Private Area Issues

Nstocks

Discussing penis issues, as a warning!

Around 8 weeks ago I noticed a whiteish discolouration on my glans, kinda like eczema where the skin is still visible if that makes any sense.

I visited a sexual health clinic and it's been ruled out that it is nothing transmitted. They gave me a cream which is hydrocortisone 2% (Canesten) which I applied as prescribed for 7 days morning and night. After this time the issue went away and the Doctor said to keep the cream incase the "contact dermatitis" comes back. (Although he said he can't fully provide a diagnosis for me)

Fast forward to the past 2 weeks (4 weeks after stopping the cream as the issue cleared up) and now the problem is just as bad and also burns around the glans.

I'm planning on visiting my own Doctor who will no doubt tell me to apply another cream (which by the way will eventually thin the skin and could lead to other issues), so I'm doing a little research.

Could be UTI, diabetes,lichen or Balanitis. Google image search doesn't bring up any results that show what I have...

Beastmode

Discussing penis issues, as a warning!

Around 8 weeks ago I noticed a whiteish discolouration on my glans, kinda like eczema where the skin is still visible if that makes any sense.

I visited a sexual health clinic and it's been ruled out that it is nothing transmitted. They gave me a cream which is hydrocortisone 2% (Canesten) which I applied as prescribed for 7 days morning and night. After this time the issue went away and the Doctor said to keep the cream incase the "contact dermatitis" comes back. (Although he said he can't fully provide a diagnosis for me)

Fast forward to the past 2 weeks (4 weeks after stopping the cream as the issue cleared up) and now the problem is just as bad and also burns around the glans.

I'm planning on visiting my own Doctor who will no doubt tell me to apply another cream (which by the way will eventually thin the skin and could lead to other issues), so I'm doing a little research.

Could be UTI, diabetes,lichen or Balanitis. Google image search doesn't bring up any results that show what I have...

Have you tried eliminating certain foods?

I had a persistent itch (looked like eczema,) especially at night, in my groin region for months. Looking back I had this before i was doing all the PEAT based stuff (i.e- reducing pufas, etc.) Nothing was more powerful then eliminating all starches. May not apply to you, but I noticed a significant difference after a few days.

Hope it works out for you. Try not to get caught up in the potential "diagnosis" that a doctor might label it as. It can create quite a bit of reductionist thinking, even when you're searching through these forums for "answers."

OP
N

Nstocks

I have recently eliminated all grains except rice and all dairy except lactose free. Starches are fairly minimal, but I haven't been eating much coconut oil and neglected the carrot salad for almost a year.

I agree, the Doctor will just try to label it so he can send me away with some cream or possibly antibiotic.

I'll see how it goes over the next week, adding in the carrot salad but if it doesn't improve I'll get it check out again. The problem started a week before I visited Europe but I highly doubt the two are connected and I was careful with what I ate.

I've got a family member with these issues, similar anyway.

Progesterone like Progest-E seems very helpful.

Lidocaine crystals or benzocaine seems helpul, sufficiently diluted.

Packing the area with a little sugar and urea also.

Beastmode

I have recently eliminated all grains except rice and all dairy except lactose free. Starches are fairly minimal, but I haven't been eating much coconut oil and neglected the carrot salad for almost a year.

I agree, the Doctor will just try to label it so he can send me away with some cream or possibly antibiotic.

I'll see how it goes over the next week, adding in the carrot salad but if it doesn't improve I'll get it check out again. The problem started a week before I visited Europe but I highly doubt the two are connected and I was careful with what I ate.

Hope it works out. You can find other great ways to "sterilize" your gut on here in addition to the carrot salad (i.e- well cooked white button mushrooms, etc.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals