Pristine Hydro Water Filter

Soren

Forum Supporter
Been looking at getting an under the sink water filter and this is the best one I have found although there are one or two aspects of it I am not entirely sure about. The main issue is it's usage of Lodestones and quartz crystals to "recharge and reprogram water naturally, just like a living stream system". I have no idea if that is complete bunk or if there is some science behind it. It also I've listed the full set of features below as well as link to the website and manual for anyone who is interested. I've looked over the raypeatforum and I can't find much if any discussion on water filtration. I thought this would be a more widely discussed topic considering the presence of all the endocrine disruptors, fluoride, heavy metals etc that are found in the water supply.

Two other interesting aspects are the remineralization of the water with magnesium bicarbonate. Given how difficult it can be to get magnesium into the body and how most people are deficient this sounds like a good way to get more in the body.

Would love to know peoples thoughts and experience with regards to this product and water filtration in general.

STAGE 1 - 5 MICRON
This high capacity filter removes dust, particulates, and rust sediments measuring over 5 microns from the water. Made of 100% pure polypropylene fibers.

STAGE 2, 3 - KDF + CARBON
KDF Increases life of activated carbon by 4-5 times. Reduces chlorine, heavy metals, and bacteria. CARBON: Reduces turbidity, chlorine, chloramines, organic contaminates, pesticides, and chemicals.

STAGE 4 - HIGH EFFICENCY REVERSE OSMOSIS MEMBRANE
Utilizing an ECO friendly 1:1 waste to recovery process, this stage removes undesirable contaminants and pollutants down to .001 microns in size (by comparison, the size of most bacteria is about .5 microns / virus about .05 microns). However, RO does not remove acids (which are liquids and gasses) i.e. sulfuric and nitric acids (acid rain), hydrofluorosilicic acid (industrial waste fluoride), hypochlorous and hydrochloric acids (chlorine reactions), haloacetic acid (chlorine and bromine reactions). If you do not remove the acids, you will drink them. NOT GOOD!

STAGE 5, 6 – DUAL DEIONIZATION
Two Unique Proprietary Laboratory Grade Cation and Anion Resin Filters remove the remaining trace contaminants (i.e. heavy metals) as well as all the invasive bad acids that pass-through STAGE 4.

STAGE 7 – REMINERALIZATION
In this stage the number of beneficial ions is increased in the water. This results in a high pH and a low controlled TDS comprised of magnesium bicarbonate with traces* of calcium and sodium bicarbonate, as well as silica and chloride.

STAGE 8 – COCONUT CARBON
Enhances flavor and removes odors while polishing the water to perfection. This carbon filter is made from coconut shell that has undergone a steam activation process to create its activated carbon form with micro-pores. During activation, it creates millions of pores at the surface of the carbon, thus increasing the total surface area.

STAGE 9, 10 - RESTRUCTURING + RECHARGING
In this final stage the water is run over lodestones and quartz crystals simulating the properties of a living stream. This naturally restructures, recharges, and reprograms what was once damaged water into the purest water on planet Earth since The Industrial Revolution.

*Trace minerals as well as their values will vary with various source water chemistry.

Under-Counter (WRS-UC4)

under-counter-1mobile_1024x1024.png

Gone Peating

Looks solid.

I buy a gallon of distilled water for a little under a dollar at the grocery store tho

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Looks solid.

I buy a gallon of distilled water for a little under a dollar at the grocery store tho

Not on option where I live unfortunately. Distilled water apparently is not enough according to the makers of this filter

From their website;
"DISTILLED WATER: rising steam is supposed to leave all impurities behind in the distilling process, but in fact, gases, some chemicals, and some organic compounds are taken along with the steam. Distilling does not remove chlorine/chloramine, unnatural acids (mentioned above), and other chemicals, they evaporate and end up in the product water. In the end, distilling produces highly aggressive acidic water devoid of bicarbonate salts and chloride; in fact, in the 1950’s distilled water was sold in drug stores with the label “Not for Drinking!” and was predominantly used to fill car batteries and steam irons."

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
This is the comparison they do for other forms of drinking water vs their filter:

"FRESH WATER: comes from rain. It rains chemicals and acid rain (the pollution cycle). When rainwater falls from the clouds as rain, it falls through air filled with bacteria, dust, smoke, smog, chemicals, minerals, gases, radioactive fallout, etc. Invisible toxic chemicals and heavy metals are contaminating all freshwater sources (streams, lakes, reservoirs, wetlands, and estuaries). However, nearly all surface-water features interact with ground water. These interactions take many forms. In many situations, surface-water bodies gain water and solutes from ground-water systems and in others the surface-water body is a source of ground-water recharge and causes changes in ground-water quality. Pollution of surface water can cause degradation of ground-water quality and conversely pollution of ground-water can degrade surface-water. Thus, effective land and water management requires a clear understanding of the linkages between ground-water and surface-water as it applies to any given hydrologic setting.

SPRING WATER: which is water that results from an aquifer being filled to the point that it overflows onto the land. The quality of the water in the local surface-water system will generally determine the quality of spring water. However, spring water will contain more inorganic minerals than the source water that feeds it.

WATER IONIZER: removes acids from tap water; producing acid-free tap water. The water is loaded with the same contaminants found in the source water i.e. fluoride, heavy metals, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, disinfection by-products, etc. Checking the TDS of the source water with a TDS meter, then checking the ionized water, you will find that both have the same TDS. Now, the water ionizer was a great step in our understanding of water as it addressed the acids in water which as discussed causes major health problems. However, under close examination (laboratory analysis) it is revealed as merely acid free tap water! Water ionizers also remove the beneficial ortho-silicic acid.

MOLECULAR HYDROGEN H2 DRINKING WATER UNITS: these units produce hydrogen-rich tap water on the go. Most have platinum-coated titanium plates and can produce high levels of molecular hydrogen tap water in just 3 to 10 minutes. Most of these unit don’t have filters, the ones that do, don’t have a multi stage filtration process that removes 100% of all undesirable contaminates including volatile acids; they reduce many contaminates, they do not remove 100% of all undesirable contaminates.

There are a number of ways to produce H2 water, including electrolysis (e.g. water ionizers, or hydrogen-specific devices), reaction of water with alkali-earth metals (e.g. elemental magnesium) or simply bubbling H2 gas into water.

PristineHydro Hydrogen-Rich Water: Naturally

Magnesium metal reacts with water to produce hydrogen gas: [Mg + 2H2O –> H2 + Mg(OH)2)]. The magnesium hydroxide (Mg(OH–)2) dissociates into magnesium ions (Mg2+) and hydroxide ions (OH-) according to the equilibrium: Mg(OH)2 <–> Mg2+ + 2OH–24. This method of hydrogen-rich water production is commonly used among researchers for human studies, because of its ease of use. The concentration of molecular hydrogen is generally near saturation (1.6 ppm), which allows the subjects to ingest greater quantities of molecular hydrogen without having to consume a copious volume of water (1 liter vs. 10 liters). Like electrolysis, without electrocuting the water this method increases the pH of the water and it also reduces H+ ion concentration.

The antioxidant claims of H2 hydrogen-rich water presented by the misinformed people selling water ionizers and molecular hydrogen drinking water units is unverifiable. However, magnesium is a proven antioxidant, as it reduces the oxidative stress, that produces free-radicals in the first place. Obviously, drinking contaminated water (H2 hydrogen-rich or not) combined with a magnesium deficiency will eventually cause major health complications.

PristineHydro’s patent-pending technology removes all unnaturally occurring acids from water without electrocuting water the way ionizers do. The concept of electrocuting dead polluted water with a water ionizer or molecular hydrogen H2 drinking water units to revive it is pseudo-science. Electrolysis ruptures the already lifeless water. That is the reason the created pH of ionized water only lasts for 24 to 48 hours; any other water on Earth with that much TDS, would maintain its pH reading for months if not years. PristineHydro patent-pending technology produces contaminate-free ortho-silicic acid, magnesium-rich, and properly mineralized H2 hydrogen-rich water the way nature designed it; PristineHydro water maintains its pH for up to one year.

BOTTLED WATER: quality is unregulated. In a recent study by German researchers, nearly 25,000 chemicals were found lurking in a single bottle of water. Many of these chemicals mimic the effects of potent pharmaceuticals inside your body. The researchers were shocked to learn that most of the bottled waters revealed interference with both kinds of hormone receptors; consuming as little as 0.1 of an ounce inhibited estrogenic activity by 60% and androgenic activity by 90%. Plastic bottle waste is also a recognized environmental disaster.

REVERSE OSMOSIS: removes most contaminates, except acids (which are liquids and gasses) i.e. sulfuric and nitric acids (acid rain), hydrofluorosilicic acid (industrial waste fluoride), hypochlorous and hydrochloric acids (chlorine reactions), haloacetic acid (chlorine and bromine reactions), ido-acids (chloramine reactions) producing relatively clean acid water. In fact, RO water is aggressive acidic water that is devoid of optimal levels of bicarbonate salts and chloride.

DISTILLED WATER: rising steam is supposed to leave all impurities behind in the distilling process, but in fact, gases, some chemicals, and some organic compounds are taken along with the steam. Distilling does not remove chlorine/chloramine, unnatural acids (mentioned above), and other chemicals, they evaporate and end up in the product water. In the end, distilling produces highly aggressive acidic water devoid of bicarbonate salts and chloride; in fact, in the 1950’s distilled water was sold in drug stores with the label “Not for Drinking!” and was predominantly used to fill car batteries and steam irons.

CARBON BLOCK FILTERS: insufficient as stand-alone filters; produces acidic water that is loaded with contaminants.

TAP WATER: not recommended for drinking; acidic and chemically treated lifeless water that contains many contaminants including sulfuric, nitric, hydrofluorosilicic, haloacetic, hypochlorous, and hydrochloric acids; fluoride, heavy metals, chlorine/chloramine, disinfectant by-products, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Natural drinking water by design must have mineral content. By removing minerals, water becomes acidic and aggressive, meaning it will seek to replace the ions (minerals) removed. Water treated by either distillation or RO will become even more acidic upon contact with airborne CO2 that reacts with the water and creates carbonic acid, which displaces the ions (minerals) that were removed. The use of distilled and/or RO water will cause electrolyte imbalances in your body because it is stripped of all minerals. In turn, your body will leach electrolytes and minerals from tissue and bone in order to neutralize the acids in the water you are drinking.

Clean, healthy drinking water should not be pure H2O; in fact, waters with the most epicurean interest are free of unnatural acids and contain bicarbonate salts, chloride, and ortho-silicic acid.

PRISTINEHYDRO THE ONLY WATER REVIVAL SYSTEM: PristineHydro has taken water filtration to a new level called “water revival.” Our patent-pending 10-Stage water filtration/revival process removes 100% of all undesirable contaminates, including all the invasive acid compounds, as well as fluoride, chloramine, arsenic, hexavalent chromium, perchlorate, pharmaceuticals, and the like. It then utilizes an innovative, advanced remineralization, restructuring, recharging, and reprogramming process that sets a new standard for ortho-silicic acid, high-alkaline pH, magnesium bicarbonate, properly mineralized H2 hydrogen-rich water the way nature designed it.

After the break in period, the TDS of a new PristineHydro water is around 20-60 ppm, which is made up of magnesium bicarbonate with traces of calcium and sodium bicarbonate, as well as silica and chloride. Levels of ortho-silicic acid can vary according to the source water; our test samples from our shop in Laguna Woods, CA had 0.26 mg/L silica dioxide, which is the standard test for ortho-silicic acid in water.

We use natural lodestones and crystals to create the bio-zeta potential to charge the water and keep the minerals in a colloidal suspension. Lodestone is magnetite, but not all magnetite is lodestone. To become lodestone, the magnetite must be struck by lightning, which then makes it biophoton-magneto-electric.

Each lodestone has a North Pole and a South Pole. They are natural magnets and a source of pulsed field direct current voltage; they provide a unique form of magneto-electric charge, delivering optimal and relative amounts of pulsed field magnetism and pulsed direct current. We also use quartz crystals (silicon–oxygen tetrahedral) in conjunction with the lodestone to charge the water. It is very simple if you examine nature; we put the harvested crystal (the child) back in touch with the magneto-electric energy that grew it (the mother). It is a mother and child reunion!"

Your Current Drinking Water Options Explained

Gone Peating

Idk. If you added some sodium and magnesium carbonate it should resolve the acidity issue.

Also I’m pretty sure distilled is what all chemists use

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Idk. If you added some sodium and magnesium carbonate it should resolve the acidity issue.

Also I’m pretty sure distilled is what all chemists use

Might resolve the acidity issues but you cannot drink water from the tap where I live. Even the government recommends that you do not. The water here is from an artificial well that is fed from the ocean. It comes out of the ground slightly salinated and then is desalinated and sent to the general population. The water when it leaves the plant is "fine" but I don't think it is "purified" the same way as it is in other countries. I don't know specifically what that issue is maybe it was made with poor plumbing that leaks in heavy metals.

RealNeat

Might resolve the acidity issues but you cannot drink water from the tap where I live. Even the government recommends that you do not. The water here is from an artificial well that is fed from the ocean. It comes out of the ground slightly salinated and then is desalinated and sent to the general population. The water when it leaves the plant is "fine" but I don't think it is "purified" the same way as it is in other countries. I don't know specifically what that issue is maybe it was made with poor plumbing that leaks in heavy metals.

Im writing an article on all the misleading claims PristineHydro makes, its one of the most inefficient, wasteful units out there. Distillation DOES get rid of what they claim it doesn't, one just has to make sure
1.) that it doesn't dry boil

and

2.) that the distiller has a PRE and POST VOC escape/ filter.

if you are concerned about minerals a few concentrace (Trace Mineral Research) drops per gallon should assist in saturating the pure liquid. I also use lemons, honey, sodium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate/ carbonate.

I've used AquaNui distillers for years.

postman

Not on option where I live unfortunately. Distilled water apparently is not enough according to the makers of this filter

From their website;
"DISTILLED WATER: rising steam is supposed to leave all impurities behind in the distilling process, but in fact, gases, some chemicals, and some organic compounds are taken along with the steam. Distilling does not remove chlorine/chloramine, unnatural acids (mentioned above), and other chemicals, they evaporate and end up in the product water. In the end, distilling produces highly aggressive acidic water devoid of bicarbonate salts and chloride; in fact, in the 1950’s distilled water was sold in drug stores with the label “Not for Drinking!” and was predominantly used to fill car batteries and steam irons."
This is why all distillers come with a carbon filter.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Im writing an article on all the misleading claims PristineHydro makes, its one of the most inefficient, wasteful units out there. Distillation DOES get rid of what they claim it doesn't, one just has to make sure

and

if you are concerned about minerals a few concentrace (Trace Mineral Research) drops per gallon should assist in saturating the pure liquid. I also use lemons, honey, sodium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate/ carbonate.

Thanks for the feedback RealNeat I'd be very interested to read that article when you finish it.

Gone Peating

and

What do you think about distilled water in grocery stores? Do they meet these criteria?

RealNeat

What do you think about distilled water in grocery stores? Do they meet these criteria?

Im sure it varies greatly however letting them sit in plastic alone gives me pause in addition to not knowing their methods of distillation.

Waynish

I don't see how it can be putting that much magnesium back into the water (as bicarb) without a large supply... Anyone?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Im writing an article on all the misleading claims PristineHydro makes, its one of the most inefficient, wasteful units out there.

Hey did you ever get that article finished?

Waynish

and

Where do you get magnesium bicarbonate powder in bulk for cheap? And yes, I'm also skeptical of their filters. I don't see how they could be producing that much mag bicarb whatever from it - where's the material coming form?

Dave Clark

Where do you get magnesium bicarbonate powder in bulk for cheap? And yes, I'm also skeptical of their filters. I don't see how they could be producing that much mag bicarb whatever from it - where's the material coming form?
I could be wrong, but I thought I read that the reason you don't see mg bicarbonate powder for sale is because mg bicarbonate is very hydroscopic and can't be made into powder. If that is not true, I want to know where to get it myself, but that is my understanding.

RealNeat

Hey did you ever get that article finished?
Almost Im going pretty deep into it along with resolving myths on distilled water, CO2 etc... So far 5 pages, it should be done soon.

Michael Mohn

I looked on instagram and this pristinhydro guy doesn't inspire much trust in me. Any carbon filter should take care of most chemical impurities like chlorine, metal ions, sulfits & nitrits.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Almost Im going pretty deep into it along with resolving myths on distilled water, CO2 etc... So far 5 pages, it should be done soon.

Awesome! Looking forward to reading it.