Probably Very High Serotonin But No Anxiety Side Effect

Astolfo

Hyperreactive bowel. It reacts to my thoughts all the day. (Seldomly diarrhea)
Cognitive deteoriation, motor control retardation, emotional numbing.
No anxiety, depression
Hyperphagia

It's been nearly 2 years. Everything started after short course of fluoxetine (10 mg half dosage). I slowly lost my everything, I can't even remember who once I was or How things would make me feel. Big portion of my intelligence is gone. I suspect that excess serotonin caused some sort of brain atrophy.

I came into a conclusion a few days ago. I tried peganum harmala and a few days later, 5 mg vortioxetine. Vort made it harder to my bowel create random noises (probably 5ht3/7 antagonism). But, both of them gave me diarrhea. Worsened my bowel problems.

I need some serious help right now. I'm going to try BCAAs in a few weeks. But the problem requires more to be resolved.

Kunstruct

BCAA in various dosages can make me quite depressive, I also have some gut/bowel issues.
BCAA does not only deplete serotonin but also dopamine, so be careful with that. They even gave me a headache, seemed better taking them with food. I haven't taken BCAA lately.
Adding some large dose of phenylalanine may help or not. Phenylalanine can have a high euphoric effect the first time after which it won't be the same when you use it.
Since you do not have anxiety maybe you can go with higher dosages of phenylalanine.
I would not be surprised if your GABA is also high, if GABA is high for a long time your Prolactin will raise since it will inhibit Dopamine, Serotonin will also compete with Dopamine doing the same, so there is a chance to get higher Prolactin, at least there are many studies showing huge pprolactin with some antidepressive or anxiolytic drugs.

OP
A

Astolfo

BCAA in various dosages can make me quite depressive, I also have some gut/bowel issues.
BCAA does not only deplete serotonin but also dopamine, so be careful with that. They even gave me a headache, seemed better taking them with food. I haven't taken BCAA lately.
Adding some large dose of phenylalanine may help or not. Phenylalanine can have a high euphoric effect the first time after which it won't be the same when you use it.
Since you do not have anxiety maybe you can go with higher dosages of phenylalanine.
I would not be surprised if your GABA is also high, if GABA is high for a long time your Prolactin will raise since it will inhibit Dopamine, Serotonin will also compete with Dopamine doing the same, so there is a chance to get higher Prolactin, at least there are many studies showing huge pprolactin with some antidepressive or anxiolytic drugs.

For phenylalanine, can I drink some light cola instead (Aspartame)?

Caffeine (coffee, tea, etc.) doesn't help me at nights anymore., it makes me even more sleepy. Shouldn't it be the opposite if I have high GABA?

GreekDemiGod

Could high serotonin coexist with moderate / high GABA?
If I take high-dose Taurine, it does make me more mellow / sedated, so that is the GABA increase. But it does not remove my anxiety.

Kunstruct

Could high serotonin coexist with moderate / high GABA?
If I take high-dose Taurine, it does make me more mellow / sedated, so that is the GABA increase. But it does not remove my anxiety.

I do not have the study at hand, but there is one that is proposed serotonin can stimulate certain GABA receptors on the pituitary to inhibit D2 receptor in essence increasing prolactin. So in this sense it is possible. As you know GABA is not a simple thing and neither Serotonin is as simple as it sounds, there are many receptors and many interactions.

You will see that lots of GABA stimulation thru various means and certain conditions will raise Prolactin and it will inhibit D2, and get into hyperprolactinemia. This is what some benzodiazepines and non-benzodiazepines do.
Acute hyperprolactinemia can be triggered by many drugs, especially those that are gastro, some are labeled as dopamine antagonists, Metoclopramide which is very common, and many others common drugs like that. It is questionable weather some people react better or worse to these as on study showed a girl who was highly responsive to all this sort of drugs and when not used anymore prolactin would go down in around 2-3weeks.
We are talking about 200+ng/ml, huge numbers in some people.

Kunstruct

For phenylalanine, can I drink some light cola instead (Aspartame)?

Caffeine (coffee, tea, etc.) doesn't help me at nights anymore., it makes me even more sleepy. Shouldn't it be the opposite if I have high GABA?

I mean to supplement with phenylalanine aminoacid, like you test it out, 3 grams or less or more.

Probably caffeine drops Cortisol and you get sleepy. This happens sometimes to me when drinking redbull, but that also has Taurine. Cola does not have Taurine yet can still cause this to me sometimes.

You might test your prolactin especially since doing some serotonin drugs.

Last edited:

Kunstruct

Probably if you supplement with the GABA increasing and Cortisol lowering substances you would get very sleepy and extremely foggy to the point you might have issues realizing you are foggy.

lampofred

SSRIs can cause calmness in a bad way by increasing prolactin & making you more sluggish.

Try cyproheptadine - it has anti-serotonine properties along with anti cortisol effects. It greatly improved my digestion. But beware - it's an antihistamine, so it will cause drowsiness, which will gradually go away after a week. It will also tank your dopamine levels, at least it did for me. Start with 0,5-1 mg in the morning and evening, then slowly increase the dose after few days if needed

milkboi

Phenylalanine seems to reliably induce euphoria. Doesn‘t work 100% of the time, but it and NALT give me great improvement dopamine-wise daily.

lampofred

Generally speaking high dopamine and low serotonin cause “anxiety”

High dopamine/low 5ht unmasks anxiety that's already there by increasing sensitivity/lowering sluggishness, but I don't think it's the cause of anxiety. I think low glycine/vitamin D and low GABA/CO2, which are related to low blood sugar and poor glucose oxidation, is the real cause of generalized anxiety.

milkboi

High dopamine/low 5ht unmasks anxiety that's already there by increasing sensitivity/lowering sluggishness, but I don't think it's the cause of anxiety. I think low glycine/vitamin D and low GABA/CO2, which are related to low blood sugar and poor glucose oxidation, is the real cause of generalized anxiety.

Interesting, increasing dopamine never made me feel anxious (as long as I didn‘t completely forget to consume calories), only better.

OP
A

Astolfo

I took 1 mg of cyproheptadine yesterday night. It made me super sluggish, I slept all day and also it increased my cold sensitivity even more. But i liked the psychological feeling, it feels comfy. I think I'm gonna continue this time by increasing the dosage day by day. Maybe it can stop the deteoriation. Maybe it can even stop 5ht2c differentiation process.

The activity of the serotonin receptor 2C is regulated by alternative splicing

@Terma I may forgot what you said about cyproheptadine. What do you think about that medicine? Should i increase my dosage up to 6 mg/day ?

Try cyproheptadine - it has anti-serotonine properties along with anti cortisol effects. It greatly improved my digestion. But beware - it's an antihistamine, so it will cause drowsiness, which will gradually go away after a week. It will also tank your dopamine levels, at least it did for me.
I took 1 mg of cyproheptadine yesterday night. It made me super sluggish, I slept all day and also it increased my cold sensitivity even more. But i liked the psychological feeling, it feels comfy. I think I'm gonna continue this time by increasing the dosage day by day. Maybe it can stop the deteoriation. Maybe it can even stop 5ht2c differentiation process.

The activity of the serotonin receptor 2C is regulated by alternative splicing

@Terma I may forgot what you said about cyproheptadine. What do you think about that medicine? Should i increase my dosage up to 6 mg/day ?
I took it it for two month 1mg twice daily and it improved my digestion and overall health, but made my histamine intolerance/allergies worse, because it probably depleted the DAO levels which breaks down histamine - although I'm prone to having allergies and my histaminergic system is out whack to begin with. I wouldn't recommend to use it long term, but it's a good idea to experiment with it. Fun little story that happened to me. A few years back I was using it sporadically for sleeping better after drinking alcohol, because I always sleep like ***t drunk. One day after a night of drinking I accidentally overdosed it and instead of 1 mg I took like 7-8 mgs and sure thing I fell asleep, but then woke up 3 hours into the night with pretty vivid closed eyed hallucinations similar to mushrooms :crazy: :lol: :sunglasses:.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom