Wolfy

What shampoos and hair products would you guys recommend for the scalp? I presume the sulphate + formaldehyde free products would be best?

OP
L

Logan-

Has anyone observed that cigarette smokers tend to retain their hair into old age more than non-smokers? That’s been my observation.

JamesGatz

Has anyone observed that cigarette smokers tend to retain their hair into old age more than non-smokers? That’s been my observation.
I've noticed that too - they also tend to be a lot less stressed out from what I notice - this is what makes me think it's related to stress - when I catch a few whiffs of second hand smoke I experience:

low stress/low serotonin
high DHT

this is what makes me reluctant to believe it is DHT itself causing hair loss and makes me more inclined to believe it's stress hormones

Charger

No correlation in my experience. I work with smokers with a full head of hair, and smokers who are severely balding relatively young.

dlind70

I've noticed that too - they also tend to be a lot less stressed out from what I notice - this is what makes me think it's related to stress - when I catch a few whiffs of second hand smoke I experience:

low stress/low serotonin
high DHT

this is what makes me reluctant to believe it is DHT itself causing hair loss and makes me more inclined to believe it's stress hormones
Using reflexology baldness can be mitigated or hair loss can be mitigated by tapping each of the five main fingers on your left hand. Each finger corresponds to the skull or the top chakra. In this chakra you can influence the growth because each of your fine main five main digit fingers influence the levels of minerals in the body the thumb is vitamin A /zinc the first finger is vitamin b Cobalt the third middle finger is vitamin c /iron the ring finger is vitamin d calcium and the pinky finger is represented by vitamin e / selenium. If you tap these fingers within a one second beat not too fast that is said to help the pituitary and the top of the head. The reason this works is because it's reflexology everything in the body is a reflex point to everything else the fingers and the fingernails specifically reflex to the top of the head.

By the way I quoted you because you may like this out of the box stuff. To repeat, it has to do with the Chinese reflex system you would have to study more reflexology to get better understanding I only have a basic tidbit that I shared with this hand thing.

dlind70

One more tidbit this is why I tap all my things with the middle finger iron. When I am at a computer screen I am using my middle finger because the middle finger represents iron and iron even though it's berated on this form iron is actually very good for erection so every time I am doing work on a computer screen that can be tapped or say you have an office job I am using my knowledge of this reflex system to tap with my middle finger and I notice it may help your quality of life downstairs if you get me.

JamesGatz

Using reflexology baldness can be mitigated or hair loss can be mitigated by tapping each of the five main fingers on your left hand. Each finger corresponds to the skull or the top chakra. In this chakra you can influence the growth because each of your fine main five main digit fingers influence the levels of minerals in the body the thumb is vitamin A /zinc the first finger is vitamin b Cobalt the third middle finger is vitamin c /iron the ring finger is vitamin d calcium and the pinky finger is represented by vitamin e / selenium. If you tap these fingers within a one second beat not too fast that is said to help the pituitary and the top of the head. The reason this works is because it's reflexology everything in the body is a reflex point to everything else the fingers and the fingernails specifically reflex to the top of the head.

By the way I quoted you because you may like this out of the box stuff. To repeat, it has to do with the Chinese reflex system you would have to study more reflexology to get better understanding I only have a basic tidbit that I shared with this hand thing.
Very interesting - I am definitely going to look into this tonight - I always like looking up and experimenting with these types of ideas

JamesGatz

I thought I would share something interesting I found today:

Anything that I do that shoots up my GABA ends in me losing strands so

Honey
Taking high-dose isolated B-vitamins (B1,B3)
etc.

And anything that antagonizes GABA that I take makes my hair look very thick

Pansterone
Pineapple (high Maganese content)
Lots of protein (high glutamate which then antagonizes GABA downstream)
coffee lowers GABA as well
AND
cigarettes lower GABA

I was talking to redsun yesterday and learned the following:

"GABA opposes glutamate, dopamine, norepinephrine, and cholinergic neurotransmission. Less dopamine neurotransmission means less sexual motivation. Low glutamate neurotransmission will lead to low sex hormones. Glutamate stimulates dopamine so it really starts with glutamate. Too much GABA reduces glutamate neurotransmission to stimulate sex hormone production and dopamine.

So yes if your GABA is too high your androgens will be lower as well as dopamine."

Although I don't think I would say High/Low GABA directly causes hairloss - could it's downstream effects signal to the root cause ?

I notice when my serotonin is high I also lose strands so maybe both of these situations have something they trigger downstream that is a common factor

Shackles

:D So do you know the mechanism of milk and light have helped you. I reckon It's that they have increased your androgens. What else couldit be.
A mechanism? hmm, maybe that calcium can lower PTH? Or that the fats and sugar (lactose and the bit of white sugar I add) could allow for a better oxidative state of my cells. There is a possibility that the cells around my scalp have shifted to a state of reduction back to "normal" oxidation.
It could also be my avoidal of problematic foods or PUFAs which were creating a lot of inflammatory Prostaglandins. I am not sure what fixed it, but it is fixed

HighT

Thanks.
lion_mane_old_opinion_wisdom_40309_1920x1080.jpg

@Shackles IRL

johnwester130

These are my thoughts on the causes of hair loss - another user posted this video on a thread of mine which I found very interesting - credit to @emac for posting this:

He address in the video the 2 things that people seem to really question in hair loss
- the horseshoe hair loss pattern that tends to be followed
- as well as that some people just seem to be immune to hair loss no matter what they do

View attachment 30837

View attachment 30836

In the video I interpret as Skeletal Class 2 structures are the most prone to hair loss since the maxilla protrudes on the mandible so what ends up happening is the mandible ends up occluding on the Superficial Temporal Artery - blocking blood flow partially to the frontal areas of the skull (in the diagram if you notice the STA artery on the left side reaches the front part of the skull) - for skeletal class 1 and skeletal class 3 skulls since the mandible is more forward it makes the person less likely to have the mandible occlude on the STA

The right side of the STA which goes to the back of the skull (the donor site for hair surgery) never seems to go bald in anyone - that is the most interesting part I find - looking at the diagram it would make sense that the frontal part of the skull would be the part to begin losing hair if the mandible was occluding on the artery

View attachment 30838

This is an example he utilizes for complete occlusion of the STA - going fully bald

for partial occlusion of the STA - only going bald in the frontal region

View attachment 30839

But then there is other points that users brought up which is high metabolism/low gut serotonin seems to result in great hair -

I do think that high metabolism consistently/low gut serotonin naturally results in better healthier forward growth - so the mandible comes out more forward and in healthier people it doesn't occlude as much on the STA - I'll link to the video down below - he does a really great exercise which I will timestamp for people to try out to see if it helps but the whole video is worth watching

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VF2ARMU-_4&t=798s&ab_channel=BaldingbyBrianDye

their hair looks okay

gr7.jpg

carriere-fig-02.jpg

f6cea338dd169707c5d5b9915b58edeb6cd4cb9d.jpg

gr1a.jpg

gr1.jpg

mrchibbs

@johnwester130

This is a bit like the argument "my friend eats fast food all the time and still has his hair". I don't think it disproves or discredit the notion that maloclusion can be a factor in hair loss.

Clearly there are massive physiological and epigenetic differences from individuals to individuals. It seems clear to me that there are a variety of factors driving it and they all vary to certain degrees among different individuals.