Preventing miscarriage advice

tseri12

Has anyone heard or tried Zi Su Ye, a chinese herb medicine that can prevent misscarriage and help when sick? i’m going to be trying for a baby start of 2022 after having a miscarriage in 2020 and really scared about not carrying to full term again. any advice would be appreciated<3

Gustav3Y

Around here doctors prescribe progesterone (actually synthetic analogues of progesterone) to avoid miscarriage or if already there was a miscarriage.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

Around here doctors prescribe progesterone (actually synthetic analogues of progesterone) to avoid miscarriage or if already there was a miscarriage.
i do plan on taking progesterone when pregnant and low dose aspirin

aliml

Serotonin causes miscarriage.

What else can cause elevated serotonin?

Iron overload
Copper deficiency
Low sodium
Intestinal irritation
Endotoxin
Hypothyroidism
Progesterone deficiency
Consuming PUFA, fruits high in serotonin, like bananas, pineapples and tomatoes, and foods high in tryptophan when you're already overloaded
Supplements
Medications

OP
tseri12

tseri12

i do plan on taking progesterone when pregnant and low dose aspirin. making sure i
Serotonin causes miscarriage.

What else can cause elevated serotonin?

Iron overload
Copper deficiency
Low sodium
Intestinal irritation
Endotoxin
Hypothyroidism
Progesterone deficiency
Consuming PUFA, fruits high in serotonin, like bananas, pineapples and tomatoes, and foods high in tryptophan when you're already overloaded
Supplements
Medications

should i start taking cyprohetadine to lower seratonin? i’ve been trying to increase dopamine by having raw egg yolk with coffee, gelatin, and cacao

Beastmode

i do plan on taking progesterone when pregnant and low dose aspirin
If you're getting the proper amount and good fuel, some supplemental T3 might be of use.

The progesterone is still underrated in how much a woman can take during pregnancy. Every pregnant friend I've suggested all had great success, but only used it when they felt "off." It's so protective for the fetus. Also, the period where miscarriages typically happen, is the most critical for making sure there's enough progesterone in the system. If a healthy non pregnant woman makes 20-30 mg per day, imagine what a pregnant woman needs.

I still say that it was what allowed us to have our healthy little one.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

If you're getting the proper amount and good fuel, some supplemental T3 might be of use.

The progesterone is still underrated in how much a woman can take during pregnancy. Every pregnant friend I've suggested all had great success, but only used it when they felt "off." It's so protective for the fetus. Also, the period where miscarriages typically happen, is the most critical for making sure there's enough progesterone in the system. If a healthy non pregnant woman makes 20-30 mg per day, imagine what a pregnant woman needs.

I still say that it was what allowed us to have our healthy little one.
i did get a thyroid panel done twice in the last year and everything looked great. i have been trying to get my health in better shape to prepare for baby. but do still have estrogen dominance. i take progesterone everyday from the day of ovulation to first day of my cycle currently.

Maybe you already know about this, and it's not a recommendation to prevent miscarriage specifically; but a good article:

Beastmode

i did get a thyroid panel done twice in the last year and everything looked great. i have been trying to get my health in better shape to prepare for baby. but do still have estrogen dominance. i take progesterone everyday from the day of ovulation to first day of my cycle currently.
Great! A thyroid panel won't give you the complete picture. Body temp, pulse, etc are worth considering as the blood levels don't indicate tissue levels. If you're estrogen dominant, there's a good chance your thyroid isn't functioning high.

The fact that you're making an effort to be best prepared to make/have a baby, I would consider looking more into the subject via Peat's articles, possibly even emailing him directly about your plans.

My wife's levels were "normal," however she was very estrogen dominant. When I started taking her morning body temp and pulse, they were both being driven by a "stressed" system. 30-45 min after breakfast they would both drop down. A healthy person should have both #'s go up steadily after a meal. Just a small example, but hope that's helpful.

Eating the carrot salad daily, on it's own, can be helpful with removing the excess estrogen. Also, most women don't eat enough protein per day which helps as well.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

Great! A thyroid panel won't give you the complete picture. Body temp, pulse, etc are worth considering as the blood levels don't indicate tissue levels. If you're estrogen dominant, there's a good chance your thyroid isn't functioning high.

The fact that you're making an effort to be best prepared to make/have a baby, I would consider looking more into the subject via Peat's articles, possibly even emailing him directly about your plans.

My wife's levels were "normal," however she was very estrogen dominant. When I started taking her morning body temp and pulse, they were both being driven by a "stressed" system. 30-45 min after breakfast they would both drop down. A healthy person should have both #'s go up steadily after a meal. Just a small example, but hope that's helpful.

Eating the carrot salad daily, on it's own, can be helpful with removing the excess estrogen. Also, most women don't eat enough protein per day which helps as well.
yes, i track my pulses and temps after i eat. mostly 98.6-99 and resting pulses stay around 78-84. i haven’t taken it as soon as i wake. but thank you i appreciate the advice!!! i have a very hard time eating carrots, i hate the taste and texture. i’ve been trying bamboo shoots but can u blend the carrots or have carrot juice?

Beastmode

yes, i track my pulses and temps after i eat. mostly 98.6-99 and resting pulses stay around 78-84. i haven’t taken it as soon as i wake. but thank you i appreciate the advice!!! i have a very hard time eating carrots, i hate the taste and texture. i’ve been trying bamboo shoots but can u blend the carrots or have carrot juice?
If you're not getting the morning pulse and heart rate first thing, you might be missing some very important data to compare to the rest of the day.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

If you're not getting the morning pulse and heart rate first thing, you might be missing some very important data to compare to the rest of the day.
okay i’ll start doing that, is there a reference i can look at to show healthy ranges throughout the day?

Beastmode

okay i’ll start doing that, is there a reference i can look at to show healthy ranges throughout the day?
I can take a look for something Peat has written or said that summarizes all this, but like most here, it's a cumulative understanding from reading, listening an applying this understanding. This one is short and possibly helpful:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nf9ffnIjYc

Here's a good collection of quotes by Ray on the subject: Ray Peat, PhD on Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse, and TSH – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Typically, having a body temp in the high 97 range is probably ideal and a pulse in the 70's range. It's more important to see how it changes to the next reading (i.e- after eating 30-45 min) to see what's going on.

As @Gustav3Y mentioned, the ones you posted are quite good. However, it's a good idea to see how they fluctuate throughout the day as those #'s you share still could be driven by stress.

OP
tseri12

tseri12

Those temps are quite good, to say the
I can take a look for something Peat has written or said that summarizes all this, but like most here, it's a cumulative understanding from reading, listening an applying this understanding. This one is short and possibly helpful:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nf9ffnIjYc

Here's a good collection of quotes by Ray on the subject: Ray Peat, PhD on Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse, and TSH – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Typically, having a body temp in the high 97 range is probably ideal and a pulse in the 70's range. It's more important to see how it changes to the next reading (i.e- after eating 30-45 min) to see what's going on.

As @Gustav3Y mentioned, the ones you posted are quite good. However, it's a good idea to see how they fluctuate throughout the day as those #'s you share still could be driven by stress.

okay thank you so much, this is all really good information!

Stifler

Yes I strongly agree with this - interestingly enough the studies I was looking at seemed to increase Progesterone blood serum in male fetusus only - in the female fetus it slightly decreased Progesterone Blood Serum interestingly enough - the study was posted in the thread asking if the sex of a baby is really 50/50 at conception

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals