Pressure Cooker For Faster Meat Cooking

Aymen

Pressure cooker is helpful to make foods cook faster.
Does cooking Beef oxtail or Lamb Shanks in a pressure cooker for 1 hour enough to release the gelatin ?
i see that normal cooking take about 3 to 4 hours to release the gelatin ...
What do you guys think ?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Pressure cooker is helpful to make foods cook faster.
Does cooking Beef oxtail or Lamb Shanks in a pressure cooker for 1 hour enough to release the gelatin ?
i see that normal cooking take about 3 to 4 hours to release the gelatin ...
What do you guys think ?
Oxtails seem to turn out well for me when I cook them in my pressure cooker for an hour. I have a pretty cheap pressure cooker and the broth gels up firmly after being stored in the refrigerator.

OP
A

Aymen

Oxtails seem to turn out well for me when I cook them in my pressure cooker for an hour. I have a pretty cheap pressure cooker and the broth gels up firmly after being stored in the refrigerator.
I have an old one which is cheap too , like this one : http://khareedloshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Sonex-15-Liter-–-Classic-Pressure-Cooker-–-Metal-Finish.jpg
i don't store it in the fridge more than one day , i usually eat some of it when it's done and eat the rest in the next day.
also i noticed that before i put it in the fridge i can see the concentrated broth so maybe next time when i cook it i will let it cool down for 4 hours and then eat some of it and leave the rest for the next day , maybe i will get more gelatin doing that .

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Blossom

Forum Supporter
re-read please , i edited my answer .
i,m planning to buy the electric one , it seems better.
Cool. I set mine at the highest pressure setting and longest length of time which is 30 minutes and just repeat it for another 30 minutes after the first cooking cycle. I tried less pressure and time but it didn’t work out. It might have with a higher quality pressure cooker though. Hopefully some others will share their experiences too.

OP
A

Aymen

Cool. I set mine at the highest pressure setting and longest length of time which is 30 minutes and just repeat it for another 30 minutes after the first cooking cycle. I tried less pressure and time but it didn’t work out. It might have with a higher quality pressure cooker though. Hopefully some others will share their experiences too.
yes but they are expensive .

Blossom

Forum Supporter
yes but they are expensive .
My brother bought the one I have for my parents for $69 USD. I’m sure that’s about as cheap as you can find where I live. It has served it’s purpose decently once I learned I had to always put it on the highest setting and cook everything longer than recommended in the owners manual. :)

OP
A

Aymen

My brother bought the one I have for my parents for $69 USD. I’m sure that’s about as cheap as you can find where I live. It has served it’s purpose decently once I learned I had to always put it on the highest setting and cook everything longer than recommended in the owners manual. :)
yes always put in high heat and with pressure cooker i think less water is required , if i cook lamb i put many veggies with it and with less water than normal cooking and that's better , i don't drink water but just use it to cook .

Elize

I use a stove top pressure cooker to make my own gelatin/collagen by cooking bones 4 pounds in 4 cups of water for 1 hour 50 minutes. This will be histamine free. Histamine is released after 2 hours I am told. Thus ciokinc bones, veggies and meat will be good that way too. I then use just 1 and a half cups of water.

Elize

OP
A

Aymen

I use a stove top pressure cooker to make my own gelatin/collagen by cooking bones 4 pounds in 4 cups of water for 1 hour 50 minutes. This will be histamine free. Histamine is released after 2 hours I am told. Thus ciokinc bones, veggies and meat will be good that way too. I then use just 1 and a half cups of water.

Elize
thank you .

Elize

You are welcome.

Use good quality beef bones and not marrow bones. After cooking strain and remove bones. Leave to cool in fridge overnight. Remove the solidified lard. I cook with it or make bird treats for the garden animals. Cut the gelatin into cubes and freeze them individually an. Use as needed

Best wishes

Elize

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals