Logan-

What are the most important things to do (and not to do) to prevent hair loss in men?

opethfeldt

Testosterone, progesterone and DHT high. Estrogen, cortisol, prolactin and serotonin low. Suppress excess adrenal activity. Bit over simplified maybe but I really do think it's that simple. How you go about achieving that can vary. Once you achieve a couple of those, the rest tend to fall into place.

OP
L

Logan-

What are the most important causes of male pattern baldness?

OP
L

Logan-

People have mentioned tissue calcification as being an important factor in hair loss; if so, high calcium to phosphorus ratio, high vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium etc. could be helpful.

Shackles

What are the most important things to do (and not to do) to prevent hair loss in men?
Peat's advice of drinking a lot of milk and exposing yourself to a lot of sun light may sound like meager advice in the shadow of all those "hairloss drugs" like finasteride or hormones like Progesterone but it is actually sound advice.
Let this be said from a man who was shedding hair like it was his job but has completely stopped it, this is good advice and should not be underestimated. I would like to bet that if I could time travel back to 12 years of age and start doing a milk and fruit juice diet only, going outside frequently and using maybe even UV and redlight lamps at the desk (when you do work or play games), I could have stopped any onset of balding. I am sure of that for my particular case but people differ.

I need to add that drinking a bit of milk before bed and eating breakfast is a must for me. No fasting period would be ideal but it also binds you to this. If I skip breakfast and go without food until afternoon then a lot of hairs are falling out

K

Kayaker

Peat's advice of drinking a lot of milk and exposing yourself to a lot of sun light may sound like meager advice in the shadow of all those "hairloss drugs" like finasteride or hormones like Progesterone but it is actually sound advice.
Let this be said from a man who was shedding hair like it was his job but has completely stopped it, this is good advice and should not be underestimated. I would like to bet that if I could time travel back to 12 years of age and start doing a milk and fruit juice diet only, going outside frequently and using maybe even UV and redlight lamps at the desk (when you do work or play games), I could have stopped any onset of balding. I am sure of that for my particular case but people differ.
What lights do you use at your desk? The reptile ones?

Shackles

What lights do you use at your desk? The reptile ones?
Luckily enough I have a low hanging chandelier directly above my head. It also has 6 sockets for bulbs so you can imagine that my desk is highly lit. I wanted to dabble into those UV lamps at first so I started with a 25w UVB bulb. I am (was?) sensitive to sunlight, it burnt me quickly and made me stressed. When I started using the lamp the skin exposed to it the most actually got a "sunburn" (upper forehead, shoulders and area between chest and abs).
In one of those sockets I also use a red light brooder lamp haha. I do not know the electricity bill unfortunately but I guess it shot up a bit.
If this UVB lamp breaks then I might replace it for a mercury vapor lamp.

Shackles

Luckily enough I have a low hanging chandelier directly above my head. It also has 6 sockets for bulbs so you can imagine that my desk is highly lit. I wanted to dabble into those UV lamps at first so I started with a 25w UVB bulb. I am (was?) sensitive to sunlight, it burnt me quickly and made me stressed. When I started using the lamp the skin exposed to it the most actually got a "sunburn" (upper forehead, shoulders and area between chest and abs).
In one of those sockets I also use a red light brooder lamp haha. I do not know the electricity bill unfortunately but I guess it shot up a bit.
I tolerate the UVB lamp very well now, it only took like 2 weeks of adjustment. A "problem" would be that the UV and red light might actually deplete liver glycogen quickly so I always keep a glass jar with a liter warm milk on the side.

K

Kayaker

Wow. So you can literally tan using low-intensity UVB bulbs. I unfortunately don't have a chandelier, but I believe it would be worth it to build some sort of overhead fixture with UVB bulbs over my bed.

I like those brooder lamps as well. I'm not familiar with mercury vapor. It's obscure, and I didn't see its light spectrum compared to other lights, such as incandescent, LED, halogen, and CFL.

Shackles

Wow. So you can literally tan using low-intensity UVB bulbs. I unfortunately don't have a chandelier, but I believe it would be worth it to build some sort of overhead fixture with UVB bulbs over my bed.

I like those brooder lamps as well. I'm not familiar with mercury vapor. It's obscure, and I didn't see its light spectrum compared to other lights, such as incandescent, LED, halogen, and CFL.
Many say that UVA is more effective at giving a tan than UVB. Although I have noticed better colour. But my lamp may be too weak to even produce a lot of vitamin D in comparsion to how long I sit below it.

K

Kayaker

I tolerate the UVB lamp very well now, it only took like 2 weeks of adjustment. A "problem" would be that the UV and red light might actually deplete liver glycogen quickly so I always keep a glass jar with a liter warm milk on the side.
I always keep milk with me regardless.

K

Kayaker

Many say that UVA is more effective at giving a tan than UVB. Although I have noticed better colour. But my lamp may be too weak to even produce a lot of vitamin D in comparsion to how long I sit below it.
I'm not familiar with the difference between UVA and UVB. So I guess tanning salons use UVA. Reptile bulbs mostly have UVB, alongside a full spectrum.

JamesGatz

These are my thoughts on the causes of hair loss - another user posted this video on a thread of mine which I found very interesting - credit to @emac for posting this:

He address in the video the 2 things that people seem to really question in hair loss
- the horseshoe hair loss pattern that tends to be followed
- as well as that some people just seem to be immune to hair loss no matter what they do

Screenshot (174).png

Screenshot (178).png

In the video I interpret as Skeletal Class 2 structures are the most prone to hair loss since the maxilla protrudes on the mandible so what ends up happening is the mandible ends up occluding on the Superficial Temporal Artery - blocking blood flow partially to the frontal areas of the skull (in the diagram if you notice the STA artery on the left side reaches the front part of the skull) - for skeletal class 1 and skeletal class 3 skulls since the mandible is more forward it makes the person less likely to have the mandible occlude on the STA

The right side of the STA which goes to the back of the skull (the donor site for hair surgery) never seems to go bald in anyone - that is the most interesting part I find - looking at the diagram it would make sense that the frontal part of the skull would be the part to begin losing hair if the mandible was occluding on the artery

Screenshot (176).png

This is an example he utilizes for complete occlusion of the STA - going fully bald

for partial occlusion of the STA - only going bald in the frontal region

Screenshot (177).png

But then there is other points that users brought up which is high metabolism/low gut serotonin seems to result in great hair -

I do think that high metabolism consistently/low gut serotonin naturally results in better healthier forward growth - so the mandible comes out more forward and in healthier people it doesn't occlude as much on the STA - I'll link to the video down below - he does a really great exercise which I will timestamp for people to try out to see if it helps but the whole video is worth watching

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VF2ARMU-_4&t=798s&ab_channel=BaldingbyBrianDye

Last edited:

JamesGatz

These are my thoughts on the causes of hair loss - another user posted this video on a thread of mine which I found very interesting - credit to @emac for posting this:

He address in the video the 2 things that people seem to really question in hair loss
- the horseshoe hair loss pattern that tends to be followed
- as well as that some people just seem to be immune to hair loss no matter what they do

View attachment 30837

View attachment 30836

In the video I interpret as Skeletal Class 2 structures are the most prone to hair loss since the maxilla protrudes on the mandible so what ends up happening is the mandible ends up occluding on the Superficial Temporal Artery - blocking blood flow partially to the frontal areas of the skull (in the diagram if you notice the STA artery on the left side reaches the front part of the skull) - for skeletal class 1 and skeletal class 3 skulls since the mandible is more forward it makes the person less likely to have the mandible occlude on the STA

The right side of the STA which goes to the back of the skull (the donor site for hair surgery) never seems to go bald in anyone - that is the most interesting part I find - looking at the diagram it would make sense that the frontal part of the skull would be the part to begin losing hair if the mandible was occluding on the artery

View attachment 30838

This is an example he utilizes for complete occlusion of the STA - going fully bald

for partial occlusion of the STA - only going bald in the frontal region

View attachment 30839

But then there is other points that users brought up which is high metabolism/low gut serotonin seems to result in great hair -

I do think that high metabolism consistently/low gut serotonin naturally results in better healthier forward growth - so the mandible comes out more forward and in healthier people it doesn't occlude as much on the STA - I'll link to the video down below - he does a really great exercise which I will timestamp for people to try out to see if it helps but the whole video is worth watching

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VF2ARMU-_4&t=798s&ab_channel=BaldingbyBrianDye

I should also mention this for other people to experiment with this and see if it helps:

Try making an outward duck face - like if you are imitating the girl I am posting below - you see how her lips look like they were made for kissing - like if they are outward and it looks like she is just trying to kiss somebody 24/7

Try imitating her face - you should feel it be a lot easier to breathe and I find that it does help a lot in freeing the STA from the mandible - by making the face and holding it like this you should be generating a lot of force from the buccinator muscles for some excellent forward growth on your jaws - freeing them from occluding on your breathing and the STA artery so it should help a lot with hair blood flow as well

1.png
Screenshot (179).png

K

Kayaker

I haven't heard of people balding because of microclots from the vaxx. If blood flow is really so variable, there should have been many reports of this. Also, I believe DHT causes skull expansion, which leads to MPB.

JamesGatz

I haven't heard of people balding because of microclots from the vaxx. If blood flow is really so variable, there should have been many reports of this. Also, I believe DHT causes skull expansion, which leads to MPB.
That's true - I do find that theory the most interesting but I find the subject to be bizarre - if my gut serotonin is high I will lose a few strands - If I'm on the computer for too long the same will occur - When my metabolism is great my hair is perfect but my mandible also seems to be considerably more forward when this happens so I can't tell what really could be driving it - I look for commonalities in men who are bald and it's difficult for me to pinpoint it

K

Kayaker

That's true - I do find that theory the most interesting but I find the subject to be bizarre - if my gut serotonin is high I will lose a few strands - If I'm on the computer for too long the same will occur - When my metabolism is great my hair is perfect but my mandible also seems to be considerably more forward when this happens so I can't tell what really could be driving it - I look for commonalities in men who are bald and it's difficult for me to pinpoint it
Which may directly increase serotonin through EMF exposure. Not to mention, EMF messes with your brain function, so whatever you're trying to do is harder and therefore more stressful. Much like trying to walk in a straight line while sober is nearly effortless, but while drunk it requires a lot of effort. Although Peat said he doesn't have any wireless in his home, I believe he underestimates how tremendous of an impact it has, especially in people who live in cities. I plan to test my keyboard, mouse, and monitor once I find a good EMF meter. It's exponentially better than using a phone with wifi, but I believe EMF exposure can still be reduced.

JamesGatz

Which may directly increase serotonin through EMF exposure. Not to mention, EMF messes with your brain function, so whatever you're trying to do is harder and therefore more stressful. Much like trying to walk in a straight line while sober is nearly effortless, but while drunk it requires a lot of effort. Although Peat said he doesn't have any wireless in his home, I believe he underestimates how tremendous of an impact it has, especially in people who live in cities. I plan to test my keyboard, mouse, and monitor once I find a good EMF meter. It's exponentially better than using a phone with wifi, but I believe EMF exposure can still be reduced.
Yes I completely agree - My EMF set-up is extensive I have a film on top of my computer to deflect the screen from my face - it's really interesting without the film I become very forgetful of things the difference is so strong - all of my keyboards and mice are wired too - I wish I was rich so I could buy a projector for a computer - I think that is an awesome setup to have to completely avoid this - maybe in the future

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals