rr1

These are my thoughts on the causes of hair loss - another user posted this video on a thread of mine which I found very interesting - credit to @emac for posting this:

He address in the video the 2 things that people seem to really question in hair loss
- the horseshoe hair loss pattern that tends to be followed
- as well as that some people just seem to be immune to hair loss no matter what they do

View attachment 30837

View attachment 30836

In the video I interpret as Skeletal Class 2 structures are the most prone to hair loss since the maxilla protrudes on the mandible so what ends up happening is the mandible ends up occluding on the Superficial Temporal Artery - blocking blood flow partially to the frontal areas of the skull (in the diagram if you notice the STA artery on the left side reaches the front part of the skull) - for skeletal class 1 and skeletal class 3 skulls since the mandible is more forward it makes the person less likely to have the mandible occlude on the STA

The right side of the STA which goes to the back of the skull (the donor site for hair surgery) never seems to go bald in anyone - that is the most interesting part I find - looking at the diagram it would make sense that the frontal part of the skull would be the part to begin losing hair if the mandible was occluding on the artery

View attachment 30838

This is an example he utilizes for complete occlusion of the STA - going fully bald

for partial occlusion of the STA - only going bald in the frontal region

View attachment 30839

But then there is other points that users brought up which is high metabolism/low gut serotonin seems to result in great hair -

I do think that high metabolism consistently/low gut serotonin naturally results in better healthier forward growth - so the mandible comes out more forward and in healthier people it doesn't occlude as much on the STA - I'll link to the video down below - he does a really great exercise which I will timestamp for people to try out to see if it helps but the whole video is worth watching

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VF2ARMU-_4&t=798s&ab_channel=BaldingbyBrianDye

Looking further into this, he quotes in his study

"Of the one hundred individuals suffering from hair loss, direct visual, and observation of dental model occlusion demonstrated that ninety-six individuals had Class II dental malocclusion."

OccamzRazer

Very random, but I think practising martial arts - particularly internal martial arts - can prevent hair loss in men.

In addition to the mechanical benefits, martial arts increase confidence, which is great for one's hair!

JamesGatz

How is it that

Humans are the ONLY species where males are rampantly experiencing hair loss - other mammalian species experience hair loss (male and female) ONLY when they are under stress

I find it interesting how no one in the hair loss industry cares to then question:

Is there something that human females are doing that males are not that could play a major factor

especially in this forum - no one cares to question the things that females do that males don't that can have major effects on metabolic health

DHT is blamed, genetics is blamed. "females just have higher progesterone", no one cares to look at the various reasons why females would have much better metabolic health than males

FitnessMike

What are the most important things to do (and not to do) to prevent hair loss in men?
taurine stopped my itching scalp area where i was successfully losing hairs over a few years of hypo

OP
L

Logan-

OP
L

Logan-

Ok, so this is more evidence to me that DHEA is more of a culprit in hair loss than DHT, Prolactin, and Estrogen. Haidut wrote an article once stating that a DHEA metabolite was his thought to be the real hormone in hair loss.

OP
L

Logan-

My husband was losing a lot of hair in the shower for about a year until he realized he was never stimulating his scalp, by combing or brushing his hair like he had in the past. Once he started brushing his hair again he stopped losing hair. He realized that the lack of stimulation or maybe the build up from hair gel and conditioners was the cause of his problem.

I emailed him privately about a month ago, and scalp massage was his answer to me. I think Ray has been saying that circulation is a big factor with the health of the hair follicle, and that men and women with hair problems need to improve scalp circulation. The question was asked by a emailer, and the core of the question was what to do when you have all the other things in place, thyroid, temps, etc.
Danny Roddy will ask questions as well, but Ray stays with the exact question, so I think we need to press him when trying to get answers out of him the way we want. Just like Ray never talked about Oatmeal before , and now he does. Same with Hair, he has more information in his arsenal the more we interview him.

I recently talked to him about scalp exercises .

He also said before that your best bet to regrow hair is proably scalp massages .

I use a vibrating muscle massager on my scalp (muscles). The massager does all of the work, I just steer the massager around my head for about 5 minutes. I also take extra vitamin k and I get sunlight on my head.

If you read the comments at Amazon, you will find that others have commented that their barbers have used this device.

Oster Professional 103 Stim-U-Lax Massager

Don't you have to reverse scalp calcification to have a chance of regrowth?

Changing the tonicity of the blood would prevent leakage caused by prolactin, aldosterone and such which would prevent fluid accumulating outside of the vessels

DHT isn't the primary culprit. Inflammation is.

Last edited:

David PS

I also have (and mostly use) a shampoo scalp massage brush. I use it as a dry brush.
1697300546377.png

OP
L

Logan-

Over the 12 months I feel the cyproheptadine had a big impact on my physiology in my mind and body I feel its helped my hair as I have a lot more hair now. I find it a lot easier to learn new things, recall and remember and take on difficult tasks and adapt well to challenging new environments and situations. I have clearer foresight into the future now and much improved at reflecting and assimilating past experiences.

OP
L

Logan-

Can applying magnesium chloride solution onto scalp be effective against the effects of scalp calcification?

OP
L

Logan-

Does anyone have any idea why women don’t experience hair loss like men, as they get older?

OP
L

Logan-

The comparison to PCOS is a very good one. I remember that one paper specifically mentions that balding is the male equivalent for PCOS in women. Both are characterized by a significantly increased free androgen index, decreased SHBG, reduced insulin sensitivity, and overactive adrenal glands. In the first stage, the adrenals will produce a lot of DHEA and progesterone, which is good, but after a while adrenaline, cortisol, and prolactin will become dominant.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that progesterone is in any way involved in the pathologies leading to hair loss. It is simply a side effect, and in itself the progesterone is protective, or to put it another way, the whole situation would be much worse without the progesterone. I do not even doubt that supplemental progesterone might be helpful, I just wanted to add that according to what I have read progesterone is not reduced in balding men.

If you’ve fixed thyroid, then a good massage technique + topical progest-e should fix the fibrosis in the scalp

OP
L

Logan-

Does anyone have any idea why women don’t experience hair loss like men, as they get older?

I personally don't find it very surprising that a guy who takes estrogen and progesterone analogues has regrown his hair. There are many reports of FtM transexuals who lose their hair taking male hormones, and MtF transexuals who regrow scalp hair on estradiol alone.

OP
L

Logan-

Interesting about vitamin C and dopamine. I haven’t seen that before:

Maybe as others have suggested vitamin E can help but 100% that should not be the first course of action. It is dopamine that counters prolactin so taking P5P with zinc (take both together) and vitamin C should help lower that and is the direct route to doing so.

Shouldnt really need to supplement C if you are consuming high vitamin C fruits daily but if not its important you remedy that as C is vital for iron metabolism and thus making dopamine (since iron is a requirement). P5P is cleaved in the digestive tract to just Pyridoxal and is activated by zinc via pyridoxal kinase. This active B6 can then play its role in optimizing dopamine levels and thus lowering prolactin.

Pyridoxine (HCL) is plant B6 and is not useable by humans unless you have a lot of things steps going right and there are genetic variations that can make it an issue for many to utilize plant B6. Some studies even suggest this version can even worsen B6 status while pyridoxal 5 phosphate (which becomes pyridoxal in the intestines) does not have this issue.

Ascorbic Acid Potentiates the Inhibitory Effect of Dopamine on Prolactin Release: A Putative Supplementary Agent for PIF - PubMed

Other names for dopamine are prolactin inhibiting factor or prolactin inhibiting hormone.

Yeh P5P (pyridoxal 5 phosphate), zinc, vitamin C will help dopamine levels, but also folate, so making sure folates in the diet are well covered is important. Its not all there is to it but it will help significantly.

OP
L

Logan-

I really dont understand the genetic argument for any disease. If something is genetically awry...surely it would manifest from birth as several truly genetic diseases do. Genes do not change throughout life. Medical dogma may state their expression may... but in my opinion thats just in response to metabolism.

What makes you believe there is a switch that states person x will loose hair at 20, person y will loose hair at 30, person z will loose hair at 40?. I'm not being cheeky, I'm genuinely interested in how you've formed this viewpoint?

For example, how many balding 10 year olds do you know? A child has the metabolic capacity to produce energy not only to maintain structure, but to grow and thrive. Most adults today dont even have the energy production sufficient to maintain structure. Hence the plethora of middle aged disease we currently see. Disease which was not present when that person was a child.

Balding is just one manifestation of energy decline as any other disease is. The diseases are the symptoms of aging. Some may experience heart disease, some may experience diabetes, likley based on their specific nutritional insufficiencies or accumulations of environmental toxins. Maybe there are small genetic predispositions based on stress imprints from previous generations, but I struggle with the notion that the main factor is not metabolic in all disease.

Thankfully, the medical world is slowly waking up to the possibility of transgenerational epigenetic change (i.e. heredity) vs. genome-centered theory of disease which has proven to be totally useless and fraudulent. I think genetic determinism was pushed for the past 5-6 decades merely to be able to keep people hopeless and fully subservient to pharmaceutical medicines.

OP
L

Logan-

Chest/body hair can increase way past puberty after a stress, and is driven by the excessive pumping of DHEA by the adrenals itself, not by DHT. Haidut has covered this in other threads.

OP
L

Logan-

My late husband had a thick head of hair and started losing it when he stopped brushing it and used hair gels. He stopped using heavy gels and brushed it everyday and the hair loss stopped. My son started receding from using beanies and hair ties everyday, and when he realized it was causing him to lose hair he stopped and his hair is thick and healthy again. I think lack of blood flow and stimulation is a culprit for some.

Hair loss appears to be such a difficult problem that the final answer is just to give up, and contravene the utopian Lamarckist spirit. I had some diffuse thinning which slowed to near-nil with regular haircuts and a good diet, and head massages are a real slow-burner therapy which happen to feel great anyway. Liver/gallbladder, macrophage polarization and mineralocorticoids seem to be important. Men with pattern baldness almost always have high aldosterone, even if their blood pressure is normal.

OP
L

Logan-

I have a healthy thick head of hair at sixty so I haven’t had to explore the hair loss avenue. I do wash my hair everyday though so maybe not letting the oil build up has saved me. I give my hair a good brushing, getting at the scalp, every night before bed too.

Hi Rinse, what do you use to wash your hair every day?

OP
L

Logan-

I don’t really experience hair loss or baldness, but I find it very interesting that something seemingly so simple as hair and hair loss is so hard to crack. So many people around the world deeply care about this issue, there are many data on this, many theses, many experiments and experiences; yet no one has decidedly laid out the aetiology, pathogenesis (considering hair loss as a problem in itself, rather than a mere manifestation/secondary phenomena), and a safe and corrective/targeted cure for hair loss and MPB.

In one way, it reminds me of losing teeth or the famous problem of enamel regeneration.

IMG_7756.jpeg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals