Probably Very High Serotonin But No Anxiety Side Effect

Terma

I took 1 mg of cyproheptadine yesterday night. It made me super sluggish, I slept all day and also it increased my cold sensitivity even more. But i liked the psychological feeling, it feels comfy. I think I'm gonna continue this time by increasing the dosage day by day. Maybe it can stop the deteoriation. Maybe it can even stop 5ht2c differentiation process.

The activity of the serotonin receptor 2C is regulated by alternative splicing

@Terma I may forgot what you said about cyproheptadine. What do you think about that medicine? Should i increase my dosage up to 6 mg/day ?

5mg in the evening was too much for me. Afaik the mainstream individual doses are 2-4mg (though several times a day) for disorders. I can see why. I mean it's an antihistamine. But basically you'll see. Sorry you couldn't find anything better in your area. Did you try melatonin? I've been doing relative better nights on low dose of that (Effects of Melatonin on Intestinal Microbiota and Oxidative Stress in Colitis Mice) plus some L-serine, though it's probably their combination, magnesium and a little caprylic acid before bed, sometimes B6 and Taurine I guess.

Terma

500mcg max (for myself more needed means something else is missing, since more does not work)

Brandin

BCAA in various dosages can make me quite depressive, I also have some gut/bowel issues.
BCAA does not only deplete serotonin but also dopamine, so be careful with that. They even gave me a headache, seemed better taking them with food. I haven't taken BCAA lately.
Adding some large dose of phenylalanine may help or not. Phenylalanine can have a high euphoric effect the first time after which it won't be the same when you use it.
Since you do not have anxiety maybe you can go with higher dosages of phenylalanine.
I would not be surprised if your GABA is also high, if GABA is high for a long time your Prolactin will raise since it will inhibit Dopamine, Serotonin will also compete with Dopamine doing the same, so there is a chance to get higher Prolactin, at least there are many studies showing huge pprolactin with some antidepressive or anxiolytic drugs.
It does lower dopamin but I belive the direct serotonin, cortisol and adrenaline lowering effect are stronger. That and the fact that lowering those will increase dopamine is why gaba usually is dopaminergic (especially if combined with androgens).

Back
Top Bottom