenty of fruits, proteins, some starches like potatoes and rice, bread aswell, eggs, milk. Protein shake after workout. Liver once or twice x week. I think maybe I don’t eat enough, but where is the belly and belly fat coming from then ah? Bloodwork had high colesterol, the rest was within the range ( didnt checked androgens) and high TSH.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

You're only going to put on serious muscle if you up the intensity. Even in a perfect hormonal environment, you need to train at a high intensity.

Last week I trained outside. It is so much more refreshing and pro-metabolic VS in a gym.
Well, i was killing myself last couple of years, and had a nice body, but very worse than anyone would expect with that amount of training. The friend i train with have much more progress, and even my lifting marks are better.

PaRa

true, working out under the sun skyrockets your pump by 50%

Hans

Forum Supporter
Diet is good,homemade food. Plenty of fruits, proteins, some starches like potatoes and rice, bread aswell, eggs, milk. Protein shake after workout. Liver once or twice x week. I think maybe I don’t eat enough, but where is the belly and belly fat coming from then ah? Bloodwork had high colesterol, the rest was within the range ( didnt checked androgens) and high TSH.
If you can lay out your diet, lifestyle and training program to the T, then things could become a bit more obvious.
Some people just struggle with gaining muscle if they have low androgen receptors in their muscles. It's not so much total androgens, but androgen receptors. Also, stress hormones since they inhibit muscle growth.