Prepare Greens Properly

Kevin Meirs

Hey,

in an interview Ray mentioned that properly prepared greens have essentially the same protein and mineral content as milk but they have to be prepared properly.
What does that mean? I am talking about frozen spinach, frozen kale, frozen broccoli.
Should I thouroughly rinse it before cooking even though they are frozen and most likely already washed?
How long shoud I cook them?
Do I need to skim anything off?

How about potatoes?
As far s I understand potatoes are just fine if one tolerates nightshades.
How long do I have to cook them?

Kevin

Dobbler

Potatoes peel them well because most lectins and toxins are at skin. Then either boil/steam them well or cook in oven. I personally eat leaves like spinach raw because i dont want to lose precious nutrients. Broccoli is pretty hard to digest raw so i would either steam them or cook in pan.

johnsmith

Should the amount of gas one gets from cooked greens be the determining factor in whether they should eat the greens or just drink the broth?

Last edited:

boris

Potatoes peel them well because most lectins and toxins are at skin. Then either boil/steam them well or cook in oven. I personally eat leaves like spinach raw because i dont want to lose precious nutrients. Broccoli is pretty hard to digest raw so i would either steam them or cook in pan.

There was this experiment where they fed rodents raw vs cooked vegetables. The raw group wasted away. The cooked group thrived. Cooking vegetables breaks down the cellulose which we can’t digest and actually makes nutrients more available to us.

I don‘t know how to find this study but Peat mentions it often.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals