Pregnenolone

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am about to start supplementing with pregnenolone. Any tips on taking it, what time, how much? Anything to watch out for?

stevensmith

How old are you. There's a good chance that if you're young, you wont feel anything from it. But if you are stressed, it could help. For males, I suggest about 100mg for a few days, then take some time off til one feels stressed again. For me, plain old dessicated thyroid and lots of sugar is more regulating and beneficial, but to each his/her own.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am 36 and stupidly stressed out even though I know I shouldnt be so stressed out. lol Should I take this at night?

Thyroid is my next step. I will make a thread about that soon.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
holy moly! i just took some pregnenolone and i think i felt it working instantly. or maybe i am imagining things i dunno.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
i am already experiencing the face lift effect. this stuff is amazing. and i feel a lot calmer then usual. almost euphoric. :shock:

stevensmith

Charlie, I think that you should stick to taking preg in the am, as it can make you energized. You certainly benefit from it at your age. But I wouldn't take it every day forever. cycle it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
cycle is like weekly maybe? i was kinda worried about my body becoming addicted to this stuff.

Mastemah

You cant become addicted to preg...you can become very euphoric!
50mg a day or 300mg once a week is pretty standard. You know yu dont need as much when you dont feel anything. If you have a quality supp 100mg to 1000mg once in a while for a serious stressful event can work wonders...

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mastemah, thank you. I have definitely gotten the euphoric effect from it, also the face lift effect.

I am only taking around 40mg a day right now. I did 4 days on, 1 day off.

What about cycling it? Should you do something like 1 week on, 1 week off?

cliff

I was taking it daily pretty consistently for a month or 2 and recently stopped taking it because I ran out. I haven't run into any issues so far. I think it helps when I am surfing for many hours a day multiple days in a row but its hard to tell, definitely no negative side effects though. I don't think there is really any need to cycle it as its a pretty safe hormone.

I would take about 50mg 2-3 times a day.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow thanks cliff! I am taking around 50mg a day now. I am going to bump it up to 100 and see how it goes. :thumbup:

stevensmith

I tend to think that the concentrations of pregnenolone in animal brains was so high and so frequently consumed by indigenous populations, that its just as common as the consumption of thyroid was. Hence, it's not "cheating" if you take it, and if anything, possibly the deficiency of it from not eating those animal parts, is a problem today.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yesterday my hair started falling out like crazy!!! :thumbdown: :crazy: :wtf:

Before I started taking the pregnenolone I read that it could make your hair fall out. Ugggh!!! So needless to say I am backing down a bit, I was taking 150mg's in the morning, I am dropping down to 40mg's a few days and see what happens. Hopefully I will still have some hair left by then. :lol:

can u please post a reference for this hair stuff Charlie?

btw I am not sure if its a good idea to take pregnenolon every day, particular if you are not old. Some pregnenolon can support its own synthesis, but in the long run I am not sure..

here is a quote from peat who took it every day for a long time:
"After using pregnenolone for several years, I noticed that the slack skin and other signs of aging were coming back." And then he tried to increase the dosis and used more coconut oil and light to increase his pregnenonol synthesis.

If you are young I would take it just for some weeks or months and then stop if it has improved your organism/skin/etc.. If u have the feeling that it does rather nothing, I wouldnt take it because then u dont need it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Close to Nature, welcome to the forum! :wave: Thanks for chiming in.

I have read it in several places. If you do a quick google search for "pregnenolone hair loss" you will see it happens very often.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&gs ... 47&bih=671

I am definitely going to take a different route now. Only taking it maybe a couple days a week and at a very small dose. It definitely does have an effect on me. I had my greatest night sleep ever while dosing up on pregnenolone. I would like to think thats gonna happen again! :lol:

thx charlie,

looks like hair loss appear sometimes if people take a too high dose or take it for too long time (like many years).

How much mg u took for having a better sleep? Improved Sleep seems to be a well known effect of pregnenolone and its one of the reasons why I am thinking about a supplementation too. I have some problems with falling into sleep. For better sleep some people recommend to take it in the morning but I dont know why.

I am not sure what dose I should use.. In generative energy peat recommends to start with 100mg and maybe go up to 150mg. But I have read that some people even get some positiv reactions from only 10mg. But because I am only 21 years old I would take it just for some weeks in hope to improve my own pregnenolone synthesis.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I believe I was taking 100mgs a day when I got the great nights sleep. I to have a horrible time trying to shut down at night and fall asleep, its really frustrating. But that one night, once I got to sleep, I woke back up thinking its was around 2 or 3 AM in the morning, no, it was around 8:30am. I was freaking out cold, didn't wake up to go pee, nothing, out like a light. Of course though, hasn't happened again like that. :wtf:

I am going to try a lower dose of around 40-50mgs now two or three days a week and see how that goes. I was all the way up to 150mgs, then the hair started falling out at a really fast rate. The only thing though, I had started taking Vitamin A and Vitamin E at the same time as pregnenolone. So maybe, just maybe, it was the vitamin A or E that did it. So I have stopped both, and only taking the pregnenolone now. I will report how it goes.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Close to Nature said:
thx charlie,

looks like hair loss appear sometimes if people take a too high dose or take it for too long time (like many years).

How much mg u took for having a better sleep? Improved Sleep seems to be a well known effect of pregnenolone and its one of the reasons why I am thinking about a supplementation too. I have some problems with falling into sleep. For better sleep some people recommend to take it in the morning but I dont know why.

I am not sure what dose I should use.. In generative energy peat recommends to start with 100mg and maybe go up to 150mg. But I have read that some people even get some positiv reactions from only 10mg. But because I am only 21 years old I would take it just for some weeks in hope to improve my own pregnenolone synthesis.

Close to Nature, I just received my Thyroid-S in the mail. Took my first dose and last night had the worst nights sleep in a long time. Today my temps are down, feel like crap, and also sore. So, I started researching and found the Natural Thyroid Hormone Yahoo group and they say if that happens, your adrenals are fatigued. They say symptoms include not being able to fall asleep at night. Wonderful! So basically they say you need to get a Dr. and run tests and be put on hydrocortisone. I am so upset I could cuss right now. If it isn't one thing its another. :thumbdown: I am not getting any help from my Dr. so I am pretty much screwed in that department.

Here is the link with the adrenal information below and an excerpt from the page with my answers in bold:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/adrenal-info/
1) Do you have a hard time falling asleep at night? YES!
2) Do you wake up frequently during the night? YES!
3) Do you have a hard time waking up in the morning early, or feeling refreshed? YES!
4) Do bright lights bother you more than they should? Hmm not sure about that.
5) Do you startle easily due to noise? YES!
6) When standing from sitting or from lying down, do you feel lightheaded or dizzy? Possibly yes.
7) Do you take things too seriously, and are easily defensive? Does a bear crap in the woods?
8 ) Do you feel you don’t cope well with certain people or events in your life? I refuse to answer this one publicly! :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin