Pregnenolone

paramax

thank you very much Charlie !! very glad to be here with all of you.

Ready to share and experiment.

i am located in Guadalajara, Mexico, two months on Dr Peat suggestions.

trying to improve my metabolism using only the recomm foods, later i will use pregnenolone or cynoplus if needed
my wife is going to use the Progest-E.

big hug and healthy living !

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
A forum member from Mexico, too cool!!! The internet is pretty awesome at times!

I did have a fair bit of improvement with just the foods alone, so it DOES work. Now I have started venturing off into the supplements and it hasn't been a very good beginning at all. :thumbdown: Maybe I should just stick with the foods. :crazy:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Close to Nature said:
thx charlie,

looks like hair loss appear sometimes if people take a too high dose or take it for too long time (like many years).

How much mg u took for having a better sleep? Improved Sleep seems to be a well known effect of pregnenolone and its one of the reasons why I am thinking about a supplementation too. I have some problems with falling into sleep. For better sleep some people recommend to take it in the morning but I dont know why.

I am not sure what dose I should use.. In generative energy peat recommends to start with 100mg and maybe go up to 150mg. But I have read that some people even get some positiv reactions from only 10mg. But because I am only 21 years old I would take it just for some weeks in hope to improve my own pregnenolone synthesis.

I think I have figured out why I am having an immense amount of trouble going to sleep at night. It's because my body is making more adrenalin then it should to keep the core temperature up. The low temp is because the thyroid is in an energy crisis and not working correctly. The extra adrenalin therefore leads to extra cortisol.

It pretty much all came together today for me as I was reading Dr. Peats articles and listening to a radio show. So basically, we need to fix our thyroids so we can finally relax.

Here is some excerpts from one of the articles I read:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/th ... ties.shtml
"When an animal such as a squirrel approaches hibernation and is producing less carbon dioxide, the decrease in carbon dioxide releases serotonin, which slows respiration, lowers temperature, suppresses appetite, and produces torpor.

But in energy-deprived humans, increases of adrenalin oppose the hibernation reaction, alter energy production and the ability to relax, and to sleep deeply and with restorative effect."

"The basal metabolic rate, which is mainly governed by thyroid, roughly corresponds to the average body temperature. However, in hypothyroidism, there is an adaptive increase in the activity of the sympathetic nervous system, producing more adrenalin, which helps to maintain body temperature by causing vasoconstriction in the skin. In aging, menopause, and various stressful conditions, the increased adrenalin (and the increased cortisol production which is produced by excess adrenalin) causes a tendency to wake more easily, and to have less restful sleep."

You can also hear him talk about it at the audio at the link below. It starts around 29:30 with a lady calling in and he talks about it till around 36:20.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219

paramax

thank you Charlie for the coupon disscount, so useful for my pregnenolone!!

also trying to buy some Unique-E vitamin E ,,, a friend of mine will be in San Diego next week, she will bring some USANA vitamin e for me also.

cheers!!

Attachments

• Chris, smiling moon.jpg
    Chris, smiling moon.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Chris, still another smiling moon.jpg
    Chris, still another smiling moon.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Chris, yet another smiling.jpg
    Chris, yet another smiling.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 82
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

pete

Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/three-hormones.shtml

Pregnenolone is largely converted into two other "youth-associated" protective hormones, progesterone and DHEA. At the age of 30, both men and women produce roughly 30 to 50 mg. of pregnenolone daily. When taken orally, even in the powdered form, it is absorbed fairly well. One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone. It tends to improve function of the thyroid and other glands, and this "normalizing" effect on the other glands helps to account for its wide range of beneficial effects.

asajulian

Charlie, any update on your results with pregnenolone? How long has it been since you stopped? Has your hair loss abated?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I had to stop it again. It seems to increase my stress hormones although I am not 100% sure on that yet but eventually I will figure it out. As for my hair loss, that has stopped. It does seem to speed up if I take too much niacinamide. So now I only take little bits of niacinamide and there is no increased hair loss. I stopped the pregnenolone within the last 3 or 4 days. I had been taking it for a little over a week. I will start it back up again once I get my thyroid dose squared away.

boxjack

Basic physiology question: How does thyroid increase temperature? If it is through steroids and pregnenolone derived hormones, why would one supplement on thyroid rather than pregnenolone?

J

j.

boxjack said:
why would one supplement on thyroid rather than pregnenolone?

wild guess: missing the ideal amount of pregnenolone has more negative consequences than missing the ideal amount of thyroid?

kiran

boxjack said:
Basic physiology question: How does thyroid increase temperature? If it is through steroids and pregnenolone derived hormones, why would one supplement on thyroid rather than pregnenolone?

Thyroid increases temperature by increasing uncoupling proteins (UCPs). Increased steroid/hormone expression is another effect of thyroid hormone. Thyroid does many many things, only one of which is increased hormone production.

chris

How do you take pregnenolone? Do I just take alongside a meal, containing lots of sugar?

How long do you need to space between thyroid and preg?
Thanks.

jyb

I live in the UK and it seems challenging to order Beyond a Century pregnenolone that everyone recommends. So instead I ordered MRM pregnelonone

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Pregnenolone-5 ... -Caps/4645

which is not very pure since it contains microcrystalline cellulose. Do you know a way to filter the cellulose? Eg, will the pregnelonone be carried by water through a paper filter? Or if I put the powder under the tongue, will the pregnelonone go through allowing me to spit out the cellulose when its done?

chris

jyb said:
I live in the UK and it seems challenging to order Beyond a Century pregnenolone

I'm from UK, no problems ordering BAC preg.

chris

jyb said:
chris said:
jyb said:
I live in the UK and it seems challenging to order Beyond a Century pregnenolone

I'm from UK, no problems ordering BAC preg.

Where do you order it from?

http://www.beyond-a-century.com/Pregnen ... p_600.html

I know it said it doesn't ship outside of the US, I wasn't happy with the value for money of the preg capsules compared to the powder so just ordered the powder to see what would happen, the powder arrived. No questions, no problems.

Combie

I have been taking 50mg of Pregnenolone twice a day, and the effect on my anxiety is startling. I just dont have it anymore. Im more friendly, talking to random people, even hot hot chicks. Im whistling and singing all the time. I walk more slowly, with my head held high. Also, people are talking to me randomly, im getting sly looks and smiles off girls...Its amazing.

It may just be me, but i also appear to be gaining without training...Is that even possible??

I have also been nibbling a little bit of Thiroyd (the brand, not poor spelling!!) as well. Roughly at 6am, 3pm and before bed, 10pm or so. Id estimate half a grain a day total.

Niacinamide is next up....

jyb

Combie said:
I have been taking 50mg of Pregnenolone twice a day, and the effect on my anxiety is startling. I just dont have it anymore. Im more friendly, talking to random people, even hot hot chicks. Im whistling and singing all the time. I walk more slowly, with my head held high. Also, people are talking to me randomly, im getting sly looks and smiles off girls...Its amazing.

It may just be me, but i also appear to be gaining without training...Is that even possible??

I have also been nibbling a little bit of Thiroyd (the brand, not poor spelling!!) as well. Roughly at 6am, 3pm and before bed, 10pm or so. Id estimate half a grain a day total.

Niacinamide is next up....

When I first started the Peat diet (first without any supplement), I also gained while training equally or less as before. Within a day or two I felt differently while walking, more confidently with the shoulders taking more space outwards. My upper body volume increased quite fast (mostly muscles, it seems) - within a matter of weeks, relatives noticed I looked "athletic". I kept that shape ever since, even without training, although I'm still very hypo - a lot of lethargy remains despite my new physical appearance.

Combie

So im not losing it then!

Another thing ive noticed is is this; before i started really religiously supplementing, i could go ages and ages without eating if i wanted to. Now, my body is screaming at me - eat! eat! eat! In the same way it does after you lift heavy. Its caused me to stray from Peat approved foods though, so im really working on being more prepared. And my body is also letting me know in no uncertain terms when ive put something in there it doesnt like. I am not tempted to eat crap at all though. My dinner is in the oven and im ravenous. I just found a Blue Riband bar that my nephew left here last weekend. In days gone by i would have inhaled that. I just screwed it up and put it in the bin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals