Pregnenolone That Does Not Increase Progesterone

jitsmonkey

Its worth noting that men have taken far larger doses of both substances discussed in this thread with none of the negative effects noted.
Not saying any of the opinions are wrong but the brushes are too broad and the assumptions too many.

B

Braveheart

I think we're taking more DHEA than we need especially if it's dmso. I am trying to lose weight for the summer now and I have quit anything that has the potential to convert to estrogen, DHEA is one of them. Now taking Andro on balls and 7mg pregnenolone orally and so far I don't feel it's making my penis numb. I try to make sure to take glycine and niacinamide at the same time to make pregnenolone conversion androgenic dominantly. I know some of the pregnenolone will convert to progesterone but little bit progesterone shouldn't be a big problem!
I've hit on a regimen that I will stick with for a while...feels really good and right for me...and I'm loosing weight/adipose, which was the predominate goal.....1 drop Androsterone, 1 drop Kuinone on the jewels and 1 drop Stressnon and 1 drop Progestin on wrists...am, 5 days on 2 off. Will tweak this, I'm sure, but this is the "core".

japanesedude

just 10mg oral pregnenolone can kill my libido and erection.
but adding DHEA or other Androgens like Androsterone,Testosterone and DHT can eliminate this side effects from Pregnenolone.
but Im not sure these Androgens are enough to combat Pregnenolone's fat gain effect.

Atman

I have been using 40 mg of pregnenolone per day for more than 3 months; and I use 5 mg progesterone, topical use, per day;
But, recently, progesterone decayed and prolactin increased [indicating estrogenization]. And DHEA did not go up: it's too low;

I would stop this attempt at analysing lab values, especially as a lay person without much experience.
As Ray has mentioned numerous times, it is not possible to draw definite conclusions from individual hormone levels.
It is often much better to go by feel and symptoms.

Do you have high cortisol symptoms (brittle skin, muscle atrophy ... )?
If not, stop thinking about it.

milk_lover

just 10mg oral pregnenolone can kill my libido and erection.
but adding DHEA or other Androgens like Androsterone,Testosterone and DHT can eliminate this side effects from Pregnenolone.
but Im not sure these Androgens are enough to combat Pregnenolone's fat gain effect.
I noticed that about pregnenolone even at small doses.. Maybe it's converting to too much progesterone in our cases.. Andro and DHEA along with extra estrogen inhibitors like fat soluble vits and aspirin/coffee may be a good way for us..

japanesedude

definately yes.
10mg Pregnenolone raises my body temp more than Andro+Pan combo.
its like my hands and feet are burning.
I feel some kind of euphoria and spacey.
wake up with no morning wood which I always have.
I believe this is exactly the effects of Progesterone.

milk_lover

definately yes.
Yup progesterone definitely increases my temperature and so does low-dose pregnenolone.. If I know I will see my partner, I never touch pregnenlone or progesterone even if the pregnenolone comes with DHEA like pansterone.. I just take thyroid with DHEA and I feel happy and ready for sex anytime..

milk_lover

Or I just don't take anything... Not taking anything is in many cases better than taking pregnenolone lol

japanesedude

lol
once haidut said that

Pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA when applied to the scrotum will probably convert
mostly into T and not DHT because there is not much 5-AR enzymes in the gonads.

However,I personally get good effect from low dose oral DHEA(with coffee,1tbsp sugar and coconut oil.)
but It probably will be converted to DHT.

anyway,I would stay away from oral Pregnenolone.

btw,Im intereted in Thyroids. but don't know where to start.(Tyronene or Tyromix)

milk_lover

lol
once haidut said that

Pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA when applied to the scrotum will probably convert
mostly into T and not DHT because there is not much 5-AR enzymes in the gonads.

However,I personally get good effect from low dose oral DHEA(with coffee,1tbsp sugar and coconut oil.)
but It probably will be converted to DHT.

anyway,I would stay away from oral Pregnenolone.

btw,Im intereted in Thyroids. but don't know where to start.(Tyronene or Tyromix)
I don't react as badly with Tyromix as with Tyronene... But I take thyroid from time to time, not doing it regularly..

Frankdee20

definately yes.

Yeah, I’m learning the more I take Pregnenalone, what effects end up most typical. That progesterone conversion and the spaceyness, flakiness, girlyness, numbness, is a not worth it. This tends to occur when it’s used frequently, more so than how much. Usually if there’s a break, these effects aren’t as profound as say, consistent daily dosing.

Frankdee20

I am happy to report (as someone whose notoriously reported issues with it) that I’ve been taking 5mg oral Pregnenalone by Douglas Labs for 6 consecutive days, and I feel great. This is one of those things that requires a degree of dosage experimentation, and route of administration. I get somewhat androgenic effects, pep in my step, mood elevation, and more outgoing personality. I’m tempted to go higher, or add DHEA topical for the enhanced synergy.

Mauritio

I am happy to report (as someone whose notoriously reported issues with it) that I’ve been taking 5mg oral Pregnenalone by Douglas Labs for 6 consecutive days, and I feel great. This is one of those things that requires a degree of dosage experimentation, and route of administration. I get somewhat androgenic effects, pep in my step, mood elevation, and more outgoing personality. I’m tempted to go higher, or add DHEA topical for the enhanced synergy.
so did you go higher ?

Frankdee20

so did you go higher ?

Okay so I finally got my Pure Encapsulations brand 10mg Pregnenalone capsules again. So I’ve had like 2 months off from any Pregnenalone. Been on it again for three days. I started slow, maybe half a capsule, and repeated. Felt great, a true antidepressant. Enhances sociability, talkativeness, but also in tune with environment. Too much makes me spacey though, but someone else reported why this occurs. Extra Pregnenalone freezes neurotransmitters until it can be processed. So I guess you have to play around with the dosage. It’s best taken with food. I took 20mg today and feel spacey.

Mauritio

nice! i too think its all about the dosage...

Frankdee20

nice! i too think its all about the dosage...

Yeah, it’s crazy. Like no amount of coffee or alcohol will change the set point of neurotransmitters when you’re locked up. I will wait a bit and then go back to sprinkling a bit of a capsule. That effect I got in the begging was awesome. Stimulating, but not anxious. I wonder if I take more will I get good effect.

Mauritio

What do you mena exactly by locked up ?
Today is my second day on pregnenolone. I started with 50mg yesterday and decreased to 25mg today. First day got estrogen dominance symptoms and woke up at 3 in the night but also had the benefits of more relaxation and so on ..
Today feel a lot better less /minimal estrogen syptoms more sociable talkative easy going ...

Frankdee20

What do you mena exactly by locked up ?
Today is my second day on pregnenolone. I started with 50mg yesterday and decreased to 25mg today. First day got estrogen dominance symptoms and woke up at 3 in the night but also had the benefits of more relaxation and so on ..
Today feel a lot better less /minimal estrogen syptoms more sociable talkative easy going ...

On this forum, in a Pregnenalone thread somewhere, someone cites anabolic minds. That source basically stated that when too much Pregnenalone is ingested at once, it locks up the neurotransmitters in the brain temporarily. This is a stabilizing effect that won’t allow for transient fluctuations in neurotransmitters until the Pregnenalone is metabolized. This effect is felt mostly as a spaced out, dopey state many report from Pregnenalone. I’m not sure if it’s true, but I swear when that occurs, nothing can shift it.

Frankdee20

I went back to opening a capsule and sprinkling in my food. I felt better today doing that vs popping a whole 10 mg. Basically divided doses seem to give better effect, this could be due to anything though.

Frankdee20

Pure Encapsulations is a good brand, Douglas Labs had more excipients. Sublingual Pregnenalone is quite different from oral though. I’ve never taken more than 20-30 mg ever, who knows what higher doses would do. I haven’t tested my hormones in 8 months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals