Pregnenolone Vs Progesterone Vs 5-dhp For Reducing Stress

M

member 6316

I have tried pregnenolone it didn´t do much for my anxiety but according to a thread on here it is the best hormone in blocking stress.
I tried progesterone cream and oil didn´t do much either, when progesterone is taken topical not much of it is converted allopregnanolone, So I tried swallowing progesterone oil but that didn´t seem to work either. Im guessing the bioavailability is low or something? even at 100mg oil swallowing didn´t do anything for me. It only worked once, same with progesterone cream I got effect from it only once then it stopped working...
Maybe my body has trouble converting them or something and it gets used for cortisol .

I was looking at 5-dhp, seems promising, much of it is converted to allopregnanolone.
What other hormones can 5-dhp get coverted to besides allopregnanolone? & can 5-dhp stop working?

OP
M

member 6316

for anyone who used 5-dhp, how´d you take it?

Dhair

for anyone who used 5-dhp, how´d you take it?
N=1 but for what it's worth 5a-DHP nearly caused me to have a mental breakdown. Use it with caution. It is great to get your mind to shut up in emergency situations, but if you react badly to it, it will creep up on you and it will take at least a week to reverse the side effects after you've stopped taking it. Just my experience though.

OP
M

member 6316

N=1 but for what it's worth 5a-DHP nearly caused me to have a mental breakdown. Use it with caution. It is great to get your mind to shut up in emergency situations, but if you react badly to it, it will creep up on you and it will take at least a week to reverse the side effects after you've stopped taking it. Just my experience though.
what is N=1? Im guessing you used haidut 5a-dhp, do you just put 2 drops in your mouth and swallow?

OP
M

member 6316

what is Deoxycorticosterone? converted from 5a-dhp also?

saw this:

in people who are under stress, have neurological damage, have endured treatment with finsateride, or are simply loaded with PUFA the enzyme 5-AR is downregulated both in levels and in activity. As such, simply supplementing with progesterone may not have the desired effects of raising allopregnanolone

maybe thats why progesterone and pregnenolone didn´t work for me.

The steroid 5α-DHP is exactly such substance, and for now it seems to not be subject to any clinical trials or legal threats. It is a direct precursor of allopregnanolone and as such should elevate allopregnanolone levels even in people with strongly downregulated 5-AR ,for people under severe stress . (5α-DHP) can serve as a pro-hormone to potent androgens such as DHT, androstanedione, and androsterone through a recently discovered alternative pathway. 5α-DHP is also a direct precursor to allopregnanolone and can elevate its levels even in cases of severely downregulated 5-AR activity due to stress.

so 5a-dhp raises allpregnanolone which increases GABA,I wonder how GABA helps with anxiety? It normalizes CRH?

Also I wonder how pregnenolone helps anxiety besides the increase in allpregnanolone. what other anti anxiety mechanism does it possess?

for anyone that is taking 5a-dhp what dosage did you use? n how u take it?

trough which mechanism is 5-adhp relax a person? agonism on GABA-A? does that alone balance CRH? or allpregnenalone has other mechanisms for stress?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

member 6316

whats 20a-DHP and can 5a-dhp convert to pregnenolone and progesterone?

OP
M

member 6316

is it possible to lack the enzyme that converts 5a-dhp to allopregnenolone? sinc

e I read some people have hard time converting pregnenolone or progesterone to some hormones including allopregnenolone due to low 5-ar enzyme .

also what does this mean?

''Self-inhibition of GABA cannot stop all transport into the brain, and the highest recorded value of inhibition has been 80%.[4]''

that GABA only can inhibit 80% of CRH/other stuff? So if you take 5a-dhp and it converts to allopregnenolone and since that modulates GABA-A it will only help max 80%?

and what other hormones have anti-anxiety effects? besides pregnenolone and allopregnenoolone,

OP
M

member 6316

wonder why progesterone orally has low bioavability but a progesterone metabolite ie 5a-dhp is does not

OP
M

member 6316

Are there any hormones that are agonist on GABA-B? I saw this study ''GABA regulates corticotropin releasing hormone levels in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus'' It mentions GABA-B : GABA regulates corticotropin releasing hormone levels in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus in newborn mice. - PubMed - NCBI

I know GABA-A surpresses the amygdala which indirectly decreases CRH, But does GABA-A have any direct effects on CRH as GABA-B mentioned in the study? im guessing not since it wasn´t mentioned.

Does this study say GABA-A regulates 65% of the CRH in the PV hypothalamus? GABA(A) receptor subunit expression within hypophysiotropic CRH neurons: a dual hybridization histochemical study. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
M

member 6316

+ whats the half life of 5a-dhp and allopregnenolone? and can GABA-A agonist upregulate GABA-B? since GABA-A decreases anxiety so GABA-B works better?

OP
M

member 6316

is it synergic to take progesterone n 5a-dhp together or bad