Previously skinny-fat guys, what made the biggest difference in getting a toned, muscular physique?

crazypatriot

What a load of crap. It is precisely this mentality that lands people on this forum trying to fix what they broke.

Don't listen to this OP, this is reductionist body building dogma.

Stress from restriction.

Stress from worrying about restriction and weighing your food diminishing enjoyment.

Stress from focusing on body fat instead of health.

Stress from pushing yourself unnecessarily hard.

Stress from too much muscle meat and protein in general.

Literally the only good advice above is log your progress. Which can be done without going to boot camp...

Listen to Ray, lift in a relaxed fashion, lift heavy but don't kill your self. Have fun! Stay consistent and eat healthy. Don't restrict too much if you are already compromised health wise.
Form habits for the long run, if you do what the bro above suggests you'll burn out in months if not weeks.

The amount of stress you can handle is heavily dictated by hormone status and is highly subjective. Follow the hormone optimization guides from @Hans or @Lokzo and you'll be able to handle a basic 3 day a week program no problem.

Higher androgens make the effort feel highly rewarding in addition to the well-known anabolic effects.

VitoScaletta

Have you tried taking vitamin b5?
Ideally combined with some b1 and regular topical magnesium all over your body (unless you’ve got some not yet addressed fungal issues or anything else which could be aggravated by lots of magnesium and excess vitamins).
And how are your hair/skin/nails, overall?
Can you elaborate on taking Vit. B5? Why would it help?
Same for combining it with B1, and also topical Magnesium...

RealNeat

The amount of stress you can handle is heavily dictated by hormone status and is highly subjective. Follow the hormone optimization guides from @Hans or @Lokzo and you'll be able to handle a basic 3 day a week program no problem.

Higher androgens make the effort feel highly rewarding in addition to the well-known anabolic effects.
I'm well aware I was a devoted lifter and dieter for a very long time. It's not highly subjective, it's actually both visibly and measurably obvious when someone is overdoing it. My comment was addressing your regimen which wasn't suggesting a mere "three day a week bust your a*s regimen" but a whole host of other, established, stressors on the body. Being able to "handle" stress is variable but does not change the effect of the cause.

You restrict, you cause stress, hence the fat loss, you re-feed you blunt the stress. Adaptation is another story entirely and that's whats variable. Not all adaption is good, justified or sustainable.

Last edited:

Hayley

I would look into Doug Brignole for this, especially for a skinny fat person and/or someone with long limbs. His podcasts with Mark Bell and subsequently his book changed my lifting approach and improved results dramatically with less injuries. He challenges some sacred cows.
interesting I’ll check it out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom