Preventing/reversing The Deterioration Of The Vitreous Humor

shepherdgirl

Just found out I had a vitreous detachment in my eye. It is quite common in myopics and older people. This woke me up to the fact that the liquefaction of the vitreous humor is the cause of many eye issues in older people. How to preserve the vitreous?
My first thought was that maybe the VH could deteriorate as the water in the body becomes disorganized. The ordered gel starts to break down and liquefy.
I would appreciate any thoughts on how to preserve the eyes and the vitreous as we age. I wonder if there is anything I can do to renew my eyes at this point.
Thank you.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
My mother had detached vitreous. I don’t know when it started and the ophthalmologist she saw didn’t seem to think there was anything to do. So I don’t have any insight on that. But recently my husband developed a large spidery floater in one eye. A coworker mentioned that dehydration can be a cause so he upped his water intake and it went away. It might be worth a try.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

Thanks @Dolomite - that is interesting that it went away after he drank more fluids. I have had a few floaters which are not in my field of sight anymore. I think the only one I have right now is from the detachment, and it's in the thick part of my VH. I think because it is in the thick part, drinking more water would not help. But it's small and is not bothering me.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

@ecstatichamster
I don't remember what I had in mind when I posted that, but HA reputedly helps with eye floaters, so perhaps it is helping the vitreous in some way.
Also found this abstract:

OP
S

shepherdgirl

@ecstatichamster
see post above

Also a thought - would the Pauling Protocol restore collagen the eye has lost? What types of collagen does it restore? I recently posted an essay from someone who had tried the Hannah Yoseph program for Sjogrens(Sjögren's syndrome) . One person who was successful with this program said that the Pauling Protocol really helped her. Although they talk about the Pauling Protocol healing the gut - I believe it could actually help the eyes as well.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

And if Pauling Protocol helps the blood vessels, stomach and eyes, what about the rest of the body? The knee? The bones? Etc.

@ecstatichamster
see post above

Also a thought - would the Pauling Protocol restore collagen the eye has lost? What types of collagen does it restore? I recently posted an essay from someone who had tried the Hannah Yoseph program for Sjogrens(Sjögren's syndrome) . One person who was successful with this program said that the Pauling Protocol really helped her. Although they talk about the Pauling Protocol healing the gut - I believe it could actually help the eyes as well.

thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals