Pregnenolone

Isadora said:
I quit playing with it too, especially after reading about hirsutism issues and not seeing any guarantee that those problems would go away easily. But maybe simply not taking pregnenolone anymore will do it -- not immediately, because that stuff will linger in the system for a while and get recycled, but in time... Supplementing with estrogen is surely not something you would consider... Progesterone also can turn into testosterone, so try to stay away from that one too if your body is taking that route with precursor hormones... Do everything Peat says not to do because it would increase estrogen, reverse engineer for a bit. :geek: And if you find a good way to get rid of the annoyances, please keep us posted!

Approximately how long will exogenous pregnenolone linger in the system?

Aussiepopeye

Just FYI, I just ordered preg from beyond a century and even though it states it won't ship to anywhere other than the U.S. It allowed me to send it through to sunny old Sydney. Yay :)

zooma

I just caught this today.

My excessive hair loss started about the same time I started taking 100mg Pregnenolone/day. :(
I really want to know what is happening here. When someone asked RP if pregnenolone could cause hair loss, he said no. But there are enough reports here and around the internet to think there is something to it.

I wonder if it is a sort of temporary shedding, but not actual hair loss. Presumably the people reporting this stopped using it very quickly.

bodacious

I really want to know what is happening here. When someone asked RP if pregnenolone could cause hair loss, he said no. But there are enough reports here and around the internet to think there is something to it.

I wonder if it is a sort of temporary shedding, but not actual hair loss. Presumably the people reporting this stopped using it very quickly.

I should add that pregnenolone is not the only factor for me. I've been under a ton of physical stress and my prolactin is very high

Ras

It is common for people to assume that any sudden shedding of scalp hair is "hair loss," as in "going bald." Howbeit this is not always so, wherefore it is good to take care in the thinking phase of the perceive, think, act triad.

Jsaute21

Have many on here used this temporarily with great success? Therefore, as sort of a temporary aid or "reset" to the system.

Grouble

For sleeping, progesterone helped me. Still use a long time before I drift into sleep, but the progesterone makes me sleep better; no awakening at 3-5 am anymore. From 5 hours now up to 8 in average.

johnwester130

thx charlie,

looks like hair loss appear sometimes if people take a too high dose or take it for too long time (like many years).

How much mg u took for having a better sleep? Improved Sleep seems to be a well known effect of pregnenolone and its one of the reasons why I am thinking about a supplementation too. I have some problems with falling into sleep. For better sleep some people recommend to take it in the morning but I dont know why.

I am not sure what dose I should use.. In generative energy peat recommends to start with 100mg and maybe go up to 150mg. But I have read that some people even get some positiv reactions from only 10mg. But because I am only 21 years old I would take it just for some weeks in hope to improve my own pregnenolone synthesis.

I suspect the hair loss is caused by Pregneniolone depleting glycine/taurine from the body and sending it all to the brain

Adelina

How old are you. There's a good chance that if you're young, you wont feel anything from it. But if you are stressed, it could help. For males, I suggest about 100mg for a few days, then take some time off til one feels stressed again. For me, plain old dessicated thyroid and lots of sugar is more regulating and beneficial, but to each his/her own.
I am 50 what dose should I take, and what kind, cream or pils are better??? Thanks

Adelina

For sleeping, progesterone helped me. Still use a long time before I drift into sleep, but the progesterone makes me sleep better; no awakening at 3-5 am anymore. From 5 hours now up to 8 in average.
How and when do you take it? Is it pils or cream? Thanks

mgrabs

I think I have figured out why I am having an immense amount of trouble going to sleep at night. It's because my body is making more adrenalin then it should to keep the core temperature up. The low temp is because the thyroid is in an energy crisis and not working correctly. The extra adrenalin therefore leads to extra cortisol.

It pretty much all came together today for me as I was reading Dr. Peats articles and listening to a radio show. So basically, we need to fix our thyroids so we can finally relax.

Here is some excerpts from one of the articles I read:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/th ... ties.shtml
"When an animal such as a squirrel approaches hibernation and is producing less carbon dioxide, the decrease in carbon dioxide releases serotonin, which slows respiration, lowers temperature, suppresses appetite, and produces torpor.

But in energy-deprived humans, increases of adrenalin oppose the hibernation reaction, alter energy production and the ability to relax, and to sleep deeply and with restorative effect."

"The basal metabolic rate, which is mainly governed by thyroid, roughly corresponds to the average body temperature. However, in hypothyroidism, there is an adaptive increase in the activity of the sympathetic nervous system, producing more adrenalin, which helps to maintain body temperature by causing vasoconstriction in the skin. In aging, menopause, and various stressful conditions, the increased adrenalin (and the increased cortisol production which is produced by excess adrenalin) causes a tendency to wake more easily, and to have less restful sleep."

You can also hear him talk about it at the audio at the link below. It starts around 29:30 with a lady calling in and he talks about it till around 36:20.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219
Does this mean supplementing thyroid is best for high cortisol/adrenal issues

Yesterday my hair started falling out like crazy!!! :thumbdown: :crazy: :wtf:

Before I started taking the pregnenolone I read that it could make your hair fall out. Ugggh!!! So needless to say I am backing down a bit, I was taking 150mg's in the morning, I am dropping down to 40mg's a few days and see what happens. Hopefully I will still have some hair left by then. :lol:
I just read this Charlie. Are you still taking Pregnenolone? When your hair fell out were you taking it orally? I bought StressNon and now you have me freaked out about it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just read this Charlie. Are you still taking Pregnenolone? When your hair fell out were you taking it orally? I bought StressNon and now you have me freaked out about it.
No I do not take it right now. But anytime I take something that moves my metabolism hard like pregnenolone, I will shed hair temporarily.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin